Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't know that WW would change much. Marston's design is still very much way ahead of us. Even now, people deny & despise of the union of Femininity and Dominant Force. More, Feminism is outright mischaracterized and vilified. Among a certain segment of fandom, the discussion of strength for female characters seems limited to x is strong enough to take y's d!@# but that is the end of it. Anything that disrupts the rape fantast thing is still despised. More, it appears that the pther components of the design are eithet outright feared as Morrison showed in Final Crisis or outright rejected (War is good and can only be good! I like to do it!!!).

So I think his design still executes the same and people would still be trying to resist it.
    You're right about certain people's attitudes towards feminism and capable female characters. However, there is a lot about Marston's stories that are seen as objectifying women or putting them in a box.

On a similar thread years ago some one suggested an answer for Superman that resonated with me.

Effectively the suggestion was that the biggest change would be to Superman's circle of friends, to decrease the number of non powered humans and increase the the number of other super heroes.

It went something like this "His girlfriend would be Wonder Woman, not Lois. His best friend would be Batman not Jimmy. His boss would be Alan Scott not Perry..."