Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I have to say that if he does in fact have trunks, then it's better than I could have imagined
    ^^^Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Not what I was expecting.
    Not a fan but let’s see how it looks in action first

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its a physical suit, they don't need to create a whole new model for it.

Even then it might be better received when different angles start showing up and its seen in motion. Has happened plenty of times with costumes people weren't sure about.
    If it looked better from another angle, then DC should have given us a photo from that angle. How casually are they taking this?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So are they asking for the movie to be reshot? Because they've already shot scenes with this suit. And I imagine the movie is already half done at this point.
    Considering how badly this suit has been received, they need to do something at least.

This isn't just a Superman movie, it is setup for thier next 4-5 movies and shows. If this flops, then Gunn's DCU is dead on arrival. And he has started on a bad note already with this suit.

Astonishing Member

The live action Superman suits.

To me, it's not that good, not that bad. It's fine. But I'm just happy to see it.

It does look too much in the style of how superhero suits look in live action movies these days, but I wasn't really expecting any different. Happy to see the trunks.

I think the picture they chose is perfectly fine and I really don't agree with the notion that it's too dour. Every movie has serious and dramatic moments. Though I don't have a problem with Superman movies or media being downbeat to begin with. I think people exaggerate the extent to which Superman needs to be full of optimism and brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    This isn't just a Superman movie, it is setup for thier next 4-5 movies and shows. If this flops, then Gunn's DCU is dead on arrival. And he has started on a bad note already with this suit.
    I mean, they can just change the suit in their other productions.

I am just really happy it doesn't look....fetish-y

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

It looks...just about fine I guess. Somehow I just don't have strong feelings about it

Honestly it looks a lot like the DCEU suit. As in, I can easily imagine this being a new suit for Cavill's Superman than for a reboot. And Corenswet looks an awful lot like Cavill in this. Hell, if I wasn't following any DC film related news and didn't know about David Corenswet being cast as Superman, I'd probably assume this was a shot of Cavill in a slightly redesigned costume and wonder why his face looked a bit off

I do like the context depicted here though...Clark sitting in his apartment, putting on the suit before flying off to deal with some extraterrestrial/cosmic/supernatural threat to Metropolis. Getting a bit of an STAS vibe here.

I think I'll reserve my full judgement until we get another angle on this suit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Honestly, if they did that, I'd be there. But I have a question; is that backround, sans the King, something from the movie itself? Or was it put in by Gunn as a joke or troll? If it is real, what is it? Looks like a giant eye----is there such a thing in DC?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    It looks...just about fine I guess. Somehow I just don't have strong feelings about it

Honestly it looks a lot like the DCEU suit. As in, I can easily imagine this being a new suit for Cavill's Superman than for a reboot. And Corenswet looks an awful lot like Cavill in this. Hell, if I wasn't following any DC film related news and didn't know about David Corenswet being cast as Superman, I'd probably assume this was a shot of Cavill in a slightly redesigned costume and wonder why his face looked a bit off

I do like the context depicted here though...Clark sitting in his apartment, putting on the suit before flying off to deal with some extraterrestrial/cosmic/supernatural threat to Metropolis. Getting a bit of an STAS vibe here.

I think I'll reserve my full judgement until we get another angle on this suit.
    Heh, I thought his face in that shot at that angle and with that expression....sort of looks like Jeremy Renner in the earlier MCU movies.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough criticism.
    It wasn't thoughtful or thorough... just off the cuff first impression
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The cape on this suit looks pretty long...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    From what I saw on Twitter, Reddit and here, most people are not liking this suit at all. Not on Instagram but I doubt its any better over there.

Considering the near universal panning this suit has gotten, maybe they will pull off a Sonic and make changes.
    Yeah - social media does not like it. WBD knows the backlash and it's a safe bet they will put out another pic sooner rather than later. It's hard to imagine but marketing and others at WBD besides Gunn had to have OK'd this as the first image of their new Superman. It's actually scary to realize that this group is in charge of the Superman reboot and the new DCU overall. Zaslav, Gunn and the others seems to be running their DC properties into the ground just as the previous regime did.

Could they tweak things a la Sonic? Not sure - they've been filming. I guess they can tighten up the suit with CGI which addresses one of the big complaints but who knows. Either way this was one time chance to present Corenswet as Superman and get a WOW reaction. That didn't happen, the damage is done, and this reignites the Cavill controversy when WBD/Gunn had a chance to move away from it with a kick ass first image.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 05-10-2024 at 12:28 PM.