Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing 2024 Annual #1 Preview

Nightwing 2024 Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Travis Moore
    Artist: Travis Moore

...Why should we care about this?

I don't think Bea is high up on most peoples' favorite supporting characters list and suddenly she's getting her own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think Bea is high up on most peoples' favorite supporting characters list and suddenly she's getting her own story.
    It's a reflection of this run's lack of ambition. There's nothing left to say, there's nothing left to say about Melinda, nothing to Barbara. The "big" villain himself is nothing.

I'm fairly certain Travis Moore just wanted to flesh out the character be created. Plus, maybe DC wants to establish her as a stable part of Nightwing's supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    It's a reflection of this run's lack of ambition. There's nothing left to say, there's nothing left to say about Melinda, nothing to Barbara. The "big" villain himself is nothing.
    Uh, this annual isn't even by Taylor, which is probably why they aren't touching those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I'm fairly certain Travis Moore just wanted to flesh out the character be created. Plus, maybe DC wants to establish her as a stable part of Nightwing's supporting cast.
    That's totally fair, this just feels like a weird thing to make an annual out of.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I don't wanna get taken from the boards for saying something again but hopefully u won't be. But I will say I think that Bea getting a story is to fle a h her past given the recent Pitate arc but also she is a new Women of Color in Nightwing and DC want to use that. I mean she ok. Not that I cared for her Origin personally lol
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I don't wanna get taken from the boards for saying something again but hopefully u won't be. But I will say I think that Bea getting a story is to fle a h her past given the recent Pitate arc but also she is a new Women of Color in Nightwing and DC want to use that. I mean she ok. Not that I cared for her Origin personally lol
    No I get it, I said in the other thread I thought she would have gotten offed like Raya was if it wasn’t for optics, but instead they went with another bad trope

https://medium.com/@yomiadegoke/the-...d-48e1414e995c

So Bea isn't even her real name - neither Ric nor Bea knew each other's true self!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The pirate arc was the only one I didn't like so I'll be skipping this for sure.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    No I get it, I said in the other thread I thought she would have gotten offed like Raya was if it wasn’t for optics, but instead they went with another bad trope

https://medium.com/@yomiadegoke/the-...d-48e1414e995c
    It happens to all black love interest of the Batboys....Sasha, Zoanne, Tam........

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    It happens to all black love interest of the Batboys....Sasha, Zoanne, Tam........
    That’s why I’m think in the case of veterans like dick there isn’t a point for new love interests. I’d say he’s close to Cyclops and Batman consistency. Tim is a different case with his new orientation.

Mighty Member

I mean bernard has proven pretty unpopular though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim is a different case with his new orientation.
    I think even in his case Steph is still going to over shadow any new love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think even in his case Steph is still going to over shadow any new love interest.
    They certainly didn't do a lot to help him.

Mighty Member

They certainly didn't do a lot to help him.
    Giving a middle finger to Steph/timsteph certaintly didn't help.