Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can someone spoil what was the reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The general public know him more from the TV show and movie than any comics stuff, and he was very much bisexual and had relationships with both men and women on TV.
    I think he also appeared few times in DC's Pride anthology.

Well prior to this annual, Bea Bennett was my favorite love interest for RicDick. But they just HAD to make it about something other than the winning natural chemistry in the original telling. Oh well.

To be clear, I enjoyed the story and the callbacks to GRAYSON. I also love the idea of a new action femme of color. I just wish that the choice to ugly up her relationship with RicDick had not been such.

But I will definitely be on the lookout for more Bea! While some in the thread did not like any part of the Ric Grayson arc, I found Bea extremely compelling. More, I found the way she and RicDick connected to be the best, most authentic of all his relationships to day.

I am glad that woth this issues reveal, we also see that she is happy for Dick and is, herself, in a good space.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Here is a clue for the reveal on Bea:

Well, not the Man part

Here:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ever...wing-spoilers/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sometimes you just need a story to fill an annual .
    Sure but this isn’t gonna moove units
    So a Nightwing X story and it will get eyes
    Flash, Babs Damian Wonderwoman Starfire King shark
    Because it be fun for a one off adventure but this …..

Extraordinary Member

This annual felt like a Halle Berry direct to Netflix movie

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This annual felt like a Halle Berry direct to Netflix movie

I am only aware of the boxing one and that was great. Soooooooooo this reference confuses me unless Ihave misundersood your position on the annual.

Extraordinary Member

DC pride ever showcasesd a bisexual in heteronormative pairing ? Not to get too off track but aside from the clear marketing rebrand of it, I thought it was a mistake to give him label of the bat rather take the time to let him explore his feelings he may have just discovered or possibly repressed. He may not be bisexual he could be gay or pansexual which is Proably a better term for Constantine. I’ll stop here setting off the threads track

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I am only aware of the boxing one and that was great. Soooooooooo this reference confuses me unless Ihave misundersood your position on the annual.
    While I am not a fan of this direction of the mythos in Nightwing overall.
    Travis has fleshed out Bea, given her direction purpose and agency. She skilled dangerous and complicated. Giving her power has thus taken away any sympathy you could have for her as far the relationship goes but now she isn’t just token POC love intrest that she was during her initial debut. Now she action female ready for a thriller adventure film

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    While I am not a fan of this direction of the mythos in Nightwing overall.
    Travis has fleshed out Bea, given her direction purpose and agency. She skilled dangerous and complicated. Giving her power has thus taken away any sympathy you could have for her as far the relationship goes but now she isn’t just token POC love intrest that she was during her initial debut. Now she action female ready for a thriller adventure film
    The only thing missing, a personality. They can slap on all the accolades they want but her character still reads generic. And unless they are actually going to do anything with this reveal of what she did to Dick, what purpose does it serve. Brain damaged Ric got honey potted while he was brainwashed. Are Dick fans supposed to root for that in a favorable manner. I’d be interested in some sort of consequences or confrontation, but that doesn’t seem on the table as Bea is always presented above reproach. Honestly what I would really want to see now is Babs beat the crap out of her. I still remember their conversation.

Though can I just say I always said Bea was basically taking advantage of a dude with brain damage and she was skeezy, so in that regard this was rather satisfying.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-02-2024 at 03:05 AM.

If next creative team.is going to bring back Spyral then I guess it makes some sense. Otherwise it is rather confusing mess.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The only thing missing, a personality. They can slap on all the accolades they want but her character still reads generic. And unless they are actually going to do anything with this reveal of what she did to Dick, what purpose does it serve. Brain damaged Ric got honey potted while he was brainwashed. Are Dick fans supposed to root for that in a favorable manner. I’d be interested in some sort of consequences or confrontation, but that doesn’t seem on the table as Bea is always presented above reproach. Honestly what I would really want to see now is Babs beat the crap out of her. I still remember their conversation.

Though can I just say I always said Bea was basically taking advantage of a dude with brain damage and she was skeezy, so in that regard this was rather satisfying.
    Oh my god did DC write another women of color sexually taking advantage of Dick?

What a weird trend.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Like I said it would make a great film Netflix film, the actress would impart the personality. But for now she may be blank so anyone else is free to use her as they see fit. This book was basicly a pilot episode.

And no dick fans are not suppose to root for her, like I said any sympathy people had for her being broken up with is now absolved since she was using him.

I agree him dating anyone in that condition was wrong and gross. if it was a woman in his place the uproar

If next creative team.is going to bring back Spyral then I guess it makes some sense. Otherwise it is rather confusing mess.
    You guys think spyral will return? I'd love that.

Even though I like Grayson, it doesn't make any sense in canon when you see past things like Huntress' role in No Man's Land being referenced in Detective Comics recently.