Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

if you're looking for a redo of any previous version of X-Force, or any member of X-Force, you will be disappointed.

keep moving forward.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Rereading my Remender Uncanny X-Force collection, its interesting seeing Betsy on another X-Force team considering one of her main fears in the book is her growing acclimatation to violence and coming to enjoy the act of brutal killing.

Looks like she can't really escape that path once you're on it. Poor girl.
    Interested to see what this mission statement is/executed. Breevort talked about it in one of his recent posts and I’m really intrigued on how all these characters fit in. It seems like it’s going to work/click and I’m excited. The cast is strong and Forge seems beyond capable of getting a team into some adventures. Lost in the sauce seems like Betsy’s mo since uncanny 510

This is a new Era for Betsy , no more krakoa , new body , and on her home which is X-force with her girlfriend and teamates.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    This is a new Era for Betsy , no more krakoa , new body , and on her home which is X-force with her girlfriend and teamates.
    Seems like the same Betsy since mystery in madripoor…which is British Betsy that went thru krakoa. Betsy Braddock is a great character(one of my faves) and I’m glad she’s in this book whether she is much different or not from previous iterations(doesn’t seem different from krakoa era just a different mission).

I’m looking forward to sage getting some development, like damn give her a trait/hobby or someone to smooch or even hate or foil for her.

Yea I'm a sage fan too , they made her a alchoolhic characteriture really hope that's not it anymore . She's very under utilised and is deserving of a plot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Yea I'm a sage fan too , they made her a alchoolhic characteriture really hope that's not it anymore . She's very under utilised and is deserving of a plot.
    The krakoa era gave Sage alcohol, and Polaris/Lorna coffee as character development. Hope this new xforce era goes deeper than that.

Rereading my Remender Uncanny X-Force collection, its interesting seeing Betsy on another X-Force team considering one of her main fears in the book is her growing acclimatation to violence and coming to enjoy the act of brutal killing.

Looks like she can't really escape that path once you're on it. Poor girl.
    X-Force wasn’t always a kill squad. She not gonna be murdering people but I’m sure she’ll still be pragmatic which aligns with her personality since back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by jennk1013 View Post
    Healed and in such a different place now than she was then, though it's fun that this iteration also has her alongside another love interest and one of her best friends (is it wrong to consider Logan and Sage both two of her best friends? I choose to but dunno if that's accurate lol). Not trying to draw any comparisons or expectations from that, just excited to see how this new team vibes and how Forge leads them. And the action. And this new Blackbird sounds cool!
    She hasn’t had any great interactions with Logan in a long time. I miss their friendship but no one ever writes them together.

The new x force is my 2nd most promising book after Phoenix. I really think we will be see seeing character devolpment and I have huge hopes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While X-Force is my most (and only, for now) anticipated X-book...my hopes remain very tempered, until I see an illustrated and lettered preview.

The X-office made me lower my guard with HoX/PoX, gave me wine and sun-flowers and great conversation then started forcefully penetrating me with a cactus and no lube. Then they walked out leaving the door wide open for any passerby to see my condition.

Never again.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    if you're looking for a redo of any previous version of X-Force, or any member of X-Force, you will be disappointed.

keep moving forward.
    Nothing said so far leads me to think I'll be disappointed at all! So far it sounds like my jam and I'm just ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    She hasn’t had any great interactions with Logan in a long time. I miss their friendship but no one ever writes them together.
    Yeah, I miss them too. Her, Logan and Jubilee together again would be a good time. But always down for new friendships and stuff too, it's half the fun to me.
    Last edited by jennk1013; 05-08-2024 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While X-Force is my most (and only, for now) anticipated X-book...my hopes remain very tempered, until I see an illustrated and lettered preview.

The X-office made me lower my guard with HoX/PoX, gave me wine and sun-flowers and great conversation then started forcefully penetrating me with a cactus and no lube. Then they walked out leaving the door wide open for any passerby to see my condition.

Never again.
    That’s… incredibly descriptive. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Healed and in such a different place now than she was then, though it's fun that this iteration also has her alongside another love interest and one of her best friends (is it wrong to consider Logan and Sage both two of her best friends? I choose to but dunno if that's accurate lol). Not trying to draw any comparisons or expectations from that, just excited to see how this new team vibes and how Forge leads them. And the action. And this new Blackbird sounds cool!
    It is funny how she's once again on a team working alongside Deadpool even if its temporary.

Which is funny to think Deadpool was probably her last problematic mate from that era. Wolverine was very self-righteous to justify their actions, Warren lost his mind and tried to commit genocide, and Fantomex was pretty manipulative and actually willing to shoot a child to get the job done.

Ironically Deadpool wound up being the heart of the team by being horrified of the lengths they'll go to accomplish the job.

It is funny how she's once again on a team working alongside Deadpool even if its temporary.

Which is funny to think Deadpool was probably her last problematic mate from that era. Wolverine was very self-righteous to justify their actions, Warren lost his mind and tried to commit genocide, and Fantomex was pretty manipulative and actually willing to shoot a child to get the job done.

Ironically Deadpool wound up being the heart of the team by being horrified of the lengths they'll go to accomplish the job.
    I agree. I think UXF's Deadpool could be loved and appreciated even by those who hated Wade. Kudos to Redeemer for that.
    We shall see how Redjack tackles Wade.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

Yeah I think I'd place Sage as one of her close friends and I'm hoping X-Force will graduate them to besties. I love that the team isn't huge and they'll be in close quarters together.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Never again.
    Sibz! LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!