Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    His primary focus was probably stoping the prime sentinels.

Val probably has more value alive to speak to the conspiracy to the extent there is ever a political reckoning. She would be able to testify and provide evidence of human governments aligning with Bastian.

Any collateral damage from the EMP attack (planes crashing, pace makers failing,etc) can be explained as a regretable but necessary evil given the complicity of world governments in Bastion's attack.
    I also think he just doesn't want to kill Cooper. She didn't know about Bastion's true goal and she sent him free.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not emotional at all. Your argument is devoid of logic. You are trying to argue that somehow this was tomfoolery by Roberto when he comes crashing through the window with killer robots about to shoot him.

So you still have some reflexive need to somehow blame him for his mother selling him out. On one hand you say the mother is trash. On the other you are trying to excuse her actions by allowing for the possibility that her selling him out is Roberto's fault. Despite there being absolutely nothing in the story to suggest she doesnt believe him.

The whole point of her looking over her shoulder from a narrative standpoint is to make it clear she is fully aware of what she is about to do in selling him out to protect her reputation.

And no his mom is not in on it with Bastion imo. The scene makes it pretty obvious she simply fears for her reputation more than she fears for her son. I would hope at some point she looks in the mirror and is horrified by her actions.
    Sigh... let's agree to disagree lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I also think he just doesn't want to kill Cooper. She didn't know about Bastion's true goal and she sent him free.
    This! It wouldn't take him a second to kill her and get on with it.

Val already regretted being a part of Bastion's plans. I guess Magneto thought that letting her live with her guilty conscience is a bigger punishment than simply killing her.

Wouldn't this also mean that Magneto is more merciful than Rogue?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Val already regretted being a part of Bastion's plans. I guess Magneto thought that letting her live with her guilty conscience is a bigger punishment than simply killing her.

Agreed, he knows how a guilty conscience can be a lot worse than death, he is emotionally drained, Val at the very least asked to be forgiven and freed him and Magneto, while annoyed by her criticisms on the first chapters, respected her as a representative of the UN until Genosha and both of them know Bastion is a menace to mutant and humans so the priority is to stop him.

I also liked her monologue about them taking their old roles once again, being left at the mercy of Bastion and Mr Sinister is not merciful but Val seems to think "I made my bed and itīs time to laid on it"
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-03-2024 at 02:05 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Wouldn't this also mean that Magneto is more merciful than Rogue?
    Well, considering how many people probably died because of the EMP...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, considering how many people probably died because of the EMP...
    Rogue was after those who were responsible, Magneto hit everybody. Not that I blame him considering sleeper sentinels were everywhere... it's truly a loose, loose situation that probably won't stop the sentinels from rebooting leaving only unsuspecting dead humans.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

From the number of prime sentinels activating all over the world on all continents, getting ready to capture or kill mutants all over the globe, Magneto could not stop them just fighting them one by one like the X-men were doing, soon he would have been defeated in numbers like them and taken in custody again, so he decided to end it in one move that could take them out of the fight. Acording to Cable, only that way they could be taken down, thatīs how he defeated Trask and he didnīt get up again so I expect the EMP to keep those other prime sentinels down.

We donīt know if Prime sentinels can still be made human but some of their programing can be changed so their human mind can recuperate, Xavier and Magneto did this with Karima Shapandar in the comics but this only can be done one by one. No time to do that on a global scale.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-03-2024 at 03:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Rogue was after those who were responsible, Magneto hit everybody. Not that I blame him considering sleeper sentinels were everywhere... it's truly a loose, loose situation that probably won't stop the sentinels from rebooting leaving only unsuspecting dead humans.
    anyone with a Pacemaker definitely died, also those in surgery, and there aren't enough heroes, Mutant or not, around the world that could keep up with the critically endangered plus the overall destruction the prime sentinels were making in pursuit of mutants, the only way I could see that being done with liminal destruction is if Magnus or even Storm had a few Telepaths to be their eyes so they could Attack in precision around the world or straight at the source, Bastion
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    anyone with a Pacemaker definitely died, also those in surgery, and there aren't enough heroes, Mutant or not, around the world that could keep up with the critically endangered plus the overall destruction the prime sentinels were making in pursuit of mutants, the only way I could see that being done with liminal destruction is if Magnus or even Storm had a few Telepaths to be their eyes so they could Attack in precision around the world or straight at the source, Bastion
    Yeah it's a horrible situation anyway you swing it, that's why I think Bastion wanted him to escape and left Val with him despite not being surprised by her betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Yeah it's a horrible situation anyway you swing it, that's why I think Bastion wanted him to escape and left Val with him despite not being surprised by her betrayal.

oh of course, he needs a scapegoat in order to mask his heinous plot, Mutants gained lots of "Compassion" or at least silver pity from the Genosha attack, Bastion can't just send out a legion of Hybrid sentinels to scoop up mutants, to kill or force them to work without massive blowback from the public, so like any weaver of stories (may they be true or not), the storyteller always needs a devil to sell, someone to point the finger at, and most importantly that polarizing light that makes bastions Horns look like a Halo,

sooner rather than later, much so before Magneto has had his fill for revenge, bastion is gonna offer an extreme solution to solve an extreme problem, and people will be too blind with fear and zeal to see the absolute lack of morality, and if they do, they'll end up like Val
    "Goddess be Praised"

Fantastic Member

What type of being Sinister is considered to be at this point that he could still be allowed to work with the anti-mutant faction so freely? With all the genetic tinkering he's done to himself he's got to be the farthest thing from human, not to mention all that mutant DNA he's probably integrated into himself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto in the movies did tackle the "crazy scientist" silver age Magneto facet but mixed it with Claremontīs backstory about the holocaust and the result was that the character didnīt made sense, someone who was experimented on himself, would not act like Magneto did on X-men 01.
    I mean, Magneto's story is as old as time. A cycle of abuse, becoming precisely what you hate. I would say Magneto being subjected to such experiments could easily lead him to doing the same to others just as his experience in the Holocaust has led him to genocidal anger and supremacist opinions.

Trauma responses don't tend to be logical.

There's an anger and a demon in Magneto which he has to fight very hard to keep at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    What type of being Sinister is considered to be at this point that he could still be allowed to work with the anti-mutant faction so freely? With all the genetic tinkering he's done to himself he's got to be the farthest thing from human, not to mention all that mutant DNA he's probably integrated into himself.

Because like real life you'll always find a traitor who cuts dig deeper than any outside foe could manage, sinister is one of the handfuls of mutants who is arguably worse than any anti-mutant human or hybrid like Bastion, he's a self-preserving coward who aligns himself with people with egos even bigger than his own, so, in the end, he'll always have the last laugh, i mean the dude seemed flattered when compared to a nazi by Val

he has well crossed the bounds of what makes a "person" long ago, Bastion and Cable are more whole than that freak of nature

and whether the Anti Mutant Cabal dislikes him or not, Sinister is one of the most brilliant minds ever produced so they can tolerate him only because of his twisted brilliance, kinda like forge with the U.S government, there tolerated because they yield great use, just as Trask said before getting dropped like a hot pocket
    "Goddess be Praised"