Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I cannot speak for every Polaris fan but Lorna has outgrown XFACTOR and it is time for her to be treated as the powerhouse that she is. So she belongs in the flagship title.

Archangel
    Iceman
    Banshee
    Sunfire
    Changeling
    Dazzler
    Dr. Cecilia Reyes
    Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Another random team of faves:

Lightbright
    Windshear
    Transfaser
    Pathway & Goblyn
    Derrick Beacon
    Nekra
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I cannot speak for every Polaris fan but Lorna has outgrown XFACTOR and it is time for her to be treated as the powerhouse that she is. So she belongs in the flagship title.
    Well unfortunately she's not in one of the flagship titles. Unless she ends up joining one of the them at a later date. I could maybe see her joining X-Men since it will also feature Magneto but she'd also be redundant there. I don't think she'd fit very well in Uncanny with what Gail has planned but you never know. Anyway, I'd rather her be in X-Factor again, hopefully leading, than to linger in comic book limbo once again. And of course this is all assuming that she doesn't die in Fall of X. There are a lot of mutants unaccounted for from the previews we've seen of the new era. There's nothing to say that they don't die during FoX. And I'm pretty sure the whole resurrection thing is going away for good afterwards too. My real fear for Lorna is that they are going to make her a full blown mutant terrorist following the events of FoX. Having her lead her own heroic team is a much better alternative to that if you ask me.

I'll do one.

Sunspot
    Wolfsbane
    Lifeguard
    Warren
    Dani
    Bobby
    Dazzler
    Elixir

This would be my DREAM

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I could maybe see her joining X-Men since it will also feature Magneto but she'd also be redundant there.
    The concept of characters being "redundant" is always an absurd one. I understand why people think it, but it's absurd. They're two different characters, meaning they have different personalities and backgrounds, can approach situations differently, and even use their powers in different ways. I've mentioned how it's common for multiple characters with super strength or invulnerability to be on the same team, but it's also worth noting that electromagnetic manipulation has a LOT more potential applications than those examples. Recent research has shown magnets can be used in pseudo-psychic ways (affecting memory, transmitting rudimentary images/thoughts, etc). The internet involves electromagnetic waves, as does broadcasting in general. Those are just a couple applications besides "smashy smashy cars" or "turn metal into bullets."

The idea that Lorna and Magneto are redundant to each other is pretty much a problem of lack of imagination, not of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    My real fear for Lorna is that they are going to make her a full blown mutant terrorist following the events of FoX. Having her lead her own heroic team is a much better alternative to that if you ask me.
    Repeating my earlier comments here. Lorna started out struggling between Xavier and Magneto philosophies. The scenario has become more complex than back then, allowing more room for Lorna to be more complex same as Magneto became more complex. A respectful approach to Lorna would be one that allows for and explores that complexity, which does include the possibility of her being labeled a "terrorist" by people that don't like her making waves and taking strong actions when necessary. Lorna going the route of a purely "heroic" team would be a mistake as it would lack the complexity she needs and deserves.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The concept of characters being "redundant" is always an absurd one. I understand why people think it, but it's absurd. They're two different characters, meaning they have different personalities and backgrounds, can approach situations differently, and even use their powers in different ways. I've mentioned how it's common for multiple characters with super strength or invulnerability to be on the same team, but it's also worth noting that electromagnetic manipulation has a LOT more potential applications than those examples. Recent research has shown magnets can be used in pseudo-psychic ways (affecting memory, transmitting rudimentary images/thoughts, etc). The internet involves electromagnetic waves, as does broadcasting in general. Those are just a couple applications besides "smashy smashy cars" or "turn metal into bullets."

The idea that Lorna and Magneto are redundant to each other is pretty much a problem of lack of imagination, not of possibilities.

Repeating my earlier comments here. Lorna started out struggling between Xavier and Magneto philosophies. The scenario has become more complex than back then, allowing more room for Lorna to be more complex same as Magneto became more complex. A respectful approach to Lorna would be one that allows for and explores that complexity, which does include the possibility of her being labeled a "terrorist" by people that don't like her making waves and taking strong actions when necessary. Lorna going the route of a purely "heroic" team would be a mistake as it would lack the complexity she needs and deserves.

Well said! We will never get certain overlooked characters like Polaris to ever grow if we have writers/editors go into the nostalgia frame of thinking.
    Here’s an idea I would like to see:
    What if we had a senior X-Men team (ala Justice League). Which would have the Og 5, Polaris, Havok and the 1975 team. All together these characters would be the heavy hitters and would overlook the other teams. While it may copy DC’s JLA or maybe the Avengers, this idea could be a fresh take. IDK, just brain storming.

Not necessarily my dream, but I was rereading some recent books and wondered if the new X-Factor team might be the continued adventures of The Five

Astonishing Member

I don't have a dream X-Factor lineup so I'll just post the pitched lineup I wish would have happened

Astonishing Member

linked to the Limbo Embassy so we can have
    Val Cooper as the Liason/ambassador

the Team itself
    Alex (Havok), Maddy (Thee Goblin Queen), Lucas (Bishop), Warren (Archangel), Lorna (Polaris), Roberto (Sunspot), Rahne (Wolfsbane) and maybe Pietro (Quicksilver) on a recurring basis and a random Random appearance.

An ode to the first two versions of the team the O5 and PAD original version. A team sanctioned by the government to help handle the mutant issue, rescuing and granting asylum to at risk mutants but also helping to confront problematic ones a merging of the two original team's mission statements. This team can work well in space storylines (Alex and Lorna were great in War of Kings), magical storylines, (Queen of Limbo hello), have very strong ties to Sinister, Apoc, Magneto, Cable and Stryfe. The team has enough name recognition (upper tier X-characters) that with a good writer, Zeb Wells please, the book could be a breakout hit.

was reading some other team lineups and IF Alpha Flight isn't going to be done for a while I would have no problem with Aurora and Sasquatch on the team too but I do love them on Alpha Flight, maybe they can be frenemy teams since they are both government backed.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 05-03-2024 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    (...) He’d be the Iron Man to JP’s Captain America. Running his own company and helping fund the whole operation.
    Ohh. :O
    Yes, now I can see. They have very different personalities, despite having the same (rich) background, and they would definitely clash. Their stint together in X-Men was brief as far as I recall. But there's potential.

I'm just not sure poor Warren could live being in the same room with Monet and Paul: he would beg Apoccy to free him. *lol*
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    This is cool , I'd add wind dancer or wallflower
    Okay

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im still partial to the 90s Goverment team

Havok,Polaris,Multiple Man,Strong guy, Wolfsbane,and later 90s with Forge
    X-Men Forever