Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I honestly think it would do the franchise WONDERS to have mutant/ human relations improve to the point where background characters can retire and get day jobs in the world w/o getting killed off or put in camps/ prisons. The franchise has sooo many characters and a lot of them have sorta been forced into combat BECAUSE the everyday is so bad for mutants. The franchise can still have your standard bigoted supervillains w/o the average Joe being a raging bigot.
    Agreed.

Nobody expects or wants the relation between the general population of normal humans and mutants to be super friendly and all forgiven out of nowhere.
    After all normal humans allready struggle enough with tollerating and/or accepting anyone not matching certain shared social, cultural, religios or ethnic traits they have.
    But the overall direction of the comics over the past decades have leaned far too much and often into extremes, which robbed the "mutant experience" of any sense of normality, joy and mundanity, which would imply or suggest how these people, especialy those who aren't heros or villains, actualy manage to get through their daily lifes.

What makes this worse is that without these balancing factors, every additional instance of bad things happening to mutant make them much less impactfull or shocking to the reader, but rather give them a reason to be indifferent.
    It's like reading about the Thirty Year's War, which hasn't been a popular setting for many works of historic fiction for a reason.

So it's certainly about time for some recovery and return of some sense of everyday life and joys for the general mutant population.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-06-2024 at 05:57 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Agreed.

Nobody expects or wants the relation between the general population of normal humans and mutants to be super friendly and all forgiven out of nowhere.
    After all normal humans allready struggle enough with tollerating and/or accepting anyone not matching certain shared social, cultural, religios or ethnic traits they have.
    But the overall direction of the comics over the past decades have leaned far too much and often into extremes, which robbed the "mutant experience" of any sense of normality, joy and mundanity, which would imply or suggest how these people, especialy those who aren't heros or villains, actualy manage to get through their daily lifes.

What makes this worse is that without these balancing factors, every additional instance of bad things happening to mutant make them much less impactfull or shocking to the reader, but rather give them a reason to be indifferent.
    It's like reading about the Thirty Year's War, which hasn't been a popular setting for many works of historic fiction for a reason.

So it's certainly about time for some recovery and return of some sense of everyday life and joys for the general mutant population.
    And also agreed. It would be nice to have some balance and nuance in a world where for whatever reason not every single mutant is hated and feared. I remember there was a community in Ayala's New Mutants who loved and appreciated a mutant child that they refused to give her up. It would be nice to read more stories like that.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-07-2024 at 10:22 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It used to be a week after, I think
    Thanks, I appreciate the response.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I wanted to review this as the first glimpse of the new era.

I suspect people's reactions will be divided based on how they feel about the Krakoa Era. It was a very traditional X-Men story set in a world that hates and fears them, rather than one where they have a nation state of their own, though it's also very clear they will not be going back to the mansion. !
    They can't go back to the mansion.....period.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Blob is also a prisioner there. I got the impression there are more mutants.
    If he is still the neckbeard Blob he can stay there.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was a beautiful opening salvo for Simone & Marquez's Uncanny relaunch. Gail manages to capture Jubilee's voice, the new world mutant live in and wave in a subplot or 3 in the space of a few pages. Brava!

And not enough can be said about how good Dave Marquez's art looks. Every page is rich and vibrant and full of character. I just cannot wait to see his Kurt, Remy, etc in action. Overall this was a fantastic start to From the Ashes and I'm expecting great things from Uncanny X-Men at the very least.

Sorry if this is a repeat question but does Marvel eventually make FCBD stories available digitally for the rest of us poor saps?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Sorry if this is a repeat question but does Marvel eventually make FCBD stories available digitally for the rest of us poor saps?
    I am not familiar with the Marvel app but they are available on (Amazon) Comixology.

Read this on comixology today and it honestly felt dated to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not familiar with the Marvel app but they are available on (Amazon) Comixology.
    Oh, I had no idea they were already available there. I thought I’d have to wait much longer. Thanks!