Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I want something different, that breaks the mold of the Morrisson Magnificent 7, however, still a large and iconic team, capable of handling any threat. I'd go with just one of the Trinity as a regular member, with the other two just on call for emergencies. Let's see:

Superman (the team needs its biggest gun, plus this will allow us to give Batman a rest. I'd also love to include Diana, but I want to stick with only one of the Trinity)
    J'onn J'onzz (the moral and spiritual backbone of the League. Plus, one of its most powerful members)
    Green 'John Stewart' Lantern (the Lantern I feel works best with the League. I'd also pick him to lead the team)
    The Flash (Wally West. I still think he works much better than Barry)
    Mera (not only standing in for Aquaman, but I want to see her as the warrior woman of the League in Wonder Woman's place)
    The Atom (Ray Palmer. The biggest brain of the League, plus, also quite versatile in terms of power)
    Black Canary (the personal combat expert of the team)
    Dr. Light (Kymio Hoshi. Fire-power and another brain for the team)
    Hawkman (The savage Hawkman. I want to foccus on Hawkman's extensive experience in combat)
    Faith (power and new blood. There's a lot that can be explored about her past)
    Zatanna (the magic expert of the team)
    Plastic Man (a powerful comic relief)

Others would come and go as necessary.

Peace

Fantastic Member

I don't have specific characters as much as I have some criteria, not the boring original 7 (or the animated line up), more than just one woman (hopefully more than two) and not the mayonnaise league have some POC.

I want team that's similar to what they did on the JLU cartoon. A massive team to pull from for specific threats:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lanterns (Hal/John/Jessica/Guy/Kyle/Baz all rotating)
    Flash (Barry)
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Martian Manhunter
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Atom (Ray)
    Hawkgirl
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Firehawk
    Vixen
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo)
    Metamorpho
    Black Lightning
    Batwoman
    Booster Gold
    Blue Beetle (Ted)
    The Question (Vic)
    Captain Atom
    Elongated Man
    Creeper
    Rocket Red
    Fire
    Ice
    Mr Miracle
    Big Barda
    Captain Comet
    Element Woman
    Tasmanian Devil
    Red Tornado

They'd have the satellite HQ and the Hall of Justice. I'd also bring back the annual JLA/JSA team ups.

I would definitely like to see some new additions to the roster and not the same old “big 7” or the JL animated series lineup. And if a few of my favorite characters are included all the better

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Mr. Terrific
    GL - John Stewart
    Blue Beetle - Jaime Reyes
    Plastic Man
    Zatanna
    Vixen
    Mr. Miracle
    Barda

I’m sure the internet would have a meltdown because Batman is not included and there are too many POCs but whatever.

Yeah, I'm definitely not interested in a Big 7 or Satellite League retread. Or even leaning too hard into the Giffen era, my own personal favorite. Something with some characters from those but paired together in new ways, with some new additions.

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Vixen
    Booster Gold
    Captain Atom
    Black Canary
    Flash (Wally)
    Green Lantern (Jessica)
    Metamorpho
    Mr. Terrific
    Blue Devil
    Bumblebee
    Hawkgirl
    Nightshade
    Celsius
    Jason Blood

Gonna go with ten heroes, a mix of old and new, and nobody who’s on any current teams.

Superman (Clark)
    Wonder Woman (Diana)
    Green Arrow (Oliver)
    Green Lantern (Jessica)
    Flash (Avery)
    Blue Beetle (Jaime)
    Batman (Jace)
    Martian Manhunter
    Black Lightning
    Aquaman (Jackson)
    Mister Miracle (Scott)
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Batman
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Vixen
    Canary
    Zatanna
    Aquaman
    Flash

In an ideal world - they would launch multiple JL titles again and in that case:

Team 1:
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Vixen
    Martian Manhunter
    Midnighter
    Apollo
    Hawkwoman

Team 2:
    Superman
    Canary
    Green Arrow
    Zatanna
    Hawkman
    Plastic Man
    Black Lightning

