Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Triangle-era Superman is the definitive Superman for me. Metropolis felt real, the Planet felt real, Lois and Clark's relationship felt real. Superman could literally move mountains and tank H-bombs but he wasn't completely invincible. And it gave birth to the PAD Supergirl.

I’m a diehard Bronze Age Superman guy. That’s my favorite era & that’s my definitive Superman. However, I loved the triangle era. Honestly the entire period from 1986 -1993 had a tremendous energy. Just great stories. Great art. I was able to completely immerse myself in this new universe. The creators seemed confident in moving forward & made few poor moves. After Superman came back from the dead, I did feel like they were losing steam. Pursing period to me.

I sometimes wonder if lack of social media helped. It seems to highlight the negative points. Not just in comics but everything. I’d think it would be easier to create stories without so much fan feedback. Maybe they don’t pay attention. What do I know!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Triangle-era Superman is the definitive Superman for me. Metropolis felt real, the Planet felt real, Lois and Clark's relationship felt real. Superman could literally move mountains and tank H-bombs but he wasn't completely invincible. And it gave birth to the PAD Supergirl.
    Sadly, I really feel that remains the best Supergirl.

Amazing Member

Gave us great stories.
    The problem is that:
    -Need to follow and develop Byrneman, with a lesser mythos and roge gallery(I think Loeb/Kelly suffer that too)
    -90s vices slowly affected the character
    -too much status quo chances in a short time.
    Before Byrne , the character was on a identity crisis (not as bad as the 40s) after TE the books still worked

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Gave us great stories.
    The problem is that:
    -Need to follow and develop Byrneman, with a lesser mythos and roge gallery(I think Loeb/Kelly suffer that too)
    -90s vices slowly affected the character
    -too much status quo chances in a short time.
    Before Byrne , the character was on a identity crisis (not as bad as the 40s) after TE the books still worked
    What made the mythos lesser?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m doing a read through from the post Byrne years up to Zero Hour, and would love to discuss it with people who are fans of this era. Even some fans who didn’t like it as well.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Amazing Member

Post Crisis was when I became a serious never miss an issue collector. I loved Superman until Death of, it was usually the first book I read every week. Didn't care for that story, but I read and loved Funeral for a Friend. After that I checked out, but it was an Amazing run.

Spectacular Member out of control's Avatar

Waiting for the recently announced omnibus to start to read ''Triangle Era''. I read ''Superman Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow'' Deluxe by Alan Moore. I recently got the Superman: Man of Steel SHCs by John Byrne (and plan to read them soon) and i plan to read ''the Triangel Era'' Omnibuses aftar that once i get them. I am on the right track, right ???
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    Waiting for the recently announced omnibus to start to read ''Triangle Era''. I read ''Superman Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow'' Deluxe by Alan Moore. I recently got the Superman: Man of Steel SHCs by John Byrne (and plan to read them soon) and i plan to read ''the Triangel Era'' Omnibuses aftar that once i get them. I am on the right track, right ???
    The Exile Omnibus (reprinted this year) directly follows on from the Byrne run and continues/concludes that story. They'll then skip a year for the start of the Triangle Era book(s).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spectacular Member out of control's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The Exile Omnibus (reprinted this year) directly follows on from the Byrne run and continues/concludes that story. They'll then skip a year for the start of the Triangle Era book(s).
    Thanks alot, i also have The Exile Omnibus.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Love what I’ve read of this era (it’s so big I still haven’t even reached Death, though).
    What I like the most is the focus on world building and on the supporting cast. Metropolis felt like a real place, much more than in current comics.