Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel heard and seen!

My participation went through the roof on these forums, I discovered the X-Men subreddit, started reading AIPT X-Mondays, and started listening to X-Men podcasts.

To see it come to this, I know I will only trade wait any future books.
    I'm definitely going to miss the crazy online presence and feeling of community we had. The first Hellfire Gala era was so fun - people were designing their own outfits for characters, friends who never read comics were coming to me to talk to me about the looks, the speculation about "fireworks," the memes and discussions about the X-Men nova, all the hope people had. We have a lot of discussion with '97 now, but that era felt so creatively-driven.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm definitely going to miss the crazy online presence and feeling of community we had. The first Hellfire Gala era was so fun - people were designing their own outfits for characters, friends who never read comics were coming to me to talk to me about the looks, the speculation about "fireworks," the memes and discussions about the X-Men nova, all the hope people had. We have a lot of discussion with '97 now, but that era felt so creatively-driven.
    absolutely!

there were some amazing thinkpieces written, youtube video essays, and the creators were getting involved then it kinda fell by the wayside..

I have a bunch so dont shoot me. LOL

My greatest memories

The Hellfire Gala, all three of them. (Nimrod and Orchis crashing the party in the third one)
    Bringing back most dead characters that were forgotten. (Moiria, Synch, Thunderbird)
    Magneto telling the humans they have new gods now.
    Synch being brought back to a prominent role
    Most of the villain's seeing the bigger picture and joining the ranks.

The Crucible
    The way Magneto went out like a G
    Storm just being the dominant queen she is.
    Hope consoling Exodus, after his mental meltdown.
    The Introduction of all those Arrako characters. (Especially Genesis and Isca the unbeaten)
    The Introduction of the Quiet Council and the demise of it.

I really feel this new era is going to be watered down to what we experienced these past 5 years.
    I am really attached and will miss Krakoa
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; Today at 05:12 AM.
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m nervous about the new era, but Fall of X has been so bad and needlessly long that I can’t wait for it to be over.
    I love Krakoa as an idea, but they missed so many cool opportunities. And starting with Inferno everything just crumbled and the whole line became a mess, with a few bright spots like Red.
    (But even Red wasn’t really allowed to tell it’s original story. We never got the payoff to the new Brotherhood, characters like Thunderbird were supposed to have big roles but just disappeared…)

I’m hoping Brevoort’s era is better and more innovative than it looks. After months and months of convoluted the FoX mess, I’m just ready for Krakoa to end.
    I believe Brevoort said to watch out for TBird in the upcoming era.
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

Spectacular Member

I can't believe the many lives of Moira X weren't fleshed out a bit more. After watching X-Men 97 I think it would of been interesting to see the Krakoa era do it's own take on classic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    I can't believe the many lives of Moira X weren't fleshed out a bit more. After watching X-Men 97 I think it would of been interesting to see the Krakoa era do it's own take on classic stories.
    Now this would be a great 12 issue What If? miniseries, I wonder if Ewing's aborted Moira solo title was going to hit on this at all

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    You can tell Dead X-Men was trying to scratch that itch by bouncing around her lives, but unfortunately it was too little too late to have a real impact.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Now this would be a great 12 issue What If? miniseries, I wonder if Ewing's aborted Moira solo title was going to hit on this at all
    I'd like 12 volumes of Moira's Life story. Six or seven issues per volume should be enough to get a good idea how each life turned out. Be interested to know if Moira's extended family from life 1 developed any powers or abilities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    From a purely distant view, this whole Krakoa experiment reads like a story that was built for the Inhumans (who already have their own culture, city, tech, 'secret history,' etc.), and sort of got pigeonholed onto the X-franchise. But I don't mind that so much. The Inhumans property was too badly bungled and burned to work for this, and it being tied to the mutant population allowed them to do interesting things with ancient mutants like Apocalypse, who was, IMO, a little too all-over-the-place and didn't really make a lick of sense as a character, IMO, before.
    I think Hickman has said on the Cerebro Podcast that it was an old X-Men pitch from his days on the Avengers book.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-10-2024 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    My favorite moment was probably the terraforming of Mars. Not only was it really cool seeing the omegas working in a circuit to bring a planet back to life, but it really felt like the mutants were continuing to move forward. Establishing Krakoa was an entire feat on its own. So of course the next step after building a mutant nation would be building a mutant planet. I'll never forget how optimistic and hopeful I felt for the X-Men at that time.
    Word! It was an amazing ride, and there are still chunks I've yet to read--like most New Mutants stuff.

I've been reading mutie comics since like 2004 and I've never felt as much heart, imagination, bravado and craft consistently put into the line as during the Krakoan age. HOXPOX was a revelation, X-Men that followed blew my mind monthly, and the whole road to the first Gala/Planet-sized was electric. Never ever did I have so many xbooks on my pull lol.

The comics will be good in the future too, mind. But it's hard to let a good thing go. And at its peak, Krakoa was a revelation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Never ever did I have so many xbooks on my pull lol.
    This is very much the truth! I was getting pretty much everything but the Wolverine stuff, at one point! (And the Unlimited stuff, since I don't do digital comics quite yet.)

Sins of Sinister kind of took the blush off the rose for me, and Fall of X has lost me completely. I'm not terribly interested in anything announced for the new age, yet, but not everything has been announced, so hope remains.

Hickman’s Apocalypse

I loved the Krakoan era. Really liked X-Force even though they kind of worked alone.

Happy to see the Quiet Council go. So much bull$hit with them.

I am looking forward to "From the Ashes". Lots of good writers and artists.

I dont know why you people think the X Men are over after this. The Krakoan ear was always going to end we knew that. It is just the way it ended maybe was not for all of us (including me). I like some aspects of the Fall of X but it has been all over the place (except for Magneto).
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Happy to see the Quiet Council go. So much bull$hit .
    I still want a PROPER Quiet Council made up of mutants from around the globe that only has one “X” member.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Word! It was an amazing ride, and there are still chunks I've yet to read--like most New Mutants stuff.

I've been reading mutie comics since like 2004 and I've never felt as much heart, imagination, bravado and craft consistently put into the line as during the Krakoan age. HOXPOX was a revelation, X-Men that followed blew my mind monthly, and the whole road to the first Gala/Planet-sized was electric. Never ever did I have so many xbooks on my pull lol.

The comics will be good in the future too, mind. But it's hard to let a good thing go. And at its peak, Krakoa was a revelation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This is very much the truth! I was getting pretty much everything but the Wolverine stuff, at one point! (And the Unlimited stuff, since I don't do digital comics quite yet.)

Sins of Sinister kind of took the blush off the rose for me, and Fall of X has lost me completely. I'm not terribly interested in anything announced for the new age, yet, but not everything has been announced, so hope remains.
    I was grabbing every single X-Title and it was the first time I was gobbling up every morsel of info. I was even looking at Tom Muller's talks about design and his whole ethos on the titles, I truly was a capital "F" Fan. This may be the first time as an adult I was such a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Hickman’s Apocalypse

Hell yeahh, he was so hard. His characterization actually made me care about Apoc for the very first time and then in X of Swords it cemented it for me.