Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What would you like to see in this?

Howabout....
    Snake eyes vs ravage

Stan bush the touch playing during the final battle scene.

After credits. Transformers tech is reverse engineered to create Mask vehicles. Disgruntled General "mayhem" Mayhew becomes a bad guy...
    I think IDW did something similar in their short-lived shared continuity of Hasbro properties.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    What would you like to see in this?

Howabout....
    Snake eyes vs ravage

Stan bush the touch playing during the final battle scene.

After credits. Transformers tech is reverse engineered to create Mask vehicles. Disgruntled General "mayhem" Mayhew becomes a bad guy...
    Snake-Eyes doing his routine ninja action, while the Autobots come to the rescue (LOL):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

Loved the INSANE Tom Scioli TF v. GJ comic.

An AFTER after-credits scene could have Megatron blasted through a dimensional vortex. He awakens to find himself surrounded by... MY LITTLE PONY characters (Evil dead II type ending with the ponies cheering and Megatron screaming)

Are the previous 2 GI Joe movies Canon in this shared universe? I hope not so they can use some of the dead Joe's.

Bumblebee and beasts are so far the canon movies with some here and there taken from bay films (but the bay films are not full canon in bumblebee series) like the fbi guy as bumblebee was a soft reboot and gijoe was at the end of beasts so don't think so plus less said about the second gijoe "lets kill everyone off right away after one movie" the better.

Mighty Member

Also want...cast of MEGAFORCE as senators, president etc

Hm, one mediocre film franchise (to me anyway, I know it's made a ton of money) combined with another mediocre franchise. Will it be chocolate and peanut butter or chocolate and pickles? I admit I've only read one GI Joe/Transformers teamup and it was silly, so maybe it's been done well elsewhere, but I don't think those two properties really go together - especially in a movie where we'll have how many characters to deal with on both sides? Good luck figuring that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hm, one mediocre film franchise (to me anyway, I know it's made a ton of money) combined with another mediocre franchise. Will it be chocolate and peanut butter or chocolate and pickles? I admit I've only read one GI Joe/Transformers teamup and it was silly, so maybe it's been done well elsewhere, but I don't think those two properties really go together - especially in a movie where we'll have how many characters to deal with on both sides? Good luck figuring that one out.
    You're basically just naming the human military characters from previous movies with another IP's characters.

And giving them an excuse to use better technology!

And I get what you're saying.

I'd rather see an actual Spike, the return of Charlie, or other Transformers humans.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Would love Larry Hama, Simon Furman, Tom Scioli and the various voice actors (plus others?) as background extras...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Are the previous 2 GI Joe movies Canon in this shared universe? I hope not so they can use some of the dead Joe's.
    I'd love a better cinematic version of Duke.
    I think if they keep the same Autobots from last movie, a small core cast of Joes, and maybe combine the Decepticons/Cobra (or just use the 'Cons) it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if they keep the same Autobots from last movie, a small core cast of Joes, and maybe combine the Decepticons/Cobra (or just use the 'Cons) it might work.
    I agree, but do we really want to see only a "small core cast" of Joes, Cobra, Autobots and Decepticons? How many of each will we be able to see with any significance? Even the GI Joe movies failed to take advantage of their large cast, sharing the screen with the Transformers is only going to sideline them even more. (and we know we'll likely see a lot of the same characters we've seen a bunch of times already ... like friggin' Bumblebee) But I guess we'll see. Maybe it can be done and perhaps the pressure of selling toys will incentivize them to make sure a wide range of characters get good screentime.

I agree, but do we really want to see only a "small core cast" of Joes, Cobra, Autobots and Decepticons? How many of each will we be able to see with any significance? Even the GI Joe movies failed to take advantage of their large cast, sharing the screen with the Transformers is only going to sideline them even more. (and we know we'll likely see a lot of the same characters we've seen a bunch of times already ... like friggin' Bumblebee) But I guess we'll see. Maybe it can be done and perhaps the pressure of selling toys will incentivize them to make sure a wide range of characters get good screentime.
    I think at most we might get 4-5 Joes (up to and including Noah) and they might totally forego Cobra to just have the Auobots and Joes team-up to fend off the Decepticons.

Kind of like how Rise of the Beasts was Autobots + Maximals vs Predacons.

They talked about Jazz and Elita-1 in the promo time for Beasts, they'd be good ones to swap in IMHO. Be nice to see some actual luteniants. I liked Beasts but Wheeljack was not very good IMHO, didn't come across as the mad engineer that makes crazy gizmos and dinobots to me.

Prime, Bee, Jazz, Elita, and someone like Preceptor as a scientist for a core 5. Could even use Jetfire as the science officer to help get his shine back a bit. Or take a real deep dive and grab a science officer like Rad, whom is pretty much a blank slate other than his one cool toy (but is canon a scientist in G1 and IIRC IDW).

Or if we want Bee gone, just do Prime and the Dinobots with the Joes. Save Bee for the Joe solo movie, lol.

I really do think a team of 5 Autobots with 5-8 Joes would be fine against an all Decepticon team. Movie could easily split them off at the end with Cobra emerging as the Joes were distracted by the Decepticon, so they came out of the shadows. It would be the easy out to explain why they won't team up for the solo movies of each franchise.

Prime, Jazz, Elita, Bee, and a scientist would work well with some Joes like Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Roadblock, Rip Cord, Cover Girl, and Noah as the Sonic trooper, not a Sonic trooper. Throw in Spirit, Raven, as greenhorns with Sonic, and then Storm Shadow taking Snake Eyes out to show Cobra is back/out/etc.

John Cena as Burns being a bridge would work better than Noah IMHO. Just don't retcon him into Duke.

I think they could work it.

Oh and let it be Megatron and he wins. But not some world ending plot. Yet.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-10-2024 at 10:54 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    John Cena as Burns being a bridge would work better than Noah IMHO. Just don't retcon him into Duke.
    I had that thought too, but best to give him a new codename. That could be fun - then bring in Josh Duhamel as Hawk without specifically mentioning the Bay movies and let people speculate.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I wish they'd develop some Autobots and Joes before throwing them together in a movie.