Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveGorn View Post
    Don't disagree, but it is still a little change for the better for Essex.
    Enh... serial killers are still serial killers... actually this means he owns ALL of his evil since he didn't actually have the Party telling him to do it.

Sinister has got too much of a God complex to follow Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    So, is Val Mystique or not? It was the perfect moment for a reveal, but it didn't happen.
    I'm not so sure about that. It would have taken away from the Magneto was Right! moment as everyone would be talking about Mystique (though she is trending anyway as people are kinda shook that Val doesn't appear to be her).

So was Dr. Cooper's interest in Rogue becoming Queen of Genosha in Ep 5 a deliberate red herring? Or is the reveal yet to happen?

Speaking of Raven, lowkey bummed the Resurrected Graydon Creed is Bastion's human aspect theory didn't turn out to be true. That would have been a neat way of bringing in Graydon, who was a significant part of the OZT storyline and also because the show is way more invested in the Rogue/Kurt sibling relationship than the comics have been for decades.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-01-2024 at 11:08 AM.

It would be weird for her to be Mystique. She's been around so many telepaths, and the sentinels on Genosha didn't touch her.

I'm surprised they gave Bastion a kinda sympathetic backstory. When he asked his mom if he'll ever be normal I would have thought he's a mutant if I didn't know he was Bastion. He and many mutants have the same point of origin perhaps not biologically but socially. Feeling like an outcast compared to what they perceive as "normal" people. At the end he seems to have embraced his machine side more than his human side. When Val accused him of being a monster he agreed and simply said he was born that way.

That scene where Magneto goes to the North Pole and unleashes the worldwide EMP is straight out the 1998/1999 "Magneto War" storyline. Specifically, X-Men vol 2 #87, dated March 1999.Story by Alan Davis and Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Alan Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It would be weird for her to be Mystique. She's been around so many telepaths, and the sentinels on Genosha didn't touch her.
    TBF the only telepaths we've seen her interact with were Maddie, who didn't like reading people's minds if they didn't present an immediate threat or were withholding any secrets (like her refusal to read Magneto to verify his claims) and Emma, who even if she read her mind would stay quiet about it and use the information as leverage for her own purposes.

As for the Genosha bit, the one scene where they showed her during the attack, she seemed to be at a distance from where the Wild Sentinel was located, and she had managed to find a safe hiding spot that she was ushering other mutants into. It's possible Bastion tipped her off to be at this location without telling her what was actually going to happen.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-01-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Its canon that telepaths have a hard time reading Mystique bc of the shift in brain activity that happens with her shapeshifting. Unless a telepath is actually trying to scan her mind, they arent likely to just pick up that there is something off with her. In the original comic story, she was able to fool Shadow King bc she was hypnotized into believing she was Val

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I'm surprised they gave Bastion a kinda sympathetic backstory. When he asked his mom if he'll ever be normal I would have thought he's a mutant if I didn't know he was Bastion. He and many mutants have the same point of origin perhaps not biologically but socially. Feeling like an outcast compared to what they perceive as "normal" people. At the end he seems to have embraced his machine side more than his human side. When Val accused him of being a monster he agreed and simply said he was born that way.
    Yes and that was the tricky part of his backstory. What I interpreted it as was that when he roughly hit puberty his powers awakened. With them also came the knowledge from the future. More or less overriding his personality like Omega Sentinel has been handled in Krakoa. Or how Prime sentinels were back in OZT. So Sebastian/Sebastion more or less was replaced with Bastion. He might have his memories but he behaves more like a machine. It didnt' feel like he had much of a choice, that he would just ignore his "destiny" and settle in for a happy life of selling shoes or something similair. I don't believe this transformation was instant but it certainly seems to have been made against his will, such as it was. Just like his prime sentinels. They might have agreed or had feeligns but once the change came it didnt' matter anymore, they are different people now, masquerading as their old selves.

Bastion controlled the Sentinels on Genosha. He could simply choose for them not to target "Valerie" and blow her cover. Of course, this would require Bastion to know that she's a mutant, which would mean that they were in cahoots and he's using Mystique for now. (She's still a powerful political asset as it stands.) Or it would mean that Mystique thinks she's fooling him by going undercover, but Bastion already figured it out.

I don't think Valerie is Mystique, personally. But I would love it if they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its canon that telepaths have a hard time reading Mystique bc of the shift in brain activity that happens with her shapeshifting. Unless a telepath is actually trying to scan her mind, they arent likely to just pick up that there is something off with her. In the original comic story, she was able to fool Shadow King bc she was hypnotized into believing she was Val
    To back this - in Mystique's solo in the early 2000s, Xavier flat out tells Forge his telepathic abilities are useless in locating her, so he has to use other people who may have seen her. He also states to her that he can't read her thoughts or control her actions, but can do very simple communication at short range.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Her powers really went off the rails in that solo of hers

I don’t know, I guess they could still reveal her to be Mystique, but I think it makes more sense narratively for Val to just be Val.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    To back this - in Mystique's solo in the early 2000s, Xavier flat out tells Forge his telepathic abilities are useless in locating her, so he has to use other people who may have seen her. He also states to her that he can't read her thoughts or control her actions, but can do very simple communication at short range.
    I thought Xavier said that he could do it but it would be difficult and it couldn't be done without her realizing it? I could be wrong its been awhile since I read that.

Either way at this point I think it would be out of character for Val to be Mystique from the last spot the X-Men Animated show left her. I also don't really see her telling Magneto he was right...I mean she already sided with him before on the show so she knew that...
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-01-2024 at 12:24 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think her absence was mostly just to make the big "to me my X-men" cliffhanger make more sense. I would have been a lot more interesting and dramatic if we saw Iceman (and Angel if he's alive) too.
    Beau confirmed Warren is alive on Twitter some time ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    William Stryker. Enough said.
    When did he appear?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    When did he appear?
    he was a reverend on background tv
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.