Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Polaris
    Synch
    Frenzy
    Iceman
    Dust
    Monet
    Sunspot

I like the structural idea of X-Factor Investigations. One "fan favorite" like Madrox, two old friends of said "fan favorite", and a bunch of characters who never fully got off the ground.

Synch (leader; formerly X-Men and Generation X)
    Chamber
    Blink
    Third Eye
    Risque
    Neal Shaara
    Boom Boom
    Mercury
    Last edited by shugahfree; 05-02-2024 at 09:06 AM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Polaris
    Iceman
    Frenzy
    Jamie
    Guido
    My flag is bacon.

I'd like to see it mirror the original X-Factor with Moonstar, Karma, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, and Sunspot reaching out and protecting young mutants in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I'd like to see it mirror the original X-Factor with Moonstar, Karma, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, and Sunspot reaching out and protecting young mutants in trouble.
    I like that as a reason for a team but if that were the group I'd want it to be called the New Mutants. I think it'd be a natural progression for them after Krakoa. I'd also add Magma and Warpath to the group. Have them continue on their mentoring of younger mutants that they were doing on Krakoa but now also finding and protecting them firstoff.

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Rogue
    Storm
    Beast
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    Jean Grey
    Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I don't want her forced onto the team. I want her to take charge and lead it like she has in the past. Even if I got my wish and Havok was on the team with her, I still want her in charge. But I do want him on this team too and far away from the Goblin Queen. His character needs to be recovered and rehabbed and X-Factor would be a good place to do that. I also think it would be good to have Lorna and Alex on the same team but not romantically.
    When I say forced, I include her being the "leader."

Lorna's been forced onto 3 different teams named X-Factor since 2012. Of them, only All-New X-Factor had her as the "leader," and I put that in quotes because she wasn't treated like it until issue 7 despite having replacement leader experience multiple times before then. And Lorna only started getting treated like a leader because complaints were finally listened to.

And then she got forced on 2020s X-Factor, where not only was her time as leader ignored, but she was repeatedly depicted OOC and mocked by other characters to make them look better.

But even if she was leader and treated perfectly, there's still one big core problem with her and this book title: it results in her being treated like she's only an X-Factor character, not a character within the X-Men franchise as a whole with decades of presence before ever ending up on X-Factor.

This is seen most clearly with Marvel Strike Force, where she was categorized as an X-Factor character but not an X-Men character. But it's also visible in how Prisoner of X had a memory of her kissing Havok in the 90s but not one of her on Genosha. It's also very apparent in how X-Men 97 decided to completely exclude her from the story of the Genoshan genocide while spotlighting characters who weren't even there in the comics version. Instead, X-Men 97 decided it would rather show her in depictions of 90s X-Factor.

And don't even get me started on Havok. Since 2012, he hasn't been forced onto X-Factor (because Jordan White and people like him see him as "worthy" of more than X-Factor but not Lorna), aside from a few guest appearances while leading Uncanny Avengers, and while he was allowed to do all sorts of things without Lorna coming up, Lorna could hardly do anything anywhere without Havok getting forced into her stories until she won the X-Men vote.

I have no problem if Havok fans want Havok on X-Factor again. Let him spend the next decade almost exclusively on X-Factor. But leave Lorna out of it. She deserves a hell of a lot better, and better means doing things that aren't X-Factor with characters that aren't Havok.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I like the idea of government linked again. while mostly a younger but also sketchy group

Justice - the leader who feels he should be more involved in mutant things now.
    Husk
    Wither
    Roulette
    Scanner
    Radius
    Neophyte
    Dragoness
    Siena Blaze
    Awesome!!!!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    When I say forced, I include her being the "leader."

Lorna's been forced onto 3 different teams named X-Factor since 2012. Of them, only All-New X-Factor had her as the "leader," and I put that in quotes because she wasn't treated like it until issue 7 despite having replacement leader experience multiple times before then. And Lorna only started getting treated like a leader because complaints were finally listened to.

And then she got forced on 2020s X-Factor, where not only was her time as leader ignored, but she was repeatedly depicted OOC and mocked by other characters to make them look better.

But even if she was leader and treated perfectly, there's still one big core problem with her and this book title: it results in her being treated like she's only an X-Factor character, not a character within the X-Men franchise as a whole with decades of presence before ever ending up on X-Factor.

This is seen most clearly with Marvel Strike Force, where she was categorized as an X-Factor character but not an X-Men character. But it's also visible in how Prisoner of X had a memory of her kissing Havok in the 90s but not one of her on Genosha. It's also very apparent in how X-Men 97 decided to completely exclude her from the story of the Genoshan genocide while spotlighting characters who weren't even there in the comics version. Instead, X-Men 97 decided it would rather show her in depictions of 90s X-Factor.

