Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know, there are currently often things referenced that contradict things that are also canon.

And there are a lot of characters running around that should be dead, but where DC seems to have simply forgotten that they died.
    And this is why I'm totally okay with my own head canon (not like I haven't been doing this since 1986, anyway, though lol). I am absolutely okay if DC decides to never address continuity in this way ever again. And (honestly) I don't see how they would benefit if they did. I understand how some really want them to just make decisions about certain characters/events, but it's just as likely that they'll make a decision you don't like as they will a decision that you do.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And the really odd thing is that both Seeley#s and Taylor's run are still part of the same ongoing, which makes explaining it away even harder.
    Are we sure it's the same Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Robin’s dad is still dead.
    However Ralph and Sue are alive now. Presumably, Identity Crisis happened but Ralph and Sue are alive again.
    Oh wow.

I take back everything I said. I read that sentence and head exploded. How can that make sense??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Oh wow.

I take back everything I said. I read that sentence and head exploded. How can that make sense??????????
    Same way Donna Troy can have multiple origins at once It's a continuity paradox... the result of multiple timelines merging... oh right... a better example is Power Girl.

New Earth Power Girl is essentially the same person as Supergirl, but from an alternate timeline. In-universe she had an origin that was impossible.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-09-2024 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Same way Donna Troy can have multiple origins at once It's a continuity paradox... the result of multiple timelines merging... oh right... a better example is Power Girl.
    In my best Miranda Priestly: No, no. That's not how that goes.

You see, John Byrne came up with the ultimate solution for that leaning into the madness and coming up with Dark Angel. All the Donna-ness can stand exactly as we have seen it because of the elegance of that solution.

You see, John Byrne came up with the ultimate solution for that leaning into the madness and coming up with Dark Angel. All the Donna-ness can stand exactly as we have seen it because of the elegance of that solution.
    That's the joke.

Continuity paradoxes don't really work as a story telling device.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Last time we saw Sue and Ralph pre-Flashpoint was as ghosts, right?

Would love a mini-series that closes the gap and shows them finding their way back to life after solving mysteries together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Last time we saw Sue and Ralph pre-Flashpoint was as ghosts, right?

Would love a mini-series that closes the gap and shows them finding their way back to life after solving mysteries together.
    I'd rather their deaths and everything related to them simply be excised from DC backstory. No Identity Crisis= better for everyone.

Plus I am so tired of the revolving door of Death.

You misspelled " hot mess". Lol.

Astonishing Member

I think the simplest solution is "Give Up, DC!"

Treat every comic book series like a new cartoon series: new art, refreshed characters, revitalized obscure characters, maybe a new villain (but we have too many now), plot out issues for a few years and lather, rinse, repeat.

Good examples: every Batman cartoon.

There is no connection between series.

I no longer care what happened decades ago. I don't care what earth I am on anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Oh wow.

Keep in mind, currently Kimiyo is the ex-wife of villain Arthur Light (father of her children) per Post-Flashpoint. However Arthur Light is also back to rapist pre-Flashpoint history.
    Which means in current continuity Kimiyo was married to Dr Light when he was a villain and raped Sue Dibny. Then she divorced him and became a superhero herself during crisis on Infinite earths.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Seeing DCs April sales being SO FAR below Marvel and other titles is truly sad. Coming at #21....and most of these books that are beating them are big on continuity of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Keep in mind, currently Kimiyo is the ex-wife of villain Arthur Light (father of her children) per Post-Flashpoint. However Arthur Light is also back to rapist pre-Flashpoint history.
    Which means in current continuity Kimiyo was married to Dr Light when he was a villain and raped Sue Dibny. Then she divorced him and became a superhero herself during crisis on Infinite earths.
    What? in what continuity was Kimiyo his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What? in what continuity was Kimiyo his wife?
    It was a New 52-ism. I'd rather it just be ignored (along with Identity Crisis), but if I had to try to salvage it, I'd just retcon her to having been married to Jacob Finley:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jacob_Finlay_(New_Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    You misspelled " hot mess". Lol.
    You owe me a new keyboard, Missy!!