Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Imagine enjoying personal freedoms your predecessors fought for, and then it’s decided you no longer get to enjoy those same rights, that your kids no longer have the same rights you were born enjoying. Maybe you even took for granted that you’d always have these rights. Now overnight you are a second class citizen, and you have to fight piecemeal just to get back your freedoms. And while you’re fighting back, people are suffering, even dying. Doesn’t seem cartoony to me, seems like real life. So.

Get ‘em Jubes!

Sounds like a good start to me on the new era.I like the focus on Jubilee as she's a character who hasn't had a ton of spotlight in the last 25 years or so since the end of Generation X baring kind of two awful stints being turned into a vampire and the more recent Excalibur run. Also felt by now being around for 35 years or so in the comics that she should have a larger role on the X side of things.

I was one of the few that haven't really like the direction of the X-Men side of things for years in the Krakoa Era or even the few years prior. I would love to see thing back to where they where in the 90's but I know that ship has sailed long ago.

Fantastic Member

Yawn. It’s corporate dronery, but well executed corporate dronery I suppose.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Having tjust read the one shot i love it. It set the stage for Uncanny X-men perfectly.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also assume it'll have fun moments and humor, because Gail Simone.
    Gail said on Twitter that there are some hardships to get through in the beginning but she didn’t like the characters staying miserable for long.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I want to like this story. I want to like the new era... it just feels like we could give mutants as a whole a safe space (like krokoa with some changes) and still have this story with slightly less gloom... like where is Jubs going to send this new mutant that is safe?

I want the X titles to focus more in America... I want the mutants to have a nation, I want mutants to disagree to the point of there being diffrent groups (some hero some villain some anti hero) but I don't want to go back to stupid "Make it the worst 1950s prejudice but cartoony turned upto 11.

And what did Blob and Syren do to get locked up?
    Let’s be honest… they were probably just walking around existing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They are named characters that writers currently don't seem to have use for. So they become prime candidates to have something bad happen to them just to evoke a reaction from the readers.

Though yes, the writers also kind of have it easy to throw them into these situation, given that mutants have been cemented as "universal victims", where any kind of situation which has or is happening to people of minority backrounds around the world, can be applied to mutant and in an over the top manner.

Plus it has been the standard for a while now that writers don't even have to pretend these characters have personal lifes, relations or day jobs, which would make people notice they got abducted, imprisoned or killed off pannel until revealed to the reader.

Anyone know when this will be available digitally on Comixology/Amazon? DC's FCBD books dropped on Saturday but not Marvel. I think they are always delayed but I'm not sure by how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    They are named characters that writers currently don't seem to have use for. So they become prime candidates to have something bad happen to them just to evoke a reaction from the readers.

Though yes, the writers also kind of have it easy to throw them into these situation, given that mutants have been cemented as "universal victims", where any kind of situation which has or is happening to people of minority backrounds around the world, can be applied to mutant and in an over the top manner.

Plus it has been the standard for a while now that writers don't even have to pretend these characters have personal lifes, relations or day jobs, which would make people notice they got abducted, imprisoned or killed off pannel until revealed to the reader.
    I honestly think it would do the franchise WONDERS to have mutant/ human relations improve to the point where background characters can retire and get day jobs in the world w/o getting killed off or put in camps/ prisons. The franchise has sooo many characters and a lot of them have sorta been forced into combat BECAUSE the everyday is so bad for mutants. The franchise can still have your standard bigoted supervillains w/o the average Joe being a raging bigot.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-06-2024 at 10:15 AM.

even people who get arrested for DwB (driving while not white to be honest) have trumped up charges on them... 'just walking around' may be the background but there should be atleast a cover story.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

I honestly think it would do the franchise WONDERS to have mutant/ human relations improve to the point where background can retire and get day jobs in the world w/o getting killed off or put in camps/ prisons. The franchise has sooo many characters and a lot of them have sorta been forced into combat BECAUSE the everyday is so bad for mutants. The franchise can still have your standard bigoted supervillains w/o the average Joe being a raging bigot.
    from your mouth to editors ears...

this is why I wanted a modified Krokoa to stick around... have the 'hate and fear them' in the US and Europe. Having isreal didn't make antisemitic people disappear... in universe wakanda didn't 'fix' race relations... this story from free comic day would have been so much better if Jubs could say "come to Krokoa" and the new character says "I cant leave my mom" with every other beat as is... who ever prisoner X is (we can pretend it is a surprise) would still work... and if you want to lock up mutants lock up sabertooth and casandra nova
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Not sure when I’ll have the opportunity to read this issue. I just want to know: does the comic imply that there are other prisoners being held at the mansion, or is it just Siryn and the mystery man?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Not sure when I’ll have the opportunity to read this issue. I just want to know: does the comic imply that there are other prisoners being held at the mansion, or is it just Siryn and the mystery man?
    Blob is also a prisioner there. I got the impression there are more mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Blob is also a prisioner there. I got the impression there are more mutants.
    Yeah I think we've only seen a few of what could be many more.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Anyone know when this will be available digitally on Comixology/Amazon? DC's FCBD books dropped on Saturday but not Marvel. I think they are always delayed but I'm not sure by how long.
    It used to be a week after, I think