Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But does Defenders Beast have all the memories of his time displaced teen self who went to the future (our recent past, before Krakoa age)?
    He doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    He doesn't.
    They should be there, even if he doesn't have access to them (By being brought forward from an earlier point in the timeline the mental blocks might still be in place). But they won't have much of an effect on things either way - his teen self's reaction to what he could have become? This Hank can tell the exact same story with it without the extra memories. The only effect will be how he relates to Temper (is that her name now or am I wrong?)
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I'm not far off from that assessment myself.

Whaddya mean "now"?

How many dead astronauts are clogging up the space lanes now?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Nah, it's these writers who come in(having X-Men on their resume looks good I suppose) and try to tear down the foundation of what the X-Men are and try to paint as something "new"... those are the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But does Defenders Beast have all the memories of his time displaced teen self who went to the future (our recent past, before Krakoa age)?
    If he doesn't, he just needs Jean to unlock them - they're only suppressed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I was gonna post that!

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Professor X is not a villain, he is however a complicated figure that has had to shoulder great responsibilities for a decade (in the comics) and also make some very tough decisions. Many of those decisions earn him hatred, ridicule, and most recently, disrespect, but that is par for the course when you are a leader of large groups. He is only a villain to villains, or to folks who never had to have any responsibility for anything before.

In terms of this tired trope in the comics, it's easier for lazy or untalented writers to fall back on it than write Xavier as the foundational character he was meant to be. He is like Reed Richards, in that he is a father who has to take care of his family, but on a much grander scale, and with bigger stakes and penalties if he fails. Until the editors at Marvel do right by Xavier, the X-Men will continue to fail.

One cool thing about Xavier being always taken off the map, is that mutants usually crash and burn the hardest and learn the hardest lessons. We see that every time they try to strike out without his guidance or presence, that hit the ground HARD!

No, Xavier is not a villain. He "joined" Orchis to buy time for the Phoenix to be resurrected and kill Enigma. It's abundantly clear that he hates everything he's doing in the meantime. This was pretty obvious in Gillen's books, so I'm not sure why people are saying he's just a straight up supervillain trying to wipe out humanity. That's simply not true.
    Last edited by Til; 05-06-2024 at 05:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

Onslaught actually being Xavier would have been better than it was. Current Xavier hasn't got there but honestly taking away the choice to fight vs Orchis has him on that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Nah, it's these writers who come in(having X-Men on their resume looks good I suppose) and try to tear down the foundation of what the X-Men are and try to paint as something "new"... those are the villains.
    I am also incline to believe this too at this point. Stuff is just gotten to ridiculous with the last run not to consider it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I would think he should. I don't know for sure though because I dropped X-Force when it became clear that the just rehashing the evil Beast thing over and over. But maybe not because didn't they have their memories get erased when they went back? IDK. I'm just happy that he's not the ridiculous evil terrorist version. Hopefully he'll be portrayed more like how he was during his Avenger days moving forward.
    I’ll miss the 80s to year 2000 Beast (up until Cat Beast).
    But I do recognize a lot of his problems started during that period (Guilt and anger not being able to solve the Legacy virus), dealing with Dark Beast, the high and lows of being with Trish Tilby.

The sad thing is, Hank is no longer the oldest original X-Man. Even Bobby should be older than Defenders Beast now.
    Indeed, of the veteran X-Men, he should be one of the mid to younger members now. Closer to Rogue, than Scott.

What are the villain things X has done in the comics so far I haven't read any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They should be there, even if he doesn't have access to them (By being brought forward from an earlier point in the timeline the mental blocks might still be in place). But they won't have much of an effect on things either way - his teen self's reaction to what he could have become? This Hank can tell the exact same story with it without the extra memories. The only effect will be how he relates to Temper (is that her name now or am I wrong?)
    They should be there but as Sage says this Beast doesn't know all of them, Teen Beast from All-New X-Men would know everything about everyone of them. If he has those memories (which is not a given, cause this isn't just 80s Beast pulled forwards in time, this is a cerebro scan and as Hope points out when Wolverine asks about Beast files, these memories are not just sorted in a purely chronological order based on when each memory was recorded) then the mental blocks are definitely still in place as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    In the last issue Enigma seems to be seeking an alliance with Dominions to help him against the Phoenix which basically means they'd join a Dominion who would ally with Enigma.
    Yeah but from what I understand the robots don't know about Enigma yet or do they ?