Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You say that like it’s a bad thing. Ha. “Drug dealing orgy island” doesn’t sound like a bad place to visit at least.
    Or a nice place to nuke lol

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I hope we NEVER go back to love triangles... at least not the same ones... Scott and Jean being in an open poly marriage handled so many headaches... jean and Logan and Scott and Emma could go on a double date and not worry about old cliche storytelling... plus it give the ENM crowd a set of heroes.
    Wolverine, Scott and Jean all being separated for a bit is honestly one of the things I’m most looking forward to in the new era. Good riddance to that played out triangle shit. With regards to the latter, apparently they’re still married, so that might be tricker; but in the case of Logan, let’s give him a new love interest and move him far beyond the Jean fixation please.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Or a nice place to nuke lol
    They’re just doing drugs and screwing! They don’t deserve that type of response, man. Seems extreme. Lol.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I hope we NEVER go back to love triangles... at least not the same ones... Scott and Jean being in an open poly marriage handled so many headaches... jean and Logan and Scott and Emma could go on a double date and not worry about old cliche storytelling... plus it give the ENM crowd a set of heroes.
    It was swept under the rug for the better or worse. After XoS it's barely a thing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I don't want to be sour grapes and I want to like x-men, but every word out of the corporate shill's mouth makes me understand those BS toxic fans better.

I'll just give it a Bless Your Heart. Simone's book will be pretty, at least.
    I've known Tom for a long time at least on my social media and he is not a corporate shill. Him being excited about the direction he's taking these books and you disagreeing doesn't make him a corporate shill. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING. And just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to lash out at creative teams. They're are so many comic books coming about every single week. If you don't like what you see in this new era just skip it. Buy/read some other comics in the meantime. This era will eventually be replaced for something else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wolverine, Scott and Jean all being separated for a bit is honestly one of the things I’m most looking forward to in the new era. Good riddance to that played out triangle shit. With regards to the latter, apparently they’re still married, so that might be tricker; but in the case of Logan, let’s give him a new love interest and move him far beyond the Jean fixation please.

They’re just doing drugs and screwing! They don’t deserve that type of response, man. Seems extreme. Lol.
    I prefer him with Mariko tbh

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Hopefully by “ill considered story-telling events” he means the awful open relationship, I meed that shit retconned.
    The open relationship just felt so cheap. But I was assuming he was referencing the whole Maddie ordeal and Morrison's run.

If he's willing to retcon things hopefully he actually focuses on things that really screwed up characters (Bishop and Emma character assassinations).

Isn’t she alive again as the Scarlet(?) Samurai? They could reunite and develop a little Batman/Catwoman dynamic.

Same. I really hope she's around in this new era

Amazing Member

I think people are (understandably) picking that apart. What it really means is 'hey, you're not gonna see everyone at the beginning of the new era, some show up later than others'.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I've known Tom for a long time at least on my social media and he is not a corporate shill. Him being excited about the direction he's taking these books and you disagreeing doesn't make him a corporate shill. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING. And just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to lash out at creative teams. They're are so many comic books coming about every single week. If you don't like what you see in this new era just skip it. Buy/read some other comics in the meantime. This era will eventually be replaced for something else too.
    Things I used to say to people who didn't like the Krakoan era for $100, Alex!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    One thing that I like about this new era as opposed to the one we are leaving is that each comic is different enough that there should be something for nearly everyone. All they need is a comic based on a Krakoa/Genosha successor state (obviously on a smaller scale) and a book with the Starjammers and then everything that has been tried before will have a book. Well, and a multiverse hopping team I suppose.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

lololololololololol correct is right.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Isn’t she alive again as the Scarlet(?) Samurai? They could reunite and develop a little Batman/Catwoman dynamic.
    Ohh that sounds fun. Someone that mostly shows up in his books, can defend herself so isn't Sabretooth bait, and has a conflicted relationship with him works better than another co-worker romance.

I actually agree with what he says about teams here:

"But I do feel that particularly once you get past a solid core, you end up with a lot of team concepts that feel to me like somebody doing a draft pick, wandering down to the beach at Krakoa and going, “Hey, I need five guys to go have an adventure, who’s around?” And five disparate characters get involved in a story because they’re the ones that happen to show up that day."

A lot of times you have books where half the characters are there just because. Because they need somewhere to put all the A and B-list mutants. Now, unlike what he seems to think this does not apply only to side-books imo, so I'm somewhat skeptic about the lineups in the three X-Men books too. But I think it makes sense to put some of these characters in solo instead, and maybe even like duos or team-up books... Basically anything that's not a full-fledged "team".

I think I'm just easy, because I liked the Krakoan era -- especially at first -- but I'm not broken up that it's over, and the new era sounds interesting to me too. Guess I just don't get too attached anymore, as I've been reading long enough to know that the only constant is change... forward, backwards, forward again, backwards again... whatever. Give me good stories and art somewhere in the line and I can cope.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”