Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Read the Snoopy Beagle Scout Adventures and Monster High books last night.

The Monster High book was okay but relied too much on puns and parody for me. The Snoopy Book was okay too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Read 3 more of the books I got to hand out for Halloween.

None of them were really for me though.

Unicorn Crush, The Loud House and Spidey and his Amazing Friends are all geared towards the younger crowd and as I read them I wondered if they were kind of aiming downward instead of trying to elevate reading and comprehension levels of the target audience. And then I realized I was putting way too much thought into things and remembered that the idea is to get younger readers to simply READ!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Read some more of the books I picked up.

I didn't care much for Investigators or Pokemon but they are definitely not meant for me.

I also didn't really like Romeo vs. Juliet book either.

The Johnny Quest book was okay.

I will say that I rather enjoyed the Maleficent book though.

I read the Energon Universe and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles books last night. Hated the art in the former, definitely not interested in that at all. I wasn't crazy about the story in the latter but at least it kept me interested enough to finish it.

Only two books left to read now.

I got the Conan book, Hellboy, Flash Gordon and Jonny Quest. Conan and Hellboy are two of my regular books, but I liked Flash Gordon and Jonny Quest enough to pick up the new titles.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I finished the last two books I picked up and they turned out to be the most interesting.

The Star Wars book had two fun short stories and the Conan book's story setting up a big "Howardverse" crossover that should be interesting as well.