Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #250 – ‘From the Ashes’ Era Preview With Tom Brevoort

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/06/x-...rom-the-ashes/

On the run so I'll read the interview shortly but here's the preview art and teases!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

AIPT: OK, and finally, this is a character I get questions about pretty much every week. Hellion.
    Tom: Um… heads just whipped around in the office as you said that. It got a reaction.

AIPT: [Laughs] Jordan would be very honest about there never being Hellion plans.
    Tom: Well, again, this is a whole new “From the Ashes” era. We’re no longer bound by the taste and opinions of Jordan White. You’re in the hands of a far more crass and terrible figure than he ever was. So maybe it’s time to have hope, but maybe be careful what you wish for. We’ll see.

Hell yeah! There's a chance I will live to see Hellion destroyed by editorial!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

His answers and interviews are much more enjoyable and interesting than JDW's. Great reading.

So X-Factor going back to the government sanctioned mutant team?? PAD’s X-Factor was my favorite version of this team until it started adding villains to it… (which was after PAD). Maybe this also has a little X-Static twist with them being celebrities?

Man, I’d love to see Tike and Guy back… At least in my headcanon, all of the dead X-Statix characters were revived off panel on Krakoa.. lol

This was a worrying read, particularly the words "ill considered".

Sooo he kinda answered my questions. Especially about Bishop, Cable, Iceman and Hellion. But still no Petey.
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

I liked most of his responses, but some don’t even make sense. Bishop and Cable can’t be used because their history is contrived and they’re from the future? Rachel is right there. Plus it’s not like Kwannon’s history is any easier to understand than Cable’s. It seems like a very arbitrary “rule”.
    I’m curious about the new books, though. I like that X-factor will be the government-sanctioned team again. It gives them a clear mission statement. And I had a feeling there would be 3 other books debuting on the same month as Exceptional, so it’s nice to have confirmation on that. Hopefully something involving the New Mutants.

Well, that was certainly more inspiring then anything they gave for Krakoa in relation to coordination and conespts.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

It would be awesome if X-Factor ends up being the mutants from New Warriors.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Should we expect a X-Factor preview this week or next?

Loves and adores them, maybe Dazzler? Although how this will work with the new status quo.

Also, absolutely telling that there was no teaser for the Storm solo. I wonder if the outfit change is going to delay the book.

Okay... so we got some solid answers here. Thank you for that, Tom. Sounds like immediate plans for Iceman, Monet and Synch. Check. Bishop and Cable? Not so much. As I suspected, characters with a complex backstory -- especially involving time travel and/or complicated relationships to marquee X-characters which makes them feel derivative and learning about them like homework -- are being sidelined. At least at first. They will no doubt show up, down the line. Hopefully reimagined somehow and made even more relevant in the modern era. I take his answers in this regard to mean that Cable isn't getting some new big status quo shift at the end of Heir of Apocalypse. Could be misreading it, but if he was walking out of that series with this new Celestial responsibility I'd think Tom's answer would've been a bit more than "no plans at first."

On, and also confirmation that Capullo is working on an X-book. Color me super excited to have that confirmed at least!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

His anwers felt enjoyable and sincere. Thank you, Tom.

Uncanny looks amazing. Love that small moment with Gambit, Logan and Rogue near the fire.

I really hope that Tom will make Gambit solo down the road.

Curious about his top 10 X-Men list from retailers.
    In no particulr order I think it is:
    1. Wolverine
    2. Gambit
    3. Rogue
    4. Storm
    5. Cyke
    6. Nightcrawler
    7. Jean
    8. Iceman
    9. Beast
    10. Kitty

And Bishop, Cable, Emma, Psylocke as runner ups.