Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Very cute to see Hippolyta lifting her grown up daughter as if she is just a child.

Incredible Member

That's adorable! Awww

Astonishing Member

I had wondered when the blonde version of Hippolyta debuted. It was in the first issue drawn by Ross Andru Wonder Woman 98; H.G. Peter -- the Golden Age Wonder Woman artist drew the previous -- which is considered to be the break point of Earth 2 and Earth 1 stories. Peter died that same year, so I'm assuming he either passed away or was too ill to continue drawing the book. Andru provided the cover art for Peter's last issue. Apparently, this was also the issue where started ending Hippolyta's name with an 'a' instead of the more accurate 'e'.

It always tickled me to hear people read the 'e version as:
    Hippo Lyte

It cracks me up every time

Incredible Member

Yeah, even if it's more accurate, Hippo Light sounds dumb. HippolytAH sounds more graceful and commanding.

I just flipped through the issue where Hippolyta is brought back to life for the first time, back in the Amazons Attack days, and boy was it weird and kinda gross to open the issue and immediately see three panels of flesh growing over Hippolyta's skeleton. You'd think there would have been more development of the idea that the long-dead Queen had just been resurrected by her sworn enemy Circe after having moved on to the afterlife and bid a loving farewell to Diana and everything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she came back - she never should have been killed off in the first place, even though PJ did justice to the character in her final issues - but having her just essentially pop back up in an issue and not even struggle to comprehend what had happened to make it possible? That's bizarre.

I guess they really wanted to move on with Amazons Attack - which begins in that same issue - but to me it was majorly weird to gloss over all the drama and details surrounding her resurrection.

For those that read the previous issues, how did Circe even get her bones or make the decision to bring her back?

And why would Hippolyta have even been necessary? Why bring her back at all? If Circe just wanted the Amazons to attack the US, couldn't Phillipus have lead the charge while Diana was imprisoned by the Justice Department or whatever?

Happy mother's day

Incredible Member

Oh my lord ROTFL

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Happy mother's day

Oooooooooooo! I'mma tell Momma!