Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Both of them are great leaders and they both can and have led multiple teams. Yall need to relax.
    Agreed, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Scott has big issues at times with preventing discord or discourse. Schism happened under his watch. He's not everyone's cup of tea as a leader. That said he has a strategic mind and the type that loves planning for conflict. He's good under pressure and can make hard choices.

Storm is much more charismatic, even villains love her. She inspires those around her to do better while also steeling herself in difficult situations. On the other-hand sometimes she bites off more than she can chew and takes on more responsibility than she can give attention to. (e.g. Morlocks, Arrakko, Krakoa)
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-06-2024 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My main takeaway from Brevoort's position on Storm is that he sees her as and wants to place her among the published ranks of Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man as a solo character and I have to give him flowers for that vision.
    Agreed. I love this vision for her!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

In a previous poll asking if Storm can sustain a long lasting solo I said no mainly because such a thing would require a build up of supporting cast and villains from nearly the ground level and I didn't think Marvel would commit to such a plan instead of the lazy way of attaching Storm to a team to give that team a boost. Well, it appears Brevoort has other plans. If this book becomes a moderate (or higher) success than I'll happily eat my words.

Boy this gives vibes that the new kids of Exceptional are gonna be pretty forgettable and not important at all. Remove them from the plot and it wouldn't affect it at all, as the focus is the Kitty and Emma dynamic. The new kids adon't matter at all.

At least X-force and NYX's concepts are interesting. Seems like X-force is not a kill team, which is a breath of fresh air and NYX's concept would have worked really well during the krakoa era as it could have explored the lives of other mutants daily in Krakoa.

Although Uncanny has the least unoriginal concept (like adjectiveless), I'm gonna give it a try for the creative team (It will be a repetitive concept, but at least it will be well done and hopefully it wont be a nostalgia masturbation).

Sucks that we have to wait a week for more info about X-factor.

And as another user has said the excuse of Storm not being in a team is complete BS.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Agreed. I love this vision for her!
    And If her solo book does take off, I could even see Storm assembling her own Avengers-style team further down the line. I'm celebrating this first step. *insert X-Men voguing gif*
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Boy this gives vibes that the new kids of Exceptional are gonna be pretty forgettable and not important at all. Remove them from the plot and it wouldn't affect it at all, as the focus is the Kitty and Emma dynamic. The new kids adon't matter at all.

At least X-force and NYX's concepts are interesting. Seems like X-force is not a kill team, which is a breath of fresh air and NYX's concept would have worked really well during the krakoa era as it could have explored the lives of other mutants daily in Krakoa.

Although Uncanny has the least unoriginal concept (like adjectiveless), I'm gonna give it a try for the creative team (It will be a repetitive concept, but at least it will be well done and hopefully it wont be a nostalgia masturbation).

Sucks that we have to wait a week for more info about X-factor.

And as another user has said the excuse of Storm not being in a team is complete BS.
    I can't blame him for focusing on Kate and Emma to talk about the book. Totally anecdotal but the response to the characters was mainly why new characters and not existing ones. Makes sense that there might be a thought that the main pull will be those two and hope people get attached to the new characters in time.

Based on the premise of EXM I could understand why they are going with brand new mutants instead of pre-established "fan faves". The newbies don't have the training, schooling nor the close affiliation to anything XM those other characters have. They are literally blank slates in a new environment. Which, for a new writer, can be pretty exciting to write. But also free of the baggage that pre-existing characters already come with.

As with those NXM kids and Academy X Kids back then, there are a new generation of mutant teens who need guidance and care in the new Post Krakoa world.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I completely understood what he meant about Storm on a team where other characters have been chosen to lead.
    She's on par with Cyclops so would be a co-leader there, with a very clear different viewpoint which is not what that book is about.
    She absolutely "outranks" Rogue and Wolverine and Gambit will always defer to her, thus undermining Rogue's position.
    She's really not the teacher type. And while butting heads with Emma might be entertaining for a short while for all intent this is Kate's and Emma's book.
    She doesn't fit on an X-Factor team.
    She's out of place on Forge's X-Force given their MO.

If nothing else Duggan was astute to point out in his Marauders, and then Lord Ewing underscored that view...that Storm's personal journey and growth (as with Jean's) have taken her beyond the X-Men microcosm, conceptually.

The way I see it...she left her village nest to join the X-Men...now it's time to leave the X-Men nest to explore the World. (yes it sucks Arakki has been taken off the board but...dem's the breaks...and I've come to terms with it and moved on.)
    Why would Gambit defer to Storm? Rightly or wrongly, he's usually set himself up in a kind of protective big brother role to her. He's never been intimidated or impressed by the whole Omega Goddess side of her persona.

I'm also not sure that Wolverine would automatically defer to Storm either.

Or that either of them would defer to Rogue, though Gambit might have a vested interest in not sleeping on the proverbial sofa.

Scott and Jean doing long-distance…who will cheat first this time? Lmao

Based on the many past stories wherein they both acknowledge her leadership decisions.

Rogue as the leader of this new UXM will be the one calling the shots. Wolverine has always vouched for her before and Gambit knows she has the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Scott and Jean doing long-distance…who will cheat first this time? Lmao
    I'm sure Scott won't cheat, as for Jean, it's not a matter of if but a matter of when, but probably like in the 9th issue.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

As he mentioned Iceman twice, I think it's a save bet he's on X-Factor.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I can't blame him for focusing on Kate and Emma to talk about the book. Totally anecdotal but the response to the characters was mainly why new characters and not existing ones. Makes sense that there might be a thought that the main pull will be those two and hope people get attached to the new characters in time.
    The designs and names of the new characters are very boring and uninspired, it would take a writer in the level of Al Ewing to try and make them interesting. The only saving grace that Exceptional has is the Kitty and Emma dynamic. The book should have only be about those two and remove the new kids.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Why would Gambit defer to Storm? Rightly or wrongly, he's usually set himself up in a kind of protective big brother role to her. He's never been intimidated or impressed by the whole Omega Goddess side of her persona.

I'm also not sure that Wolverine would automatically defer to Storm either.

Or that either of them would defer to Rogue, though Gambit might have a vested interest in not sleeping on the proverbial sofa.
    Gambit isn't really a team leader. Second-in-command or field leader? Sure. But he really doesn't have his own ideology on how things should be done for the benefit of other Mutants.

After how Jean and Ororo were handled during the Krakoa era, it's definitely wise to remove them from team books.

Not interested in X-Men 97, but I hope they will stick to being super-heroes, without being dragged into mutant problems every time (like Whedon's Astonishing X-Men was)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way