Thread: Spider-man '98

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Gotta admit, as much as I said I wouldn't go crazy over a Spider-Man '98 being announced... that cameo did get me hyped. Didn't even realize how much I'd be excited for him till I saw him swinging again in HD.

Also, his cameo is actually quite clever.

spoilers:
    Magneto just declared war on humanity and launched a global EMP. Spidey is Marvel's "everyman" so for him to see Magneto's attack while swinging and going about his day puts into perspective what Magneto just did.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you believe the rumors FNSM has already been scrapped because they let go of their storyboarders before they could start making the second season back when it was "Freshman Year."
    Interesting.

In fairness, as much hate as it gets, Ultimate Spider-Man was popular enough to get four seasons. It wouldn't have even gotten it's 4th season if the 3rd didn't have great streaming numbers.
    I mean, it's Spider-Man and Season 2 was greenlighted before Season 1 even released. It clearly hasn't left an imprint, though.

You can be ambitious with a teen Spider-Man show, otherwise Spectacular wouldn't have been as great as it was.
    Definitely. But Spectacular was also a no-nonsense show. By that I mean its own thing, no inserting other Marvel characters, no gimmick (e.g. MCU spinoff, working with Norman, etc.) and just adapted the comics. It's more like X-Men '97 than FN seems to be.

It's not impossible for FN to match the rest but there's only so much you can do with a weird unnatural premise IMO.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-02-2024 at 08:07 PM.