Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN was the first WW comic book I purchased as a kid. At the time I had no clue about the Crisis or any of that. My knowledge of the DCU at that point was strictly limited to my Kenner Super Powers figures and reruns of Super Friends and the Lynda Carter series on Saturday mornings (and afternoons). When my local stations stopped carrying those my dad introduced me to the comic books and my first WW comic was issue #3 of that mini-series. I enjoyed seeing Ms. Robbins when she would pop up on the extra features on the WW animated movie DVD and other things talking about WW. You could tell she really loved the character. May she Rest In Peace.
Thank you for sharing this memory!

My first connection with WW was also via my Kenner figure, Lynda and the Super Friends reruns, but by the time I got into comics we were solidly into Post-Crisis. Having no real understanding of continuity, I based all my purchases as a kid on whether or not I liked the cover, often if I felt Diana looked enough like Lynda Carter or the cartoons. I remember picking up all four issues of The Legend of Wonder Woman together and, at the time, feeling the tone of Robbins' art was 'too young' for me. Over the years that changed, and I came to admire the whimsy and beauty in it. It remains a curious artefact, published as it was in that little space between the end of the Pre-Crisis run and the start of Post-Crisis and Perez. It feels like so much of an homage or send-off to the Golden age in her style, and I think it was many many years before we saw a version of Diana that was as welcoming of yoing readers as Robbins' art made that mini. I'm glad it was eventually collected and reprinted as a soft cover, hopefully more folks might seek it out now.