Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, but just his general track record in this run...
    Yeah it’s sucks but this issue he did fine
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

So I’m not completely versed in Marvel vampire lore but are there human vampires who’ve been turned and then pure vampires who are just monsters? I’m asking because Peter has a moral conundrum over having to kill a vampire in this which makes sense because he was a human, yet in the issue of the ASM Blood Hunt miniseries released today he doesn’t seem to be carrying the same sentiment even when vampires are being killed by his friends. I need to re-read the Ziglar run but I feel Miles also did not have as much of a problem with killing the vampires even though I feel like he would, though he was teamed up with Blade the literal vampire slayer so idk how much he could do, but that’s why I’m wondering whether the vampires are different than the infected human types or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    So I’m not completely versed in Marvel vampire lore but are there human vampires who’ve been turned and then pure vampires who are just monsters? I’m asking because Peter has a moral conundrum over having to kill a vampire in this which makes sense because he was a human, yet in the issue of the ASM Blood Hunt miniseries released today he doesn’t seem to be carrying the same sentiment even when vampires are being killed by his friends. I need to re-read the Ziglar run but I feel Miles also did not have as much of a problem with killing the vampires even though I feel like he would, though he was teamed up with Blade the literal vampire slayer so idk how much he could do, but that’s why I’m wondering whether the vampires are different than the infected human types or not.
    Basically the case of "it's a problem depending on when the writers want it to be a problem."

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Basically the case of "it's a problem depending on when the writers want it to be a problem."
    Yeah that’s what I’m starting to realize lol, the current Wolverine run had a good story that dealt with the whole moral conundrum back during its first few arcs, the vampires in it were fully conscious beings all with personal hopes and dreams and it works better with a character like Logan who does kill but has a strict moral code, for example there were even child vampires which was an interesting concept because they were just like humans except they needed blood to live, when it gets to characters like Spidey though it’s always hard having him in these sort of events, like of course he’s not directly killing any vampires but his allies are. Reminds me of the kill mode scene in Endgame, struck me as out of character even if the horde was mindless