Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is partially why I don't think the other Spiders really work in the context of Peter's narrative.

These characters were not designed/created to fit together like this.
    Lots of characters weren't originally designed to work together, though. The whole DC universe wasn't originally designed to work together.

But they're in the same universe now, and there's (very likely) no putting the genie back in the bottle now. So the question then is, what are writers gonna do about it?

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

IMO, just good story telling and good writing and no lazy writing and or tropes.

But Marvel Comics is a publishing company, that needs to sell, so they are continuing doing what currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    5. Address the fact there are now multiple Spider-People. I mean actually address it. What's Peter's opinion on so many people taking on his mantle? How does Jameson feel?
    We know how Jameson feels. He's actually a fan of Silk, but doesn't know she's his employee Cindy "Analog" Moon! He also now knows Peter is Spider-Man, and Peter is basically his step-brother (Aunt May, who is like a Mom to Peter, was married to his Dad, who later died), so he stopped seeing Spidey as a menace.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-27-2024 at 10:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lots of characters weren't originally designed to work together, though. The whole DC universe wasn't originally designed to work together.

But they're in the same universe now, and there's (very likely) no putting the genie back in the bottle now. So the question then is, what are writers gonna do about it?
    I get that, but it's like if the Batfamily were all introduced separately as their own thing rather than naturally springing out of the main Batman titles. It just wouldn't wok as well.

I don't think a genie needs to be put back in a bottle but I also don't think there really is a massive need to address it outside the fact that now Spider-Man media has to grapple with having to incorporate all these characters together (the Friendly Neighborhood cartoon looks like it just has Peter solo but that could very easily change).
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know how Jameson feels. He's actually a fan of Silk, but doesn't know she's his employee Cindy "Analog" Moon! He also now knows Peter is Spider-Man, and Peter is basically his step-brother (Aunt May, who is like a Mom to Peter, was married to his Dad, who later died), so he stopped seeing Spidey as a menace.
    Also I think Miles saved him in an event once...?

I get that, but it's like if the Batfamily were all introduced separately as their own thing rather than naturally springing out of the main Batman titles. It just wouldn't wok as well.

I don't think a genie needs to be put back in a bottle but I also don't think there really is a massive need to address it outside the fact that now Spider-Man media has to grapple with having to incorporate all these characters together (the Friendly Neighborhood cartoon looks like it just has Peter solo but that could very easily change).
    It doesn't really look like that since the supporting cast are made up of superheroes from other franchises. Nico Minoru from Runaways, Amadeus Cho from Hulk, Finesse from Avengers Academy. Wouldn't shock me if they become superheroes over the course of the show.

They just need to do a heavy, and I mean HEAVY PR campaign…

Paul
    Rabin
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It doesn't really look like that since the supporting cast are made up of superheroes from other franchises. Nico Minoru from Runaways, Amadeus Cho from Hulk, Finesse from Avengers Academy. Wouldn't shock me if they become superheroes over the course of the show.
    Which is the main reason I’m not interested. I would like for Spider-Man media to be about Spider-Man characters. Why is that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    They just need to do a heavy, and I mean HEAVY PR campaign…

Paul
    Rabin
    Sounds like the book has a PR problem.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I get that. Personally, I don't entirely buy Jameson being cool with Peter. That was by far the weakest part of Zdarsky's run for me. I think Jameson's reaction in Civil War was more in-line with who Jameson is than Zdarksy and Spencer did. And if Jameson ever forgets Peter's identity and starts hating Spider-Man again, not acknowledging Niles will become a problem again.

In any case, the problem goes beyond just Jameson.

I don't think a genie needs to be put back in a bottle but I also don't think there really is a massive need to address it outside the fact that now Spider-Man media has to grapple with having to incorporate all these characters together.
    That's what I mean.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 04-27-2024 at 04:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think most of the people who don't like the current run will be happy if there are well-told stories where Peter and MJ are back together.
    Personally don't care about having Peter and MJ together, I like romance, if it's not MJ, as long as Peter is with a girl who is entertaining, and bring something new and interesting to the book, I will love it.

But most of all, I want to read good Peter Parker stories, focus on Peter, getting him some wins, make the villains level up and Peter in turn looking how to face them, specially with many stories of him doing it alone, I want most of all to read the Amazing Spider-Man stories.

Where was Finesse confirmed?

Man, I am so tired of Spider-Man and Superhero teams.
    I get that. Personally, I don't entirely buy Jameson being cool with Peter. That was by far the weakest part of Zdarsky's run for me. I think Jameson's reaction in Civil War was more in-line with who Jameson is than Zdarksy and Spencer did. And if Jameson ever forgets Peter's identity and starts hating Spider-Man again, not acknowledging Niles will become a problem again.

In any case, the problem goes beyond just Jameson.
    Admittedly by Zdarsky's run Jameson had gone through even more than he had in Civil War and had arguably been humbled multiple times (lost the Bugle, lost his status as mayor, lost his dad, etc) so he was in a very different place.
    That's what I mean.
    And we've seen the struggle!

Peter has a job with a science & media context. No scheming/hating coworkers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Peter has a job with a science & media context. No scheming/hating coworkers.
    Works for me, though the more fundamental stuff about how his overall character and relationships have been and will be handled going forward definitely ought to be addressed as well, so big ups to Kaitou D. Kid for outlining some ideas and thoughts that could work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Where was Finesse confirmed?

Man, I am so tired of Spider-Man and Superhero teams.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...nimation-panel

(Back when it was still called "Freshman Year.")

As for what going on in the series, that's still under tight webs. However, writer and executive producer Trammell, did share who viewers will see in the series in addition to Peter. His roster of friends include Nico Minoru, Lonnie Lincoln, Amadeus Cho, Harry Osborn, Pearl Pangan, and Jean Foucault.
    Nico from Runaways. Cho from Hulk/Champions. Pearl is Wave. Jean Foucault is Finesse (her name is usually spelled "Jeanne Foucault"). (I don't need to say who Lonnie Lincoln and Harry Osborn are, right?)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...nimation-panel

(Back when it was still called "Freshman Year.")

Nico from Runaways. Cho from Hulk/Champions. Pearl is Wave. Jean Foucault is Finesse (her name is usually spelled "Jeanne Foucault"). (I don't need to say who Lonnie Lincoln and Harry Osborn are, right?)
    I guess this kind of highlights another issue with Spider-Man that there's just no...sense of grounding or normalcy anymore.

Peter barely has jobs, it's mostly Spider-Man this or Spider-Man that, he barely hangs out with non-powered people. Most of his close friends or acquaintances are getting powers or costumed identity. There's just nothing real about Spider-Man any more and that's infecting other media where he can't even hang out with normal people any more.

Also why would anyone want Lonnie Lincoln to be a teenager and pals with Peter Parker? Like, on what universe does that make any kind of sense ?