Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Any film that has Hades as an actual evil character has already tossed out mythology - which is nearly every single film featuring Greek gods.....ever. The most accurate portrayal of Hades I have ever seen on screen is from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. When a camp-fest that cares absolutely nothing for accuracy and has more anachronisms than a time travel show gets one of the major Greek gods more right than nearly everybody else combined, you know there's a problem.

Disney left out two interesting facts.

1) Hades married his niece Persephone (who is the daughter of his brother Zeus). Zeus also married his sister and had children with her.

2) Hercules' mother is the great-granddaughter of Zeus who is also Hercules' father. (Heracles' mother was grandchild of Perseus who was the son of Zeus).

Incest runs in the Greek pantheon family.
    Last edited by Zauriel; 05-05-2024 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He is still around in the comics but for non preschool shows did you ever watch legend of the three caballeros on disney plus? Fun donald series and even uses daisy's nieces from the carl barks comics.

Absolutely loved that show! (I thought it was better than Ducktales) Didn't even know it even existed until last year.

I'd borderline kill for a second season. It was everything I wanted in a modern Donald Duck Cartoon

+ Perfect balance of classic and modern elements
    + The three Cavs were great and the Xandra was an awesome addition
    + The villain was excellent.
    + Enjoyed the story and adventures
    + As much as I love Donald, April,May, and June were my favorites. Mischievous, smart, got into trouble, and again, balance of classic and modern

- If I had to give it a tiny nitpick, this show kind of didn't do Daisy any favors (but their relationship has always been kind of toxic)

Well daisy was left alone in a shady part of town but she didn't give donald a chance to explain himself.

One thing I love about the series is so many classic and rare disney characters in it. Daisy's nieces, peter pig, buzz buzz, Humphry the bear, the crazy bird from the donald shorts, among others and of course scrooge makes a cameo.

I just finished watching Inside Out film by Pixar. It is not the greatest Pixar movie I've seen, but it is quite enjoyable to watch.

I got to learn that emotions are sentient creatures that guide and influence the actions of humans.

The visuals are amazing, and the animation is top notch. As expected of Pixar. The way the islands of personality are built is breathtaking. Pixar put a lot of effort in depicting the detailed architecture of each of those personality islands.

The street with buildings on which Riley was walking to the bus station looked very gloomy and full of solitude as Riley.

Anger blames Hawaiians for inventing something as terrible as Hawaiian pizza. In fact, it was invented by a Greek immigrant in Canada.