Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Hoping we get the wolverine announcement today.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Don't know about that when the current Avengers team exist. A team that stretches from cosmic powerhouses to people who don't even have any superpowers.
    Not as per Brevoort word. Marvel officially stated that they plan to concentrate on their mutant side, like before. The Avengers before weren't even that big, not before 2000, after 2000, once the rights for the X-men were sold, the books went down the drain because Marvel didn't want to provide much stories for Fox. Now, when they have full custody over them, I expect them to push hard on the X-men and the mutant, just like they did in the Krakoan era. Probably the new beginning for the entire MU. Brevoort pretty much confirms the same in the podcast.

Something else was mentioned in the episode as well, which to be honest really made it click. Brevoort here mentions a very key and very important line. "Like if you look over all the X-Men spin off books over the years, I'd guess that 75 to 80% of them are team concepts of one sort or another. And there are very few solo character books. And I think that's maybe a mistake."

I can't emphasize how much I agree with him here, and I do agree very strongly. And that is actually what clicked for me, because he continues later on with the following:

"And so that's going to change a little bit, assuming that I'm right and we can make some of these books actually perform and get people excited about them. So you're going to end up seeing more solo titles featuring popular care, popular X characters, and more solo titles that can embrace aspects and styles and tones about those characters more easily than you can with them just in one one common X-Men book."

Which, once more I agree 100% percent, what truly hits home though, and on the right string it is the following:

"And so you know we're gonna, we're gonna lean into Storm as as a solo character on the same kind of level as a an Iron Man or a Captain America or a Spider Man or a Daredevil or whatever and and see if we can make that go."

And I was like... YES EXACTLY THAT!!! Period.

And, no I am not talking only from Storm's perspective but we have those really well established characters within the Marvel universe aka Jean, Magneto, and they are always pushing them into team when each one of those characters need space to breath, so let them breath and construct stories around them as a solo character not as a team character. That will shift the planes on entirely different level. And that is very important and exactly what Marvel needs.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I have very little to no interest in X-Men solo books. These are not the Avengers, for me the teams and found family, mutant community aspect of the books are a core part of the franchise. I also just get bored reading about the same character nonstop, especially if they already have forty to sixty years worth of stories.

I am the opposite. I love the team dynamics, but sometimes I want to see more of some of the characters and their stories that can't be explored because they are constantly a part of a team.

Since they are doing Wolverine, Storm and Jean, I wish they would have rounded it out and did Cyclops as well.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Since they are doing Wolverine, Storm and Jean, I wish they would have rounded it out and did Cyclops as well.
    If only Marvel cared about Cyclops. I haven't read a Cyke story that I genuinely enjoyed since the end of AvX: Consequences and that was 12 years ago...
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-09-2024 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    If only Marvel cared about Cyclops. I haven't read a Cyke story that I genuinely enjoyed since the end of AvX: Consequences and that was 12 years ago...
    While it's a prequel for th character, look up the one shot Jay Ediden wrote. He's half of X-Plain the X-Men and might be Scott's biggest fan in the online community.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    While it's a prequel for th character, look up the one shot Jay Ediden wrote. He's half of X-Plain the X-Men and might be Scott's biggest fan in the online community.
    You mean Marvels Snapshot: X-Men? I've read that. I loved it but as you said it was a prequel not something new

When are the August solicitations going to be revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    When are the August solicitations going to be revealed?
    I think normally they announce them the second to last week of the month.