Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Now that all the launch team books have been announced, I do see why Brevoort was so resistant to saying they were just going to back to basics. While the overall premise of the line is pretty regressive, the books do seem to be taking some risks both in terms of rosters and pitches. Now it’s just time to wait and see how things are executed.

Looks like I was right to be worried about X-factor.
    The writer is great, but the roster is a choice... Feral, Pyro and Frenzy on the celebrity team? Firestar and Dazzler are in shock.

BANNED

I can see Pyro and Frenzy becoming super hero celebs or social media icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Looks like I was right to be worried about X-factor.
    The writer is great, but the roster is a choice... Feral, Pyro and Frenzy on the celebrity team? Firestar and Dazzler are in shock.
    I suspect there is method to Russell's madness.

I imagine some of the members are there to add a little more dysfunction and spice to the group.

Sure, but which ones will get the audience interested? None of them are huge sellers.
    They needed at least some solid names like Iceman and an overall team that’s more recognisable. Angel and Havok can’t drive sales anymore IMO.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    And I still remember that when Black Panther got famous from the MCU, Storm fans reminded his fans that Panther got his first boost from his marriage to Storm and it was time he returned the favor to boost her since she'd been so underutilized since then.
    This is NO WAY true.

The book before the marriage was at 27K and after she got there it stayed the same or got worst.
    The only time it got huge boost was when the Avengers and the two subbed in for Sue and Reed in Fantastic Four were in the book.
    Once that was over the numbers went back to normal.

She gave him no boost.

The boost should have come from the X-Office. Nobody thought of an X-team in Wakanda? Nobody thought of a Storm solo while she was married?

Instead whose office had an issue with it? That is a failure on the X-office for not taking advantage.

We saw Aquaman and Ollie get married. Their wives got books or novels.
    How many books had Mary Jane had?

It's the X-Office that owes her a TON.

What is the issue? Where is the Storm book line? Shuri had one and it was very successful and endorsed by schools. At a time where the cries for black lead books is/was at an all time high. Where was the X-office?

The most used female of color at BOTH companies and her own franchise can't be bothered? That needs to be the conversation NOT what T'Challa owes her.

I don't know if 9 books to start with is a good idea.

I get that the X-Men is a massive franchise, and the hooks seem solid, but it's three X-Men books, three ensemble spinoffs and three solo books.

I wonder if it would be better to start a bit smaller and expand as readers connect with something new.

This may be more secure. The idea may be that inevitably a few of the books won't work, so if something connects with readers, a book that wasn't selling (or that reached its obvious endpoint) will be replaced with that. And it would take a while to realize what's good enough to be its own title and to launch that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Storm solo has my interest and I hope they deliver on what has been proposed for Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't know if 9 books to start with is a good idea.

I get that the X-Men is a massive franchise, and the hooks seem solid, but it's three X-Men books, three ensemble spinoffs and three solo books.

I wonder if it would be better to start a bit smaller and expand as readers connect with something new.

This may be more secure. The idea may be that inevitably a few of the books won't work, so if something connects with readers, a book that wasn't selling (or that reached its obvious endpoint) will be replaced with that. And it would take a while to realize what's good enough to be its own title and to launch that.
    This is only the beginning as more books will be announced in the coming months. Tom Brevoort confirmed a few months back that the line would be as wide as it was during that particular portion of the Krakoa era when he was asked (I think around 12-14 books.) He said the publisher requires a certain amount of books out there at any given time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really hope we get more team books in the future. Would be nice to have an Excalibur team with actual british mutants like Banshee, Wolfsbane, Chamber or Pixie.
    that plus cap brit sounds like a perfect team
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This is only the beginning as more books will be announced in the coming months. Tom Brevoort confirmed a few months back that the line would be as wide as it was during that particular portion of the Krakoa era when he was asked (I think around 12-14 books.) He said the publisher requires a certain amount of books out there at any given time.
    There are 15-20 Spider-Man and 15-20 Avengers books every month. Many of the books do not feel like they are part of a 'franchise' but they basically derive from those original comics or families.

There will be 15-20 X-Men books every month. If Brevoort does his job well at some point a character like Storm will be big enough that the X-Men is just something that is part of her story and not the other way around like many of the other characters across the Marvel U.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I honestly don't get that complaint and it crops up every time there's a relaunch. Two books. Six books. Twenty books. We are never obligated to buy or read all. Just the ones we like/are interested in. Having 12-14 books means the majority of the fandom has at least 2-3 books they might be very interested in.

And as Brevoort said and as we saw within the Krakoa era...decisions and directions regarding titles will shift and change depending on reception and sales and new options put in place.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I doubt NYX, X-Factor, Phoenix and Storm will last beyond 10 issues, so they'll probably be replaced with two more team books (Astonishing and X-Treme is my prediction) and maybe another solo (Mystique?).

So far only phoenix and xforce for me. The rest I will wait to see. The rest need I need more info like storm and wolverine.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-08-2024 at 07:32 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/