Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Why, don't like Gail or the team?
    I think the premise for Uncanny is kind of boring, so that along with a very traditional team just have me generally unexcited about the book. I've never read anything by Simone and I like most of the team. While I do think it makes sense for Bobby to be on the more traditionally superheroic team, I don't know that it would lead to particularly new or interesting story opportunities for the character.

Sharing this because I know some of the other Iceman fans here have expressed interest in his Dragon Mythos. I posted about it in the Jean/Phoenix thread a while back, and I would have shared it in the Iceman Appreciation thread as well, but there wasn't one and I didn't want to create such a thread just for this purpose.

Recent events in the comics have brought renewed interest to the Dragon Mythos, companion to the Phoenix Mythos, and sent the chronicling of its story roaring back to life! Now with all preexisting material revised and a MASSIVE UPDATE that includes a TON of new material!

Learn:

• How the Dragon Mythos got its start as a fan theory in the 1970's!

• How Chris Claremont's plans to use the shadow-side of Kabbalah as an adversary for Jean/Phoenix and the X-Men came to cast a defining shadow across the nascent Dragon Mythos!

• How J. M. DeMatteis began to lay the foundation for the Dragon Mythos in the 1984 Iceman mini-series(and how it would lead to then-X-editor Louise Jones(Simonson) later adding her own significant contributions to the Mythos).

• What sits opposite the White Hot Room on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Death, why Tiferet/Tiphereth is a 'White Hot' Room and what opposing 'Power' balances the Phoenix Force!

• How Kieron Gillen drew directly from the Zohar, the textual foundation of Kabbalah, to craft the scene with 'Apocalypse' in Immortal X-Men!

• Which Sefirot and Qliphoth are now revealed as established Marvel Comics Universe realms!

• Why Iceman had to actually be erased from existence to complete his journey into becoming the Dragon!

New additions now include material from the recent Resurrection of Magneto mini-series, and even more annotations for the 1984 Iceman mini-series!

All that and much, much more!

2024 marks not only the fortieth anniversary of the historic 1984 Iceman mini-series that started Iceman's journey to becoming the Dragon on the printed page, but it is also literally the Chinese Year of the Dragon! All the pieces are in place for a story that is decades in the making!

In the recent final issues of Immortal X-Men, the White Hot Room saw fit to warn the mutants of a coming threat that is in some way akin to Satan! Are they ready!?

Are you?!

Prepare yourselves for the arrival of the ultimate supernatural threat, as two old friends with opposing destinies see their entwined fates... at last... collide!

The Dragon Mythos

(Part Two is coming soon!)
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think the premise for Uncanny is kind of boring, so that along with a very traditional team just have me generally unexcited about the book. I've never read anything by Simone and I like most of the team. While I do think it makes sense for Bobby to be on the more traditionally superheroic team, I don't know that it would lead to particularly new or interesting story opportunities for the character.
    I can see what you mean about the premise. I was kinda disappointed myself but the team roster and the writer overtook whatever reservations I had about the books direction. I'm actually looking forward to the character interactions the most. I would love the addition of Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Sharing this because I know some of the other Iceman fans here have expressed interest in his Dragon Mythos. I posted about it in the Jean/Phoenix thread a while back, and I would have shared it in the Iceman Appreciation thread as well, but there wasn't one and I didn't want to create such a thread just for this purpose.

Recent events in the comics have brought renewed interest to the Dragon Mythos, companion to the Phoenix Mythos, and sent the chronicling of its story roaring back to life! Now with all preexisting material revised and a MASSIVE UPDATE that includes a TON of new material!

Learn:

• How Chris Claremont's plans to use the shadow-side of Kabbalah as an adversary for Jean/Phoenix and the X-Men came to cast a defining shadow across the nascent Dragon Mythos!

• How J. M. DeMatteis began to lay the foundation for the Dragon Mythos in the 1984 Iceman mini-series(and how it would lead to then-X-editor Louise Jones(Simonson) later adding her own significant contributions to the Mythos).

• What sits opposite the White Hot Room on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life and Death, why Tiferet/Tiphereth is a 'White Hot' Room and what opposing 'Power' balances the Phoenix Force!

• How Kieron Gillen drew directly from the Zohar, the textual foundation of Kabbalah, to craft the scene with 'Apocalypse' in Immortal X-Men!

• Which Sefirot and Qliphoth are now revealed as established Marvel Comics Universe realms!

• Why Iceman had to actually be erased from existence to complete his journey into becoming the Dragon!

