Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
Hellions, X-Factor and, to a lesser extent, Sabertooth & the Exiles, really managed to elevate some cool less-seen mutants. I'm a huge fan of Cyclops, Nightcrawler, etc. but I *never* in a million years expected to add Nanny, Greycrow, Eyeboy or Nekra to that list!

X-Men Red, and any other bit that focused on the Amenthi/Arakki was also a real treat for me. Loved Xilo and Sobunar from the jump, and Lactuca seems ridiculously powerful, which is kinda cool, some sort of Omega teleporter (able to teleport all of Arakko and it's populace to Mars!). The culture, the concept of the mutants sent to fight the demons having to then endure centuries of conflict and oppression as the most powerful among them basically surrender to the demons (Genesis surrendering to and becoming Annhilation), the horrible-ness of Tarn and his 'School of the Vile.' Great stuff.

In a formulaic medium that retells stories from the 70s like 'Batman punches out the Joker for the billionth time' or 'the X-Men are hated and feared and there are Sentinels for the billionth time,' it was a real breath of fresh air.

From a purely distant view, this whole Krakoa experiment reads like a story that was built for the Inhumans (who already have their own culture, city, tech, 'secret history,' etc.), and sort of got pigeonholed onto the X-franchise. But I don't mind that so much. The Inhumans property was too badly bungled and burned to work for this, and it being tied to the mutant population allowed them to do interesting things with ancient mutants like Apocalypse, who was, IMO, a little too all-over-the-place and didn't really make a lick of sense as a character, IMO, before.
I never made the Inhuman connection, but you're totally right. I just wonder if any of it will stick in the future.