Team 3:
    Batman
    Green Lantern (John)
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Doctor Light
    Big Barda
    Shazam

My fav era might've been the Satellite era so I went with a 12 person roster. I still want this team to feel like A-Listers in terms of power, even if a few aren't as prestigious. I didn't realize it at the time, but there are also a lot of big brains on this team. I definitely wanted this team to feel like who you'd call in when the world needs saving.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-29-2024 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I want something different, that breaks the mold of the Morrisson Magnificent 7, however, still a large and iconic team, capable of handling any threat. I'd go with just one of the Trinity as a regular member, with the other two just on call for emergencies. Let's see:

Superman (the team needs its biggest gun, plus this will allow us to give Batman a rest. I'd also love to include Diana, but I want to stick with only one of the Trinity)
    J'onn J'onzz (the moral and spiritual backbone of the League. Plus, one of its most powerful members)
    Green 'John Stewart' Lantern (the Lantern I feel works best with the League. I'd also pick him to lead the team)
    The Flash (Wally West. I still think he works much better than Barry)
    Mera (not only standing in for Aquaman, but I want to see her as the warrior woman of the League in Wonder Woman's place)
    The Atom (Ray Palmer. The biggest brain of the League, plus, also quite versatile in terms of power)
    Black Canary (the personal combat expert of the team)
    Dr. Light (Kymio Hoshi. Fire-power and another brain for the team)
    Hawkman (The savage Hawkman. I want to foccus on Hawkman's extensive experience in combat)
    Faith (power and new blood. There's a lot that can be explored about her past)
    Zatanna (the magic expert of the team)
    Plastic Man (a powerful comic relief)

Others would come and go as necessary.

Peace
    I don't know about Ray being the biggest brain on the team when Jonn and especially Kimiyo are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't know about Ray being the biggest brain on the team when Jonn and especially Kimiyo are there.
    Is J'onn considered a "big brain" in a scientific way?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

In my personal world the Justice League would be retired for good and a full grown Titans would be the primary team.

Batman (Dick Grayson)
    Donna Troy
    The Flash (Wally West)
    Arsenal
    Tempest
    Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    Cyborg
    Changeling
    Starfire
    Raven

Anyway I know this is impraticable and a new Justice League will come back soon.

My choice are:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    The Flash (Barry Allen)
    Aquaman
    Hawkman & Hawkgirl
    Martian Manhunter
    Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My fav era might've been the Satellite era so I went with a 12 person roster. I still want this team to feel like A-Listers in terms of power, even if a few aren't as prestigious. I didn't realize it at the time, but there are also a lot of big brains on this team. I definitely wanted this team to feel like who you'd call in when the world needs saving.
    This is such a wonderful team. I would love to read that book!!! Extra points for including Dr. Light. She is woefully overlooked.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Outside of a huge lineup like the JLU animated show which will always be my first choice I would go for a non-Big 7 team. I just think the whole Big 7 concept is tired as hell at this point. Some sure, but not all of them.

Wonder Woman
    Captain Atom
    Flash
    Green Lantern (Hal or Jessica rotating)
    Black Canary
    Green Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Metamorpho

At the same time the Martian Manhunter would be working with some of the younger heroes in a new Justice League Task Force book

Firestorm
    Vibe
    Skyrocket
    Ray
    Red Arrow
    Bulleteer
    Amethyst

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I'd go on trying to make Ray more the Hank Pym of the DCU. I know Mr. Terrific would be more the Reed Richards type, and Ted Kord is more of an engineer like Tony Stark, or maybe John Henry Irons can also fill in those shoes, however, I like the idea having a brain trust in the League. I agree, Kimiyo is VERY smart, however, I'd like to play that her personality shortcommings (and I LOVE the "witch" Kimiyo) prevent her from playing well with others and reach the hights she could have. I'd also like Hawkman to have total recall of his various past lives (many of them, off world), which would make him quite helpful in almost ANY field of science.

Peace

Anyone but Wonder Woman. You're not going to do anything interesting with her, so leave WW alone and search for another token woman characters to be butchered.