Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spider-man '98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If they did I would stay away from Spider verse. Do villians that didn't get focus. Let MJ and maybe May Learn the secret. If they were to adapt more modern tales maybe flash could be agent Venom abit.
    X-Men Forever

The X-Men 97 mid-season trailer had a glimpse of Cap's shield.

Fantastic Member

I'd like to see them do a huge gang war type deal... Kingpin, Tombstone, Hammerhead, The Rose, Silvermane, Mr. Negative and whoever else... all vying to take over New York. Only do the opposite of Zeb Wells and make it good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think John Semper Jr. was going to make it so that Peter and the real Mary Jane wouldn't be married. Ever. At the time, he subscribed to a similar thought process as Marvel Editorial and only did The Wedding involving the clone so he could get it out of the way. If he returns to the series as showrunner, I fear we may see a revival of that particular story outcome. However, if he isn't brought back on board, then I would definitely like to see KLH, the Clone Saga and JMS adapted.
    Yeah. Semper seems interested in coming back, but X-men got a completely new showrunner (albeit they recently fired him.) I'm hoping if he comes back at all, it's in a consultant role at best. I don't particularly care for any of his ideas for a season 6 (MJ being trapped in Victorian London and Peter fighting Jack the Ripper Carnage) and IMO it doesn't really mesh with the approach they've taken with the X-men series.

There's really no way to get around the marriage in the show unless they drag out finding MJ indefinitely. The couple was legally married regardless of whether it was actually a clone or not. And given the target demographic for the 90s revivals is older, and the new popularity of Ultimate Spider-man, I'm hoping they would feel differently about it.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Yeah. Semper seems interested in coming back, but X-men got a completely new showrunner (albeit they recently fired him.) I'm hoping if he comes back at all, it's in a consultant role at best. I don't particularly care for any of his ideas for a season 6 (MJ being trapped in Victorian London and Peter fighting Jack the Ripper Carnage) and IMO it doesn't really mesh with the approach they've taken with the X-men series.

There's really no way to get around the marriage in the show unless they drag out finding MJ indefinitely. The couple was legally married regardless of whether it was actually a clone or not. And given the target demographic for the 90s revivals is older, and the new popularity of Ultimate Spider-man, I'm hoping they would feel differently about it.
    Same here. Oh, I guess I forgot to say that I'd like to see the Cosmic Spider-Man arc but...I don't think Marvel has the TV/Movie rights to Captain Universe, Hasbro does.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 03-30-2024 at 06:08 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Same here. Oh, I guess I forgot to say that I'd like to see the Cosmic Spider-Man arc but...I don't think Marvel has the TV/Movie rights to Captain Universe, Hasbro does.
    Marvel did some retconning to the Captain Universe/Uni-Power/Enigma Force over the years. I do believe it belongs to them.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel did some retconning to the Captain Universe/Uni-Power/Enigma Force over the years. I do believe it belongs to them.
    There is hope after all! Cosmic Spider-Man '98, here we come! That means we can get the epic battles with Magneto, Grey Hulk, The Tri-Sentinel and...um...Terminus! With Quasar as a guest star!!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

It would be cool if the show also continues having guest heroes/villains. An episode with Spidey fighting Juggernaut or Magneto would be great.