Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    What he said about Storm is bs of the highest caliber, Storm has followed Scott’s lead before, the extinction team was HIS team, the person everyone thinks of when you say “X-Men leader” is Cyclops not Storm.

If she’s gonna be written like a Mary Sue I hope she doesn’t interact with the X-Men whatsoever.
    Only someone who dislikes Cyclops would say something like that which is worrying.
    When I think of the leader of the X-men, I think of Storm because she was the leader at their most prominent in the 80's.

Fantastic Member

Hah I got a lot of push back from some fans when I said Storm needs to be away from the team to have a successful solo. Looks like the editors agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    When I think of the leader of the X-men, I think of Storm because she was the leader at their most prominent in the 80's.
    Well, that's a dumb way to view things imo, she hasn't been the main leader in like 30 years. Claremont's run isn't everything and even then she was the leader because Scott wasn't part of the team at that point, he's never been under her in any run in which they're together while I can't say the same for Storm, and Scott has more than 10 years that establish him as mutantkind's greatest leader, Storm has got nothing like that, she was following his orders during that time just like everyone else.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I completely understood what he meant about Storm on a team where other characters have been chosen to lead.
    She's on par with Cyclops so would be a co-leader there, with a very clear different viewpoint which is not what that book is about.
    She absolutely "outranks" Rogue and Wolverine and Gambit will always defer to her, thus undermining Rogue's position.
    She's really not the teacher type. And while butting heads with Emma might be entertaining for a short while for all intent this is Kate's and Emma's book.
    She doesn't fit on an X-Factor team.
    She's out of place on Forge's X-Force given their MO.

If nothing else Duggan was astute to point out in his Marauders, and then Lord Ewing underscored that view...that Storm's personal journey and growth (as with Jean's) have taken her beyond the X-Men microcosm, conceptually.

The way I see it...she left her village nest to join the X-Men...now it's time to leave the X-Men nest to explore the World. (yes it sucks Arakki has been taken off the board but...dem's the breaks...and I've come to terms with it and moved on.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Thanks for transcribing, Lucky!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Hah I got a lot of push back from some fans when I said Storm needs to be away from the team to have a successful solo. Looks like the editors agree with me.
    Yupp. I also agree 100%
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Looking at her history, Storm following other X-Men leaders is situational. If they are in a spot where they need everyone following one command structure then yes, she will defer to Cyclops if she agrees with his vision. But otherwise she's very prone to either doing her own thing (like marrying BP) or leading her own team (like X-Men Red). Could she have followed Cyclops on X-Men? Yes, but that team is already loaded with big name characters so she's better off doing her own book. They want Rogue as a new team leader so she cannot join that team, and they want Kitty to grow on her own so you cannot have Storm next to her. Going solo (or giving her her own team) is the obvious solution.

Well, that's a dumb way to view things imo, she hasn't been the main leader in like 30 years. Claremont's run isn't everything and even then she was the leader because Scott wasn't part of the team at that point, he's never been under her in any run in which they're together while I can't say the same for Storm, and Scott has more than 10 years that establish him as mutantkind's greatest leader, Storm has got nothing like that, she was following his orders during that time just like everyone else.
    I think Storm is the best leader because she defeated Cyclops in battle for the team's leadership, and she didn't even have her powers. He had to leave the team because of how humiliated he felt.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I think Storm is the best leader because she defeated Cyclops in battle for the team's leadership, and she didn't even have her powers. He had to leave the team because of how humiliated he felt.
    Maddie was interfering in that fight though

My main takeaway from Brevoort's position on Storm is that he sees her as and wants to place her among the published ranks of Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man as a solo character and I have to give him flowers for that vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Maddie was interfering in that fight though
    And even if she weren't, a fight has nothing to do with leadership skill, Scott has the best leadership feats in the franchise by far and Storm doesn't come even remotely close.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

And even if she weren't, a fight has nothing to do with leadership skill, Scott has the best leadership feats in the franchise by far and Storm doesn't come even remotely close.
    Facts. Some are just too attached to the Claremont days. I never was because I grew up reading 2000s X-Men comics. Cyclops was THE leader.

Both of them are great leaders and they both can and have led multiple teams. Yall need to relax.

Spectacular Member

Is it too much to hope for an offbeat, left field quirky X-Factor with universe-shaking threats, a cool cast with some real classic characters and a hot creative team?

It is, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Facts. Some are just too attached to the Claremont days. I never was because I grew up reading 2000s X-Men comics. Cyclops was THE leader.
    I agree, though I grew up reading them in the 90's.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.