Default Lara El could have been handled much better in MOS

She had ZERO interaction with her son. I mean.

Also why didn't she get punished due to natural born? It was not explained.

The story could have been handled much better like:

Lara was part of Zod's legion as well, she got sent to Phantom Zone as well due to her natural born.

As co-commander, she partially agreed to invade earth to bring back Krypton. But then she saw her son. Instead of Jor El, let Lara help Lois and Clark to get away.

Also instead of everyone got sent back to Phantom Zone, let Zod get killed first, then Lara and the rest of the Kryptonians agreed to leave earth to find a peaceful place to live. Before leaving, she wishes her son the best.

Bruh, there is little about MOS that could not have been handled better.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Kal was a newborn, was clearly not known about by anyone other than Lara and Jor, and Krypton was literally in the midst of a civil war so had bigger things to worry about.

Lara was on screen for like 5 minutes, including getting blown away. I'm not sure what more could or should have been done with her.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    She had ZERO interaction with her son. I mean.

Also why didn't she get punished due to natural born? It was not explained.

The story could have been handled much better like:

Lara was part of Zod's legion as well, she got sent to Phantom Zone as well due to her natural born.

As co-commander, she partially agreed to invade earth to bring back Krypton. But then she saw her son. Instead of Jor El, let Lara help Lois and Clark to get away.

Also instead of everyone got sent back to Phantom Zone, let Zod get killed first, then Lara and the rest of the Kryptonians agreed to leave earth to find a peaceful place to live. Before leaving, she wishes her son the best.
    I think with the combination of Zod's failed coup and the impending destruction of Krypton, the high council just didn't bother wasting their last few moments on a trial for Lara.

I'm generally OK with Lara's portrayal in the movie. MoS (and Batman Begins) focused on father and son relationships. Nothing wrong with wanting to focus more on mother and son (Martha jokes aside), but you're not going to be able to hit every angle in one movie.