Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

He seems to have a nostalgia boner for the 90s stuff every other X-Men fan I knows hates. But hey, he's doing them better than they were done in the comics, so more power to him I guess. Maybe he'll make people like Onslaught this time around.

Astonishing Member

So if Cooper wasn't Mystique, what are the chances the Marrow seen during the attack on Genosha was actualy her?

For example:
    First she abducts the original shortly before the first episode, explaining the "missing" poster.
    Then she assumes her identity to sneaks into the Hellfire Gala where she has a meeting with what seems to be Cortez. Perhaps to seed discort among the Acolytes.
    Finaly when the Sentinels attack she runs to Banshee and tells him she knows who is behind the attack and how to stop it, but he has to get her to safety first. Hence why he would be carrying her around. Only it goes sideway.

Perhaps as an elaborate way to introduce Destiny as major villain for season 2, where she tries to avenge Raven and turn Rogue to her side.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wanna see the Prime Sentinels wake up and realize they're now cybernetic Humans and try to do something with that. Like: "so what can I do with this Prime Sentinel tech now that Bastion isn't controlling me?"
    For anyone who got "volunteered" to become primes it's likely going to be quite a horrorfying moment. Then again, there is some irony in that it might not be that different from waking up with a body radically altered by X-gene mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which yeah... shades of Homo Novissima.(or however that's spelled)
    If memory serves the Homo Novissima aka. "Post Human"s (easier to write) were explicitly not based on cybernetics and Sentinel based technology though, but genetic engineering around the super powers of biological origins in the Marvel Universe.

Essentialy their ancestors cracked the secret to create, apply and fine tune any kind of super power the human body could have. Kind of like being able to combine every wacky experiment that had in the past created super powered "mutates" like Spiderman, Hulk, Lizard, Moltekn Man, etc. but being able to pick which powers one wants and then creating a "best of" that everyone can have by defeault.

Which meant all the benefit of the super powers like those the X-gene could grant, but without the randomness involved and no need for invasive machinery in the body.

Hence why they defeated mutants and made sentinels as protectors or oppressors* obsolote, while also causing normal humans to eventualy be extinct (ironicaly making mutants the last vestige of "natural" humans)

*Sentinels usualy turn on normal humans because of the cold logic that if mutants are born from normal humans, they can't be allowed to reproduce anymore. If the post humans remove that possibility Sentinels no longer have a reason to turn on them and stick to their default objectives.

The Librarian even remarked how sentinels were just "buying time" until the conflict between unpowered and X-gene powered mutants would cause their creation.

Considering how the creation of chimeras falls into the same kind of path, there is even the possibility that the original intetion for Moria X's or Xavier's master plan was never to prevent the creation of the Post Humans, but to turn mutants into them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So if Cooper wasn't Mystique, what are the chances the Marrow seen during the attack on Genosha was actualy her?
    Zero. I dont think Mystique will appear this season

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Zero. I dont think Mystique will appear this season
    Let's settle at 0.01%.

It's just a crackpot theory anyway, to cover all bases in case the creators try a "nobody saw it comming but we hid a clever hint in episode *insert number*" kind of reveal.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveGorn View Post
    Well, it seems he was not a nazi in this continuity. And if he invented the T-O virus (although this moment is unclear), then he provided the future utopia for humanity.
    Not being a Nazi isn't a very high bar. And whatever Sinister's ultimate motivations (utopia seems more a side effect than a goal), he's still gleefully committed atrocities. Is a "utopia" built on genocide and slavery worth creating?

Great episode, the creators went hard on the allegories and I liked it a lot.

To Wolverine fans he finally got a moment it was a short one, but he fighting along side Kurt was one of the coolest fighting scenes in western animation I've seen.

Bastion's monologue was great, really evil masked with rationality and incredibly timely.

Loved the cameos, never much cared for Silver Samurai, but Spider-Man was great to see, and while I know very little about Omega Red, he is one of the coolest looking villains Marvel have.

Sunspot flying isn't my favorite thing, I prefer him jumping like the Hulk, but him rescuing Jubelee right after her flying joke was funny.

Val Cooper does comes off of this episode looking good in my eyes, yes she was part of the evil cabal, but her final monologue and her freeing Magneto kind of started to make up for that.

Storm's absence I think is just DeMayo saving her for the big moment when she will come to save the day by some amazingly cool feat of power, they didn't spend 2 episodes showing her coming with terms with her powers just to have her trowing lightning at Bastion in the end.

The Summers team-up was very well done and Jean pointing out Scott's tendency to destroy Blacbakbirds made laugh.

Magneto's final move was amazing, but I do feel is not completely outside Bastion's plans. You see, he can't just wipe out mutants, the release of Professor X video was to win the hearts and minds of those who become sympathetic to mutants since his fake death, so having Magneto going to war against humans is most likely part of his plan to eliminate any possibility of peace. He destroy the reputation of the guy who would seek peace and makes sure the guy who will want a fight starts one. He had Magneto under his power for some time, he could easily have left some kill trigger in him.

My only complain, is that the first scene Roberto was in, he was white as a paper.

This season seems perfectly set up to introduce Apocalypse and his horseman as the equal and opposite reaction to Bastion with season 2 perhaps focused on trying to prevent Age of Apocalypse from happening.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-01-2024 at 10:06 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Beast gets to meet Trish and it turns out she was so anit-mutants she allowed herself to be turned into a prime sentinel. Unless they are abducting people for the process, which of course they don't have to. She was just a random reporter who approached the X-men. She was nothing before she was turned. Beast also doesnt' see this coming at all and gets knocked out.
    That was a thing in the comics too. Bastion treated people like raw materials to manufacture Sentinels.

Too many episodes without Storm already.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    From last episode it seemed like the prime sentinels would be like TWD zombies, activated upon death but as we got the backstory the programmig can activate before death. In the books it was largely non-reversible. Once one is turned, its either kill or be killed. The X-men werent in a position to try and neutralize them when they had dozens rying to kill them and just one is very effective at taking them out. They had no choice but to destroy the prime sentinels by any means necessary
    Or perhaps that's just what Bastion wants them to think.... it got weird a few times in the comics...

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Not being a Nazi isn't a very high bar. And whatever Sinister's ultimate motivations (utopia seems more a side effect than a goal), he's still gleefully committed atrocities. Is a "utopia" built on genocide and slavery worth creating?
    Don't disagree, but it is still a little change for the better for Essex.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Nah, he was a Nazi. Just because he believed otherwise doesn't make it true. If you hang out with Nazis, work alongside Nazis, and experiment on human beings with Nazis, then yes, you're a Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctic View Post
    Bastion is grabbing a supressor collar when he chained her... I am not sold she is not Mystique or other mutant.
    I think he was just holding the one that came off Magneto, kind of like "look what you did".

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Nah, he was a Nazi. Just because he believed otherwise doesn't make it true. If you hang out with Nazis, work alongside Nazis, and experiment on human beings with Nazis, then yes, you're a Nazi.
    I think Sinister simply has his own idea of eugenics different than that of the Nazis'.