With the positive reception to X-men 97, there's been a lot of discussion surrounding a revival of the 90s animated Spider-man show which took place in the same universe. If the show were to return, what direction would you be interested in them taking? What comic storylines/characters would you like to see adapted?

Personally, I'd like them to handle the new series with the same maturity as X-men 97 and adapt stories that wouldn't/couldn't be adapted in the 90s due to fox censorship. Peter finding Mary Jane is a given, but I'd prefer that story be condensed to one or two episodes (maybe as a crossover with the x-men?) and not dragged out into an entire Spider-verse/dimension hopping season ala John Semper's original idea. The Spider-verse stuff has been overdone in other cartoons and I'd prefer a return to a more grounded storyline for the (presumably) more adult target audience.

Peter and Mary Jane would be legally married, but I imagine that the real Mary Jane might need some time alone to figure things out for herself. This could lead to a separation and reunion arc ala JMS. I'd also like to see Aunt May discover Peter's secret identity as she did in the JMS run.

Whenever Peter and Mary Jane are reunited, they could also adapt Kraven's Last Hunt.

The last series ended with Harry's reformation and teased a relationship between him and Liz. Perhaps a new season could adapt material from JMD's Spectacular Spider-man run. The series also ended with Norman Osborn trapped in limbo. So they could adapt the return of Norman ala the Clone Saga and some of the Green Goblin material from the late 90s/early 2000s.

Other new popular developments that they could touch upon include Morlun, Mr. Negative, the Superior Spider-man, etc. They could adapt Sandman who wasn't in the original series. They could adapt elements from MC2, Renew Your Vows, or other au variants, etc.