New additions now include material from the recent Resurrection of Magneto mini-series, and even more annotations for the 1984 Iceman mini-series!

2024 marks not only the fortieth anniversary of the historic 1984 Iceman mini-series that started Iceman's journey to becoming the Dragon on the printed page, but it is also literally the Chinese Year of the Dragon! All the pieces are in place for a story that is decades in the making!

In the recent final issues of Immortal X-Men, the White Hot Room saw fit to warn the mutants of a coming threat that is in some way akin to Satan! Are they ready!?

Are you?!

Prepare yourselves for the arrival of the ultimate supernatural threat, as two old friends with opposing destinies see their entwined fates... at last... collide!

The Dragon Mythos

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

Learn:

Are you?!

The Dragon Mythos

Thank you for reposting here. Can't believe an Iceman thread didn't even exist basically four months into the year. It should show how badly Marvel has treated this character in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thank you for reposting here. Can't believe an Iceman thread didn't even exist basically four months into the year. It should show how badly Marvel has treated this character in the last decade.
    He was in several books, had at least three minis and appeared in major events. I wouldn't say he's been unused. It's just FoX where he's not appearing at all now and right now we don't know where he will be in the next era so it's hard to get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    He was in several books, had at least three minis and appeared in major events. I wouldn't say he's been unused. It's just FoX where he's not appearing at all now and right now we don't know where he will be in the next era so it's hard to get excited.

I feel the Krakoan era was one of Iceman's best. We finally had his younger self back in the past and focused on present Iceman bettering himself as an out gay mutant. He had two romantic relationships with Christian Frost and Romeo. The X-Verse finally properly wove in his relationship with Firestar into their comic mythos. He was arguably on the flagship team being voted into the X-Men this era as well. His ultimate "death" at the Hellfire Gala felt meaningful and apart of the major event. Even his mini after established his own Artic Headquarters and gave him The Cleaner as a more personalized villain.

His post HFG has been the messy - he has been publicly seen, and interacted with Spider-Man; but there is no mention of him in the X-Men. Emma has been contacting mutants telepathically.... nothing. Xavier had the five in WHR bring back all those that died... no Iceman (and please no more two of same character). I was hoping he might get an omega level return moment but it seems like he might not even make the end of the event at all.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I also feel that the Krakoan era that Bobby wasn't neglected all that much, though his recent mini could have been better. It was fun but nothing earth shattering.

Romeo doesn't help garner interest, with or without sexy stache.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Romeo doesn't help garner interest, with or without sexy stache.
    The sexy stache is important. It's character development.

Astonishing Member

For those interested, I posted in the FCBD review thread my reasoning about Bobby actually being Inmate X, and that's why he hasn't been in any of the Fall of X stuff since his mini.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/06/x-...rom-the-ashes/

AIPT: So, when sorting through X-Fans’ questions, I picked up on some concerns over their favorite characters not appearing in any promotional images. I’m going to list some characters and you tell me… whatever you can tell me!

AIPT: OK, how about Iceman?

Tom: Iceman, yes.

AIPT: OK, Tom — final question. Six months into the “From the Ashes” era… what three X-Men characters will X-Fans be talking about?

Tom: Wow. That’s a good question.

I’m pulling up my master chart here. For the sake of argument, rather than starting in May, let’s say from June. So that pretty much puts us around December. Let’s see… who do I have on my little chart and who can I point to?

I think we’ll definitely be talking about Inmate X.

I think we’ll definitely be talking about Iceman.

And I think of all people… again, this is probably more of a tease than it’s worth, but what the hell… we’ll talk a little bit about Stevie Hunter.
    It's interesting not only because of the Iceman mentions, but the context. He went into some detail on most of the other characters...but for Iceman, 'whatever you can tell me' apparently wasn't much.

And again, Inmate X people are already talking about and have been for some time, which suggests whatever is happening with Iceman is comparably BIG.

Whatever is coming, I don't think it's going to be simply another power feat or even him leading a team like X-Factor. Could it be, at last, the D-----!?
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    For those interested, I posted in the FCBD review thread my reasoning about Bobby actually being Inmate X, and that's why he hasn't been in any of the Fall of X stuff since his mini.
    I think Professor x is inmate X
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I think Professor x is inmate X
    I mean, I think everyone does, which is why I don't think its him, it seems a bit too obvious. But I'm pretty sure I was off the mark anyway given that both Inmate X and Bobby were named by Brevoort as two of the three characters ppl will be talking about by the end of the first six months lol, unless he's REALLY committing to hiding that possibility. Oh well.

Incredible Member

That's cute !