Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    What about Cary Bates for Barry and William Messner-Loebs for Wally?
    I haven't read Messner-Loeb's run. I have his Flash omnibus that's releasing later year. I've heard good things.

For Cary Bates, I've only read his later stuff. When things started to get stale. Which happens to all long runs authors on a specific title. Grunewald on Captain America, Wolfman on New Teen Titans, Slott on Spider-Man, Bendis on Avengers etc.

However, I'm open to exploring his run for the top 5 spot. Anyone who vouches for it, I'll trust their judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Idk if mini or team up could be called as it, but well:

Zatanna:
    1. Zatanna 2010 series
    2. Zatanna Come Together
    3. Seven Soldiers: Zatanna
    4 Justice League Dark Rebirth plus the Future State JLD
    5. Zatanna Search and Justice League of America Vol. 1 from issue 161-257 (Well she not appeared on each issue but she got a character arc there), then Zatanna Special by Gray Morrow. DC could make an omnibus about Zatanna pre Crisis easily with her back up issues on Supergirl and World Finest
    That's a good list. Add up minis to get to solid picture of the character.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Five Justice League:
    1. Justice League of America - Gerry Conway (The Satellite Years)

2. Justice League International - DeMatteis and Giffen

3. JLA - Morrison #1-41 + Waid #43-60 + Kelly #61-90 - These could be 3 separate runs, but I'll add them together here to give more runs spots.

4. JSA - Johns and Goyer - Cheating here a little, but the commitment Johns and Goyer made to revive the JSA in the 21st century shouldn't be ignored. JSA likely saw revival because of how successful it's companion title JLA was doing at the time.

5. Justice League Rebirth #1-43 Hitch and Priest

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Help me Fill In The Blanks.

Big Five Teen Titans and Big Five Legion of Superheroes

TT.
    1. New Teen Titans
    2. Titans vol 1: 1999-2003
    3. Young Justice 1997-2003 - Cheating here but since this cast becomes the next era of Titans directly after their book ends. Feels fine.
    4. Geoff Johns' 2003 Titans. Issues 1-50.
    5. ?

Legion of Super-Heroes
    1. Levitz and Giffen era 1979-1989
    2. Five Years Later - Convoluted as things got towards the end. You have to admire the commitment to keep trying. Sandwiched between two events you largely have nothing to do with (COIE and Zero Hour) would wreck anyone's mojo.
    3. Reboot Legion by Waid and Tom McGraw
    4. Legion Lost by Dan Abnett
    5. ?
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-12-2024 at 07:50 AM.