Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
This isn't "one's perception" that the current material isn't good - it's something that the majority has been voicing about very much (despite some people thinking they are "a loud minority"). Just look at the sales for USM compared to ASM - a spin-off title is outselling an ongoing flagship title, causing many reprints each of it's issues. Even the current issue of USM, which has no action in it at all, has outsold the last two issues of ASM (and that has happened with the previous issues as well, just a reminder).
This.

I mean, it's clear what the general consensus is. And sometimes people can disagree with it, and if you do it sucks. I've been on both sides. I love Hank Pym and want him to be a bigger chatacter. I love his characterization in Bendis' run and EMH. Most people feel differently, though. Most people watched the MCU where he is just a background character, or (in the case of comic fans) still think of the wife hitting thing and all the baggage from years ago. Tried changing people's minds in debates, but so far that hasn't rippled into anything.

Sometimes it happens.