Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's a loooot of speculation. Cable, who has lots of experience with them from the future, seemed quite certain the EMP grenade would do the trick. From my perspective, it would seem that the techno-organic virus basically rewrites their DNA so they can turn their biologics into technologics. I don't think they can easily be transcripted backwards, and any capability to regenerate/etc would be compromised by the EMP. But again, we'll just have to see how it turns out next week. I don't waste a lot of time speculating with this show, since they are just playing loose and fast and doing whatever they want, every episode. I just sit back and witness.
    It did do the trick. It stopped Trask. Cable never says it kills them. But we shall see.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member

I guess Cable's arm is somehow protected?

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    I guess Cable's arm is somehow protected?
    protected from what? Its not sentient and doing its own thing

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, Trask didn't get up. It's possible they are simply disabled. We'll just have to see next episode. But in real-world scenarios for EMP's from nukes or solar flares or whatever would suggest those magnitudes of energy would fry all unshielded(faraday caged) conductive materials. It remains to be seen the true extent of Magneto's in this story.
    It's a matter of degree though. EMP is basically a way to create voltage overloads without physically touching the objects in question. which means there's always the question of "how much?" It might not do any more than blowing a fuse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    protected from what? Its not sentient and doing its own thing
    Just wondering if since the T.O. virus was developed by Sinister, and the EMP affected the Prime Sentinels, also creations of Sinister via a T.O. virus, would his arm be affected. And the arm is not a separate being, but it is connected to Cable's brain or he wouldn't be able to use it. Besides, airplanes and heart monitors aren't sentient either, and those were likely disrupted as well. I'd imagine Warlock or the Phalanx would also have been disrupted.

It was an exciting episode right up to the end.

And I'm just...bored by the genocide.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Since we are actually talking about Sunspots mom....

I wanted to throw out that I thought it was interesting that Demayo decided to deviate from the comics with her. In the book she was actually pretty loving when Sunspot told her he was a mutant and she was just glad to have him back.
    Yeah he had to play up Sunspot's 'coming out' origin as opposed to his other comic book origin
    Last edited by BroHomo; 05-06-2024 at 02:41 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    anyone with a Pacemaker definitely died, also those in surgery, and there aren't enough heroes, Mutant or not, around the world that could keep up with the critically endangered plus the overall destruction the prime sentinels were making in pursuit of mutants, the only way I could see that being done with liminal destruction is if Magnus or even Storm had a few Telepaths to be their eyes so they could Attack in precision around the world or straight at the source, Bastion
    Everyone in airplanes at the time. Nuclear power facilities too I would imagine, as one was shown.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah he had to play up Sunspot's 'coming out' origin as opposed to his other comic book origin
    lol, He can talk about his other origin to Bishop, whenever he gets back…

Extraordinary Member

The one “when he’s playing soccer and transforms in front of everyone in the field” origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Everyone in airplanes at the time. Nuclear power facilities too I would imagine, as one was shown.
    hmm... sounds dangerous.... maybe create serious long term problems.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It did do the trick. It stopped Trask. Cable never says it kills them. But we shall see.
    It might end as a buying time situation, or waking up from the EMP might restore their original human minds, making many of them less likely to go back to chasing the X-men, because of being more preoccupied with being horrorfied at the situation they find themself in.

Such power plants normaly have a set diesel electric generators for the express purpose of keeping the cooling pumps going in case of an emergency.

However even with those in place and functional there are plenty of other issues the staff would have to face, most notable the loss of computer systems and radio communication.

The later would also quickly affect the population at large.

Telephones? Gone. Telegraphy? Gone. Radio? Gone. Television? Gone. Computers? Gone.

Either the loss of electricity or the destruction of vital components would essentialy create an information blackout that risk causing panic, chaos and confusion. Potentialy leading to worldwide collapse of governmental controll and social order.

Of course given this is a super hero universe with super technologies, it's possible the effect is going to be far more tamer.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-07-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Not quite everyone as airplanes have some protection against EMPs. It is a question of how powerful and a number of other variables.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not quite everyone as airplanes have some protection against EMPs. It is a question of how powerful and a number of other variables.
    True, I guess planes and non electric cars should be alright.
    However no control towers functioning for those planes. Not lights to land, in nighttime areas

True, I guess planes and non electric cars should be alright.
    However no control towers functioning for those planes. Not lights to land, in nighttime areas
    lack of tower and nav aids... would be catastrophic even if the planes don't just drop out of the sky.