Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Toronto’s Jose Berrios came into his start tonight at Citizens Bank Park with a MLB leading ERA of 1.44. Then my Phillies touched him up for 8 runs, highlighted by a Bryce Harper grand slam in a 10-1 mauling of the Blue Jays.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Toronto’s Jose Berrios came into his start tonight at Citizens Bank Park with a MLB leading ERA of 1.44. Then my Phillies touched him up for 8 runs, highlighted by a Bryce Harper grand slam in a 10-1 mauling of the Blue Jays.
    Unless I miss my guess, your Phillies, (also my favorite team), are the MLB leaders! The Dodgers and Yanks follow, (how are the Yanks doing it, BTW).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Unless I miss my guess, your Phillies, (also my favorite team), are the MLB leaders! The Dodgers and Yanks follow, (how are the Yanks doing it, BTW).
    Yup, the Phightins are 26-11, followed by the Dodgers at 25-13 and the Yanks at 24-13 in a tie with 23-12 Baltimore atop AL East.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I like the Jays' Davis Schneider. I figure that in the same way a racing stripe makes a car faster according to the laws of physics, his awesome 70s pron mustache puts an automatic 70 points on his batting average.

Extraordinary Member

Card's Wilson Contreras is out after a batter hit his forearm with the bat, breaking it. Ouch. They really ought to put a line back there behind home plate beyond which catchers can't pass. I've seen way to many catcher's interference calls this season. And yes, poor Wilson was called on that. Yes, the batter was broken up by it. Time for MLB to step in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Card's Wilson Contreras is out after a batter hit his forearm with the bat, breaking it. Ouch. They really ought to put a line back there behind home plate beyond which catchers can't pass. I've seen way to many catcher's interference calls this season. And yes, poor Wilson was called on that. Yes, the batter was broken up by it. Time for MLB to step in.
    Contreras was further forward than normal and the batter looked to be back pretty far in the box as well...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Contreras was further forward than normal and the batter looked to be back pretty far in the box as well...
    Like I said, they need to put a line behind home which the catcher can't cross during a pitch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yup, the Phightins are 26-11, followed by the Dodgers at 25-13 and the Yanks at 24-13 in a tie with 23-12 Baltimore atop AL East.
    I have really liked the Phillies for years now, despite living no where near the state, much less the city. I love their competitiveness. They seem to WANT to win every game, not something I can say for example of the Angels. I like their players...yes, I know that's irrational----I've never even met any of them and likely never will, but I do like them and I stand by that. I just think they're a great team.

Extraordinary Member

As for the Dodgers. Walker B is back and...better than I expected for a guy who hasn't pitched in two years. His velocity is okay, and his placement isn't terrible. He did get hit a bit, but actually watching him showed he wasn't that bad. And lets face it, with the Dodgers, not too bad is all that was needed. Meanwhile, Kersh is coming along well, apparently. He'll likely be back sometime around the All-Star break. And Yamamoto is going great, looking to be another ace for the Dodgers, along with Glasnow, who has been outstanding. And Gavin Lux, the guy they moved Mookie to second for because Lux can't play short, finally got a hit, in this case a HR. Still, he's batting in the one hundreds, and needs to pick it up. James Outman is fine in the outfield, but batting, he's still living up to his name, a sure out. He's also in the hundreds. Taylor....is also in that range. I don't know how much longer the Dodgers can stick with any of them before sending them down to work on their swings.