Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

All jokes aside, who remembers the silent issues we got in the early 2000s? the ones with no balloon?
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    All jokes aside, who remembers the silent issues we got in the early 2000s? the ones with no balloon?
    Early 2000s? I remember the Silent Interlude issue of "G.I. Joe" from the 80s. And it was awesome because of what it was able to convey about the characters without a word.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Early 2000s? I remember the Silent Interlude issue of "G.I. Joe" from the 80s. And it was awesome because of what it was able to convey about the characters without a word.
    And it seems that the Marvel silent issues were an homage to the G.I. Joe one!
    You learn something new everyday!
    Marvel's Nuff Said.

All-New Member

A silent issue... from the perspective of Amazing Baby! Ala Hawkeye. Now there's the ticket.

Those 'Nuff Said issues were great though.

Quote Originally Posted by jennk1013 View Post
    A silent issue... from the perspective of Amazing Baby! Ala Hawkeye. Now there's the ticket.

Those 'Nuff Said issues were great though.
    I think it would be an interesting perspective (or Lockheed, or Shogo - depending on the team, of course).
    It takes a good author and a good artist, or someone who comes up with a storyboard conductive to a speechless story (not sure about the exact process going on necessary to turn an idea the author got to the actual issue we read). But I think Marvel should give the experiment another try. Not mandatory, but ask its writers if they're up to the challenge and give them a bonus issue (like an annual or what, so they don't disrupt their storyline) for this.
    Perhaps it would be a chance to have a non-fight, slice of everyday life of the team and the eventual pairs (in case in the team there are characters who are in a romantic relationship).

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I remember the silent issues but I remember them as being released in the 90's for some reason. I actually wasn't too impressed with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Welcome and welcome! Loving all this new energy and it's thanks to the excitement Geoff and X-Force have created.
    Just wanted to pop in to echo this sentiment! Things have been a bit dour around here as Krakoa wraps up (which I’ve definitely been guilty of contributing to at times), and having both Geoff and Gail open themselves up to fans has been really nice to see.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-04-2024 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's an interesting theory. I'm not sure any white character has ever been turned black in comics and it stuck. I'm thinking maybe Nick Fury and maybe Kid Quantum but that's it.

I don't really think in terms of "inclusion" or "diversity" in any case. I live in a world with people in it and that's reflected in my work. I think a lot of folks have defaulted to, "well, she likes girls now, so that's it for any hetero relationship." Not so.

I think this is a self-limiting view and, in fact, doesn't apply to bisexuals at all. BOTH these characters are established as having intimate long-term relationships with men in the past with which they were, presumably, happy. NOW, they are with each other.

Seen as some sort of symbol, and only that way, I suppose one would assume neither will ever be with a man again. I think that's too narrow.

I see them as people. Love is love.

Bisexuals are not limited to falling for their own gender or to the other one. All choices are on their table.

I am hetero so, I'm with the ladies.
    If I were gay I'd be with the boys.

Rachel and Betsy are BIsexual, not HOMOsexual. Seems to me, being bisexual means they can fall for anyone they think is worthy of that love. Which is how we got here.

Since comics are always in some sort of flux, it's doubtful that ANY relationship could be called permanent. Reed and Sue? Nope. Clark and Lois? Nope. So, I think Rachel and Betsy could have a long run but, should a great story come along that breaks them up, that would be allowed too. Just so long as it's emotionally "true."

Make sense?
    Thank you. It’s like with Iceman… they went all-in gay with him, when he’s really bisexual. He’s had several women in his life and back in the old days, his thought balloons reflected his love for women. I was worried Rachel and Betsy would get treated the same, but I now know they’re in good hands.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 05-04-2024 at 07:05 PM.

All-New Member

Hope you folks had a good New Comic Book Day! Made sure to go ahead and put this on pull while I was there; July can't get here soon enough.

So excited for To to be drawing the girls again now that they're together... and can't wait to see how he draws Surge since we haven't seen his iteration of her before that I know of?

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This is from the Homo Superior Podcast: Creator Crush
    X-FORCE

X-Force, in terms of description, is probably closest to Warren Ellis' Planetary. On the surface, it looks like a typical X-Force team, traditionally defined as the X-Men's kill squad. I'm kind of of the belief that the X-Men shouldn't have a kill squad, you know, for all that, our good guys go to Wolverine and say, "Hey, we need you to get a bunch of guys to, like, kill a bunch of people so our hands are clean and we could pretend to be moral while knowing about it and sanctioning it." That doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway, X-Force is centered around Forge. Forge has had a vision, and it's caused him to build something. The thing he's built predicts fracture points, moments and places in the world where a crisis is going to occur if something isn't done. Forge has assembled X-Force as the machine to deal with those crises. So the membership, who's in it, what they do, how they do it, is all built almost on an unconscious level because it's an outgrowth of Forge's maker power to put together the right elements to deal with the situation.

We'll also, fairly routinely in that book, have extra characters as guest stars and hangers-on in the way that Deadpool is in the first issue. But, you know, there's a larger thing going on. In that "Planetary" sense, not only are Forge and the X-Force characters getting involved in all these weird happenings around the world, but they begin to suss out the pattern behind them Da Vinci Code style. There's something bigger brewing behind all of that that we will slowly peel the onion layers back from and get to. But it's, you know, like, literally, they don't have headquarters. Their headquarters is a self-repairing Blackbird that they fly around on. They don't do wheels down unless something's going on. They're just on the go constantly.
    If this is accurate, I'm interested. I'm an old-school Planetary fan, and I'd much rather have a spiritual successor than something like Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    From another thread:

If this is accurate, I'm interested. I'm an old-school Planetary fan, and I'd much rather have a spiritual successor than something like Outsiders.
    If there's anybody who knows what he's talking about when it comes to this next era of the X, it would be Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    If there's anybody who knows what he's talking about when it comes to this next era of the X, it would be Tom.

Thank you for confirming. Nice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting that the bit about guest stars seems to kind of contradict the info we've gotten in this thread.
    I'd rather have a fixed roster (without Deadpool) than a revolving door of guest stars, though.
    Crossing my fingers that Bishop can join in the future.

All-New Member

Doesn't seem to contradict anything to me. We've been told there will be guest stars, Tom also says there will be guest stars, they just won't be, "Guest Star of the Week!" the way the original announcement implied.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Planetary hmmmm? I was wondering why Betsy's and Sage's costume looked familiar. They are very similar to Jakita Wagner's costume(black with red ribbing).