Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X-Men Monday #250 – ‘From the Ashes’ Era Preview With Tom Brevoort

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/06/x-...rom-the-ashes/

On the run so I'll read the interview shortly but here's the preview art and teases!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

AIPT: OK, and finally, this is a character I get questions about pretty much every week. Hellion.
    Tom: Um… heads just whipped around in the office as you said that. It got a reaction.

AIPT: [Laughs] Jordan would be very honest about there never being Hellion plans.
    Tom: Well, again, this is a whole new “From the Ashes” era. We’re no longer bound by the taste and opinions of Jordan White. You’re in the hands of a far more crass and terrible figure than he ever was. So maybe it’s time to have hope, but maybe be careful what you wish for. We’ll see.

Hell yeah! There's a chance I will live to see Hellion destroyed by editorial!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

His answers and interviews are much more enjoyable and interesting than JDW's. Great reading.

This was a worrying read, particularly the words "ill considered".

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    His answers and interviews are much more enjoyable and interesting than JDW's. Great reading.
    Agreed. Hand's down one of the better interviews I've read in quite awhile.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

That was very interesting. Tom's answers came across as really insightful and well thought-through.

That preview art by Capullo and Marquez looks stunning and I just can't wait to hear more about the new X-books coming up as well as the creative teams for Wolverine, Storm and X-Factor.

So X-Factor going back to the government sanctioned mutant team?? PAD’s X-Factor was my favorite version of this team until it started adding villains to it… (which was after PAD). Maybe this also has a little X-Static twist with them being celebrities?

Man, I’d love to see Tike and Guy back… At least in my headcanon, all of the dead X-Statix characters were revived off panel on Krakoa.. lol

Sooo he kinda answered my questions. Especially about Bishop, Cable, Iceman and Hellion. But still no Petey.
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

I liked most of his responses, but some don’t even make sense. Bishop and Cable can’t be used because their history is contrived and they’re from the future? Rachel is right there. Plus it’s not like Kwannon’s history is any easier to understand than Cable’s. It seems like a very arbitrary “rule”.
    I’m curious about the new books, though. I like that X-factor will be the government-sanctioned team again. It gives them a clear mission statement. And I had a feeling there would be 3 other books debuting on the same month as Exceptional, so it’s nice to have confirmation on that. Hopefully something involving the New Mutants.

Well, that was certainly more inspiring then anything they gave for Krakoa in relation to coordination and conespts.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    AIPT: OK, and finally, this is a character I get questions about pretty much every week. Hellion.
    Tom: Um… heads just whipped around in the office as you said that. It got a reaction.

AIPT: [Laughs] Jordan would be very honest about there never being Hellion plans.
    Tom: Well, again, this is a whole new “From the Ashes” era. We’re no longer bound by the taste and opinions of Jordan White. You’re in the hands of a far more crass and terrible figure than he ever was. So maybe it’s time to have hope, but maybe be careful what you wish for. We’ll see.

Hell yeah! There's a chance I will live to see Hellion destroyed by editorial!

if they kill off Hellion though lol im gonna be so upset

Let him shine first.

Breevort does give a good interview. I like how direct he is whether we like it or not id rather know.

Ok now kind of bummed how much they think Betsy fans are divided and hope that it doesnt negatively affect her.

Come on Redjack. Give us something all to rally behind.
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-06-2024 at 07:18 AM.

Shame we didn't get any artwork along with the semi-confirmation that Monet is joining Uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    This feels like a joke that's not quite a joke, when it comes to the Jordan White part. Inkling of truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Like I said, an old beginning.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)