Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

I personally dont know much about the Justice League but heres the line up: Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Batman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. I cant give individual feats due to my lack of knowledge but lets just say them and the viltrumite and alien line up I gave before at their maximum strength with the powers they had during their most incredible accomplishments.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool_9898 View Post
    I personally dont know much about the Justice League but heres the line up: Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Batman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. I cant give individual feats due to my lack of knowledge but lets just say them and the viltrumite and alien line up I gave before at their maximum strength with the powers they had during their most incredible accomplishments.
    flash wins this by himself. he can speed steal everyone else to the point where they are statues and then everyone else bats clean up.

All-New Member

So is the Flash capable of beating any super hero or villian in the DC and Marvel universe due to his speed?

So is the Flash capable of beating any super hero or villian in the DC and Marvel universe due to his speed?
    not everyone. but most everyone.

flash isn't just fast. he is RIDICULESSLY, INSANELY, STUPIDLY, LUDICRISLY FAST!

you would hard pressed to find any any character in any work of finish who even half as fast as either wally or barry.

in terms of speed, flash is to superman what superman is to batman. clark is bonkers fast himself but wally and barry are on their own levels of speed.

All-New Member

So both Flash and Viltrumites can travel faster than the speed of light. To travel faster than the speed of light requires infinite energy. Now you are already capable of possesing infinite energy; therefore, it doesnt matter how much faster you are then light due to infinite not mattering whether you can travel 3 times the speed of light or 130 million times the speed of light. It is still the same amount of energy; infinte. Basically no matter how much faster you are then the speed of light it doesnt mattere due to acheiving being faster then the speed of light takes infinte energy. I believe that 6 incredibly strong individuals are able to take down 1 incredibly strong individual because they all posses infint energy basically evening out the playing field and making it a 1 versus 6. What are your thoughts?

So both Flash and Viltrumites can travel faster than the speed of light. To travel faster than the speed of light requires infinite energy. Now you are already capable of possesing infinite energy; therefore, it doesnt matter how much faster you are then light due to infinite not mattering whether you can travel 3 times the speed of light or 130 million times the speed of light. It is still the same amount of energy; infinte. Basically no matter how much faster you are then the speed of light it doesnt mattere due to acheiving being faster then the speed of light takes infinte energy. I believe that 6 incredibly strong individuals are able to take down 1 incredibly strong individual because they all posses infint energy basically evening out the playing field and making it a 1 versus 6. What are your thoughts?
    ok. let me give the best example of how fast wally west is. this is one we all here know of but i can't find it anymore so i'll have to do it. ahem.

this one takes places in "the flash #163: heartbeat".

wally west, the third flash, is chilling at home with his new wife linda. they recieve a package of two clay doves from uncle toby. linda thinks they are tacky but agrees to send uncle toby a thank you note. wally and linda go upstairs for some loving. as they are going to bed, linda still is on about how wally's uncle toby sent them such a lame present. wally says he has no uncle toby. linda goes downstairs to investigate it. wally realizes that if it could be from a enemy and speeds downstairs and picks them up. he feels their molecules vibrate, meaning they are starting to explode. wally runs out of the house and tosses them into the nevada desert. he suddenly picks up a radio signal in his cowl and it's from a computer, saying it is targeting selected metahumans.

he follows the signal to a computer in kansas city. on the screen, it has the names of superman, batman, aquaman, green lantern and himself as targets for bombs. he wants to get the coordinates to the bombs but he is moving so fast, the screen is basically frozen. so he runs to silicone valley, borrows from computer gear, runs back to KC, and upgrades the computer to function at near lightspeed. he gets the coordinates and runs off.

first, he hits up metroplis where superman arrives on the scene of a bomb in the middle of the street where MPD are clearing the area. wally thinking that the bomb had kryptonite in it, picks it up and drops it off into an abandonned mine.

next, gotham city. he finds batman about to tackle what he thinks is scarecrow but really a dummy with a bomb in it. the timer for the bomb has reached zero and is about blow up. flash takes the bomb outside of the city where it can blow up harmlessly.

next, new york. he finds kyle trying to charge his GL ring but the lantern is a bomb too. so wally picks it up and chucks it into space via superspeed.

lastly, atlantis. he swims down at superspeed to find a nuclear torpedo fired at aquaman. on a single breath of air, wally vibrates the warhead loose and dismantles the nuke.

tracing the torpedo's launch path, wally finds the hideout of the man responsible for all this: the turtle. this was all his plan. not to kill the JL but to bring the flash here. he had created his own version of flash's treadmill and created a situation that only the flash could fix. his plan was thus: he would use the sheer speed that wally had to be moving in to power his machine to send him back into the past where he would use a diamond he stole to fund him life in the 1800s. he tells flash all of this via a transmission that only flash can see. as the machine is starting up, he says that he won't be able to stop him: if wally tried to pull him out of the machine at the speeds he was moving, he would probably kill him. but if he slowed down enough to pull him out of the machine without killing him, it wouldn't be fast enough to stop his machine from taking him into the past. so instead, wally just takes the diamond and lets the turtle go back into the past.

all that done, flash runs back home and relaxes with linda while all of the heroes who were targeted are clueless to what happened. save for superman. one of the cops says the bomb just vanished. and supes smiles and says ".....in a flash".

and all of this happened in less than half of a second in real time.

All-New Member

Alright so I think that if we abide by the laws of physics the viltrumites win but if we go by comic book standards then the flash would win. This is for the Flash versus the viltrumit scenario.

Alright so I think that if we abide by the laws of physics the viltrumites win but if we go by comic book standards then the flash would win. This is for the Flash versus the viltrumit scenario.
    a word of advice: don't go applying real world physics to this stuff. it won't make sense.

also, a quick read of the rules will benefit you in the long run. but in short: we go by high-end, consistent feats for characters. no PIS (plot induced stupidity) or no CIS (character induced stupidity).

as for the scenario: flash is infinitely faster than anyone on either side. so he will be doing stuff before either side think of doing anything. and as i've shown, flash can do a lot in that time.

All-New Member

Okay, thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a word of advice: don't go applying real world physics to this stuff. it won't make sense.

also, a quick read of the rules will benefit you in the long run. but in short: we go by high-end, consistent feats for characters. no PIS (plot induced stupidity) or no CIS (character induced stupidity).

as for the scenario: flash is infinitely faster than anyone on either side. so he will be doing stuff before either side think of doing anything. and as i've shown, flash can do a lot in that time.
    Just to correct one thing there:

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    Standard CBR fights do not exempt the contestants from CIS, unless the opening poster wishes it so.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just to correct one thing there:
    i stand corrected.

All good.

It’s the biggest difference between how PIS and CIS are treated.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Also worth noting that Rumbles differentiates between travel and reaction/fighting speed.

Mark may travel at speeds in excess of light, but doesn’t fight at that speed (ie, no ‘thousands of things done in 0.1 seconds or anything). He has some nebulous super speed capability, but that’s all.

…also worth noting that trying to shoehorn real world physics to any of this stuff is doomed to frustrated failure.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Mark's Omni Dad demonstrated some super speed in taking out the Guardians in the cartoon. But that wasn't anywhere near Supes' speed levels.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He also demonstrated some superspeed taking out Mark in the animation.

In the comics, we have stuff like 'Mark changes his clothing in a blink of an eye' or something like that, or 'moves boxes from one house and another as someone says a sentence.' I can't recall the exact stuff, but it's things like that.

NOT anything that's quantifiable as any significant fraction of lightspeed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate