Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hopefully a life that wont be disturb by his hero responsibilities.
    What fun would that be?

Astonishing Member

How does the title regain its mojo?

1) Toy box mentality banished to the woods and burned with fire. Characters are not toys. They are characters. The idea that a character can be put back in a box with its packaging intact is antithetical to the concept of storytelling.

2) Stories coming from a place of character first, plot second. Plot driven writing needs to take a seat waaaaaaaaaay in the back.

3) Stories driven by “but/therefore” instead of “and then.”

And that’s it. The mojo would be mostly back just with these three steps, IMO.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    How does the title regain its mojo?

1) Toy box mentality banished to the woods and burned with fire. Characters are not toys. They are characters. The idea that a character can be put back in a box with its packaging intact is antithetical to the concept of storytelling.

2) Stories coming from a place of character first, plot second. Plot driven writing needs to take a seat waaaaaaaaaay in the back.

3) Stories driven by “but/therefore” instead of “and then.”

And that’s it. The mojo would be mostly back just with these three steps, IMO.
    100%.

I can only speak for myself, obviously, but I've found that I can enjoy movies/shows/literature even if the plot is not the best as long as the character work is strong, because as long as they are, it's still fun to follow them through until a better plot comes along. I can never enjoy a story with illogical characters because there's nothing to latch onto. It just gets frustrating.

I hope the next writer starts with a kind if "bible" of back issues for themselves to remember who these characters are and who they aren't.
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.