Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Loves and adores them, maybe Dazzler? Although how this will work with the new status quo.

Also, absolutely telling that there was no teaser for the Storm solo. I wonder if the outfit change is going to delay the book.
    Could be fun. And timing could be ideal if Taylor Swift actually does show up in Deadpool and Wolverine as Dazzler.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

These Marquez pages are gorgeous! Love the look of this book already.

And love seeing at least the lower half of Logan's new costume here. I like the taller boots, with knee sleeves/pads, and the tiger stripes on the legs to break up the yellow. I still maintain that this is the single best reimagining of his classic yellow suit that I've seen to date... similar to how his House of X costume was the best updated brown/tan costume he's ever worn. Part of me hopes he keeps both of those, wearing the new Marquez yellow/blue one in Uncanny X-men and perhaps his HoX brown/tan in his solo book or when running stealth missions.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I’m coming across like the oldest man in the world. I only named X-Men characters that were created before 1980.
    Marvel Comics in a nutshell.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    His answers and interviews are much more enjoyable and interesting than JDW's. Great reading.
    Agreed. Hand's down one of the better interviews I've read in quite awhile.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

That was very interesting. Tom's answers came across as really insightful and well thought-through.

That preview art by Capullo and Marquez looks stunning and I just can't wait to hear more about the new X-books coming up as well as the creative teams for Wolverine, Storm and X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    His anwers felt enjoyable and sincere. Thank you, Tom.

Uncanny looks amazing. Love that small moment with Gambit, Logan and Rogue near the fire.

I really hope that Tom will make Gambit solo down the road.

Curious about his top 10 X-Men list from retailers.
    In no particulr order I think it is:
    1. Wolverine
    2. Gambit
    3. Rogue
    4. Storm
    5. Cyke
    6. Nightcrawler
    7. Jean
    8. Iceman
    9. Beast
    10. Kitty

And Bishop, Cable, Emma, Psylocke as runner ups.
    Magneto and Professor X would be top 10 among fans in comic stores in my opinion

Really good interview. I'm actually... super excited about From the Ashes?

Also, EXCUSE ME, the queen is back!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love the idea of Stevie Hunter coming back, and in general the X-Men reconnecting with their human supporting cast. Perhaps she's someone Kate might turn to in her time of need to help her with the new mutants she's teaching with Emma?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I liked most of his responses, but some don’t even make sense. Bishop and Cable can’t be used because their history is contrived and they’re from the future? Rachel is right there. Plus it’s not like Kwannon’s history is any easier to understand than Cable’s. It seems like a very arbitrary “rule”.
    Looking back it feels like Cable often gets singled out for having an overly complicated and difficult to understand backstory, because of how it unfolded on pannel over time and through the various writers trying to steer and expand it, rather than how it now looks from a distant.

Because in terms of key points, it's all relative simple. 1. Son of Cyclops and a Jean Grey clone. 2. Infected with techno-organic virus. 3. Send into a future in the hope he can be cured there. 4. Comes back as hardened soldier trying to change the timeline.

Which is bascily how '97 has done it and it seems the casual audience certainly wasn't confused by it.

Essentialy at this point it's arguably more the reputation of his backstory being problematic which has taken a life on it's own. Potentialy making it a neat excuse on why to leave him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m curious about the new books, though. I like that X-factor will be the government-sanctioned team again. It gives them a clear mission statement. And I had a feeling there would be 3 other books debuting on the same month as Exceptional, so it’s nice to have confirmation on that. Hopefully something involving the New Mutants.
    It has long been somewhat of an oddity in the X-men books, how the default plans towards mutants are usualy based on "everyone" trying to wipe them out, even though the more logical development for secret or official organizations, corporations and governments would be exploitation and a mixture of gold rush and arms race.

And not just the blunt force slavery metaphor but corporate "human resources" method of employment and incentivisation in order to get one's hand on the best and most usefull powered individuals, preferably so others can't get one of equal value.

Which would naturaly cause a division between the "usefull" ones that would also be subject of media campaigns and advertisment agencies to be presented as "ideal mutants" and the "undesirables" who don't hold a lot of value to these groups and therefor unprotected from derision, violence and harassment.

Maybe X-factor could at least somewhat explore this via a team seemingly adored by the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It would be awesome if X-Factor ends up being the mutants from New Warriors.
    Crackpot theory. What if it's the Children of the Atom with a new member after they all once again went through a questionable idea to get powers?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Marvel Comics in a nutshell.
    Feels like they never recovered from the developments behind the scenes in the early 1990's.

Perelman, Perlmutter and co. might be gone, but the structures and mess they created in their attempts to expand and make the company more "marketable" still linger.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-06-2024 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love the idea of Stevie Hunter coming back, and in general the X-Men reconnecting with their human supporting cast. Perhaps she's someone Kate might turn to in her time of need to help her with the new mutants she's teaching with Emma?
    Yeah, I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Stevie vs Emma lol

Though I was just reminded Guggenheim turned Stevie into a senator ugh.

Deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Stevie vs Emma lol

Though I was just reminded Guggenheim turned Stevie into a senator ugh.
    I imagine that wouldn't be too hard for the new writers to get away from. The re-election chances of anyone who could be smeared as a "mutie-lover" might be pretty slim, for example.

But yes, excited for the possibility of the books getting a human supporting cast again. It's just been Kyle for quite a bit now, and he's never been used to full potential.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-06-2024 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    His anwers felt enjoyable and sincere. Thank you, Tom.

Uncanny looks amazing. Love that small moment with Gambit, Logan and Rogue near the fire.

I really hope that Tom will make Gambit solo down the road.

Curious about his top 10 X-Men list from retailers.
    In no particulr order I think it is:
    1. Wolverine
    2. Gambit
    3. Rogue
    4. Storm
    5. Cyke
    6. Nightcrawler
    7. Jean
    8. Iceman
    9. Beast
    10. Kitty

And Bishop, Cable, Emma, Psylocke as runner ups.
    I think Magik would be on there somewhere. There's always a ton of variant covers of her so clearly she sells books.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I imagine that wouldn't be too hard for the new writers to get away from. The re-election chances of anyone who could be smeared as a "mutie-lover" might be pretty slim, for example.
    That's a good way out.

So it looks like Iceman is either leading X-Factor or getting a solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    AIPT: OK, and finally, this is a character I get questions about pretty much every week. Hellion.
    Tom: Um… heads just whipped around in the office as you said that. It got a reaction.

AIPT: [Laughs] Jordan would be very honest about there never being Hellion plans.
    Tom: Well, again, this is a whole new “From the Ashes” era. We’re no longer bound by the taste and opinions of Jordan White. You’re in the hands of a far more crass and terrible figure than he ever was. So maybe it’s time to have hope, but maybe be careful what you wish for. We’ll see.

Hell yeah! There's a chance I will live to see Hellion destroyed by editorial!

if they kill off Hellion though lol im gonna be so upset

Let him shine first.

Breevort does give a good interview. I like how direct he is whether we like it or not id rather know.

Ok now kind of bummed how much they think Betsy fans are divided and hope that it doesnt negatively affect her.

Come on Redjack. Give us something all to rally behind.
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-06-2024 at 07:18 AM.