And don't even get me started on Havok. Since 2012, he hasn't been forced onto X-Factor (because Jordan White and people like him see him as "worthy" of more than X-Factor but not Lorna), aside from a few guest appearances while leading Uncanny Avengers, and while he was allowed to do all sorts of things without Lorna coming up, Lorna could hardly do anything anywhere without Havok getting forced into her stories until she won the X-Men vote.

I have no problem if Havok fans want Havok on X-Factor again. Let him spend the next decade almost exclusively on X-Factor. But leave Lorna out of it. She deserves a hell of a lot better, and better means doing things that aren't X-Factor with characters that aren't Havok.
    Well my fear is that if she's not on the new X-Factor she's going back into comic book limbo. Havok too. At least her most recent story appearances have been well done unlike what's been done to Alex over the last several years since that stupid Axis "event".

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Well my fear is that if she's not on the new X-Factor she's going back into comic book limbo. Havok too. At least her most recent story appearances have been well done unlike what's been done to Alex over the last several years since that stupid Axis "event".
    I certainly wouldn't accept her being put into comic book limbo, but if I was forced at gunpoint to choose between limbo or X-Factor, I'd choose limbo.

If she goes to limbo in the comics, then the last image of her in comics is one of having a big role in something affecting the X-Men franchise as a whole, and having been a team member with her peers. That offers a better shot at her being respected in that sense the next time she shows up. Also a better shot of her entire history being respected, particularly the stuff Marvel keeps ignoring (Genosha, second woman to join the X-Men, past relationships with Jean and Iceman, etc).

If she ends up on X-Factor, she'll be pigeonholed to that specific book (as has been the case every time she's been put on it since 2012), and treated like she has no bearing on anything X-Men that isn't exclusively X-Factor. Also, because her going to X-Factor tends to be purely a ploy for 90s nostalgia, she'd have a high chance of being regressed to how she was depicted in the 90s, with everything outside of X-Factor treated like it never happened for her. Even worse if Havok's involved, she would get depicted poorly for his benefit on the book. We saw how Lorna being the team "leader" on ANXF didn't prevent her from being depicted poorly to benefit the closest male character (Gambit). It would just be a repeat performance but with Havok instead of another character.

If I'm forced to choose poor treatment or no presence, I choose no presence. It makes pushing for better for the character and spreading positive awareness of her much easier than having to simultaneously deal with Marvel spreading negative impressions of her that make people think she's worthless.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I certainly wouldn't accept her being put into comic book limbo, but if I was forced at gunpoint to choose between limbo or X-Factor, I'd choose limbo.

If she goes to limbo in the comics, then the last image of her in comics is one of having a big role in something affecting the X-Men franchise as a whole, and having been a team member with her peers. That offers a better shot at her being respected in that sense the next time she shows up. Also a better shot of her entire history being respected, particularly the stuff Marvel keeps ignoring (Genosha, second woman to join the X-Men, past relationships with Jean and Iceman, etc).

If she ends up on X-Factor, she'll be pigeonholed to that specific book (as has been the case every time she's been put on it since 2012), and treated like she has no bearing on anything X-Men that isn't exclusively X-Factor. Also, because her going to X-Factor tends to be purely a ploy for 90s nostalgia, she'd have a high chance of being regressed to how she was depicted in the 90s, with everything outside of X-Factor treated like it never happened for her. Even worse if Havok's involved, she would get depicted poorly for his benefit on the book. We saw how Lorna being the team "leader" on ANXF didn't prevent her from being depicted poorly to benefit the closest male character (Gambit). It would just be a repeat performance but with Havok instead of another character.

If I'm forced to choose poor treatment or no presence, I choose no presence. It makes pushing for better for the character and spreading positive awareness of her much easier than having to simultaneously deal with Marvel spreading negative impressions of her that make people think she's worthless.
    I have a bad feeling you're going to get your wish and Lorna will be relegated to cameos in Scarlett Witch for this upcoming era. I hope you're wrong because she deserves better. But so do Havok, Sunfire, Banshee, Thunderbird, Syryn and the list goes on and on and on and on. She's not the only mutant character treated poorly by creative team after creative team. My hope is that since her most recent appearances have been great that maybe she would be used well even if it were on X-Factor. The other option for her that isn't limbo is worse in my opinion. That's her becoming a full fledge mutant villain/terrorist. I rather she never show up again than that kind of character assassination. What is it with creative teams that want to turn mutant villains into anti-heroes and mutant heroes into straight up villains?

I’m missing Storm in a team book so this would be her team. A diplomatic intergalactic team

Roster:
    Storm - leader
    Polaris
    Iceman
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Strong Guy
    Catseye
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-02-2024 at 04:01 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Edit: double post
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-02-2024 at 04:00 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Aurora
    Fang
    Iceman
    Northstar
    Polaris
    Prodigy
    Sunfire
    Wolfsbane
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Aurora
    Fang
    Iceman
    Northstar
    Polaris
    Prodigy
    Sunfire
    Wolfsbane
    I think I would really enjoy this line-up depending on the creative team. I do prefer Northstar and Aurora back with Alpha Flight though.