Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Scott and Jean doing long-distance…who will cheat first this time? Lmao
    Sadly only the fans care , in-universe it's like nothing happened. Breevort's words do little to clarify anything...nothing to see here..just smile and wave.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Rogue as the leader of this new UXM will be the one calling the shots […] Gambit knows she has the experience.
    Oh he knows. Leave it to her to go straight for the whip.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Both of them are great leaders and they both can and have led multiple teams. Yall need to relax.
    This. I knew when Brev said what he said some heads were going to roll. That's why I'm glad the Schism from the last decade wasn't between Storm and Scott. I wouldnt have been able to stand going to any forums with what would have assuredly been a downright messy discourse of disastrous proportions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    And even if she weren't, a fight has nothing to do with leadership skill, Scott has the best leadership feats in the franchise by far and Storm doesn't come even remotely close.
    Cyclops is a perennial loser.

Disaster of a leader, horrific husband/partner, shit father, terrible friend.

A selfish disaster of a guy.

The O5 were an absolute disaster until Claremont, Simonson, and Nocenti were ordered to bring them back into the fold. The duly made them relatively interesting; Hank in Avengers was the only one anyone could be bothered with.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    What he said about Storm is bs of the highest caliber, Storm has followed Scott’s lead before, the extinction team was HIS team, the person everyone thinks of when you say “X-Men leader” is Cyclops not Storm.

If she’s gonna be written like a Mary Sue I hope she doesn’t interact with the X-Men whatsoever.
    I think that depends on when you started reading x-books. Storm is the real x-men leader to me, Scott a highly celebrated general. I'm not up for arguing it, because again it depends on when you entered the world of xbooks.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post

The O5 were an absolute disaster until Claremont, Simonson, and Nocenti were ordered to bring them back into the fold. The duly made them relatively interesting; Hank in Avengers was the only one anyone could be bothered with.
    As someone who really got into books in the 2010s, I have more respect for Scott as a leader than Storm due to their contrasting handling of the Inhumans nonsense.

While Storm was busying placating the Inhumans and refusing to seek any direct actions against them for the accidental cloud genocide, Cyclops was having none of it and actually took the stand everyone should have against the Inhumans. Storm during the Krakoa stuff also ignored her responsibilities on the Quiet Council so she can galivant as the glorious God-Queen of Mars so thats another blight on her record.

Due to how all that transpired I can't really say Storm is a better leader. At the very least she is liable to being just as flawed and making terrible decisions as Cyclops.

SIAP, and some of these may already be on a book, but who have we heard nothing about so far? Colossus, Archangel, Bishop, Iceman?? Anyone else? Like I said, one or two of these may have already been placed somewhere, but I've been away for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post

If true, what would this say about his peers? Storm during Krakoa both had a seat at QC and she was the leader of Arakko. When Uranos had his fun, she wasn't there. Later when Sinister compromised the QC members, Storm realized it way too late. She also gave her voting right to Piotr when he was mindcontrolled if I remember it right though tbf she didn't know. Before all of that there was IvX. She also played Queen to T'challa for quite a while when her kind could have used her help. Storm has a nasty habit of not being there when it matters the most even if she's good all the other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Storm during the Krakoa stuff also ignored her responsibilities on the Quiet Council so she can galivant as the glorious God-Queen of Mars so thats another blight on her record.
    That's not fair on Storm, tbh. She didn't ignore her responsibilities; she just couldn't be in two places at once. It would have happened to anyone who had two be on both Councils, unless they were Multiple Man or Franklin Richards. And it was necessary to have someone on both Councils to try and help them work in tandem when needed. Things just fell apart because Storm could only be in one location at a time whenever disaster struck, and because she - like everyone else - was fooled by Colossus' evil brother's machinations.

I prefer Cyclops as an X-Men leader overall, but I think Storm is an excellent leader, and she was a great choice to be Regent of Sol. She showed a willingness to guide the Arakki, while also respecting and taking in their traditions. She earned their respect and had to keep earning it, through power and through following Arakki traditions. She even sacrificed some of her power to Lodus because she had to divide her attention between Earth and Arakko. So Storm was one of the best choices for this role.
    Last edited by Rift; 05-06-2024 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    As someone who really got into books in the 2010s, I have more respect for Scott as a leader than Storm due to their contrasting handling of the Inhumans nonsense.

While Storm was busying placating the Inhumans and refusing to seek any direct actions against them for the accidental cloud genocide, Cyclops was having none of it and actually took the stand everyone should have against the Inhumans. Storm during the Krakoa stuff also ignored her responsibilities on the Quiet Council so she can galivant as the glorious God-Queen of Mars so thats another blight on her record.

Due to how all that transpired I can't really say Storm is a better leader. At the very least she is liable to being just as flawed and making terrible decisions as Cyclops.
    This is the most inaccurate description of X-Men Red I’ve ever heard. She blew up the throne in the first issue, and secured an entire planet worth of mutant allies that previously didn’t want anything to do with the Earth mutants.

And shocker I still like Cyclops too. They’re both great and different characters. But if y’all wanna spend your time beefing over fictional characters who in-universe have tons of respect for one another go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This is the most inaccurate description of X-Men Red I’ve ever heard. She blew up the throne in the first issue, and secured an entire planet worth of mutant allies that previously didn’t want anything to do with the Earth mutants.

And shocker I still like Cyclops too. They’re both great and different characters. But if y’all wanna spend your time beefing over fictional characters who in-universe have tons of respect for one another go ahead.
    It's one of the oddest things to witness for me.

I've been mostly quiet about the upcoming era because I don't know how I feel about it yet. It's not pulling at me in any kind of strong way. I'm excited about two titles which is rare because I'm usually into the majority of newly announced books. Like I don't feel the excitement of doing review threads the way I have during the current era, for example. I dunno, it's just how I'm feeling but I'm open and looking forward to experiencing the new creators' spins on our merry mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Many thanks Luckystar for the transcripts!

I'm really enjoying everything Brevoort had to say about the new books, both on today's X-Men Monday and on here. It's clear a lot of thought went into everything and I appreciate Brevoort taking the time to flesh out certain decisions. I don't necessarily agree with everything he said and he's doing and I think some of the books don't have strong enough creative teams and premises to sustain long runs, but I certainly respect the approach and will be giving everything a try.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's one of the oddest things to witness for me.

I've been mostly quiet about the upcoming era because I don't know how I feel about it yet. It's not pulling at me in any kind of strong way. I'm excited about two titles which is rare because I'm usually into the majority of newly announced books. Like I don't feel the excitement of doing review threads the way I have during the current era, for example. I dunno, it's just how I'm feeling but I'm open and looking forward to experiencing the new creators' spins on our merry mutants.
    Like me, you might be getting older, where only a handful of books speak to you and get you fired up anymore (typically involving favorite characters). But it's just enough to keep you connected to the broader X-line and the even broader Marvel Comics tapestry.

Don't want to speak for you, but this is how I've felt for some time now. So welcome to the club, my friend!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Like me, you might be getting older, where only a handful of books speak to you and get you fired up anymore (typically involving favorite characters). But it's just enough to keep you connected to the broader X-line and the even broader Marvel Comics tapestry.

Don't want to speak for you, but this is how I've felt for some time now. So welcome to the club, my friend!
    It's odd because I was the complete opposite with Krakoa having read most of the titles. Maybe it was the interconnectivity and always wanting to know what was going on in different parts of the map, so to speak. But yeah I am getting old so there's that haha.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Already looking forward to the latest crop of YA schlebs disappearing forever at the end of their run.