4 25.00%
  • other

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Least favorite steps in your morning routine

Multiple choice poll coming.

What are some of your least favorite things you do every morning when you're getting ready to go to work?

I’m retired now, but before that, waking up and having to get sober was a real pain in the ass.

Even now, waking up still sucks. I have bad insomnia and PTSD related nightmares so when my eyes pop open (usually 2 or 3 in the morning), that’s it for the night!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

For the record I love my two little ones (3 year old Boy and 1 year old Girl) but its a draining job and there have been days where I miss the simpler times:

Wake up early
    Dress Them
    Feed Them (I'm literally following them with their food because they want to run around)
    Drive the 3 year old to school (at times having a debate with him on why he needs to go to school)
    Watch the 1 year old before work
    Start my shift.
    Take a quick break to pick up 3 year old from School and go back to work

This all happens before 12 pm.

Its not a thrilling life but trying to cherish these hectic times. I'm old enough to know the days drag but the years fly. Before I know it, I'll wake up, and they'll be grown up and wanting nothing to do with me.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-29-2024 at 03:30 PM.

Boisterously Confused

The need to get up at a specific time. Any system needs structure to get things done, but it would be nice if we could just agree to the essential times, and work around it.

Astonishing Member

Work. Used to be driving to work but I've been working from home for a number of years now.

Getting out of bed, which is a separate step to alarm/waking up. It's so warm and cosy I just don't want to get out from under the covers.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else?

I hate shaving. Not sure why - I've been doing it since I was 15 - but I hate it more and more as I get older.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

About the only thing I dislike about the morning routine is the drive to work. Because I start my workday early (6 am), it's full blown dark when I leave home, and I'm not a fan of driving in the dark, even worse on those occasions when I drive in the dark while it's raining.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    Getting out of bed, which is a separate step to alarm/waking up. It's so warm and cosy I just don't want to get out from under the covers.
    Yeah, same. Especially when I have to go to work instead of just hang at home relaxing.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Cooking and eating breakfast. I enjoy it once it is cooked and ready but for some reason I don't want to even eat in the morning. Have to force myself to do it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

FOr me I hate waking up. I dont sleep a lot at night to start with because I am up several times to help my dad. So my sleep is very broken. So when it comes time to get up I hate it.

Past that I really hate cooking and cleaning up after. I most of the time skip breakfast and make it for my dad. I dont mind because the man has to eat. But I would rather be drinking my coffee or working on my writing.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    FOr me I hate waking up. I dont sleep a lot at night to start with because I am up several times to help my dad. So my sleep is very broken. So when it comes time to get up I hate it.

Past that I really hate cooking and cleaning up after. I most of the time skip breakfast and make it for my dad. I dont mind because the man has to eat. But I would rather be drinking my coffee or working on my writing.
    Waking up at zero-dark-thirty is no big deal for me. After twenty years in the Navy, nearly half that time spent on ships where I was up and at 'em at all hours, my internal clock is crapola, still, I don't mind as I've always been an early riser, even as a kid.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Basically the train to work. It's become so unreliable. Sadly, the option here only seem to be for people who own a car. So American.

Today I did not mind waking up. I woke up at 230 to help my dad and just stayed awake. That works for me today as I have been working on my writing. A pot of coffee later and I am feeling pretty damn good today.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Today I did not mind waking up. I woke up at 230 to help my dad and just stayed awake. That works for me today as I have been working on my writing. A pot of coffee later and I am feeling pretty damn good today.
    I'm glad to hear it, and I for one hate waking up tired. That's one of the huge lies of video games 'Well Rested' my ass!