Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's that good, yes. (Thought I'm not the one to complain about MCU just because I wasn't excited about most of their recent stuff.)
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

FYI, just because a movie is a "flop" does not mean it was bad...Just like when a movie is a hit, it does not mean it was good...
    Marvels may have been a flop money wise, but it was still entertaining...Well, except for the whole dancing thing, but otherwise, I felt, it was a solid movie. Heck if we want to crap on Comic movies, Sony is the place to go...
    AS for X-Men, it is good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It is hard thinking you are losing something you once loved. But people need to let it go and stop complaining about their own grief at it "not being the same anymore" and move on to something new to complain about in 10 years time.
    This. All of this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    FYI, just because a movie is a "flop" does not mean it was bad...Just like when a movie is a hit, it does not mean it was good...
    Marvels may have been a flop money wise, but it was still entertaining...Well, except for the whole dancing thing, but otherwise, I felt, it was a solid movie. Heck if we want to crap on Comic movies, Sony is the place to go...
    AS for X-Men, it is good.
    It really was an admirable movie, and when more people start realizing that, the world will be a better place.

People really had the nerve to lump it with Madame Web.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Wikipedia.

It's marvel animation not disney animation.
    X-Men '97

Marvel Studios Animation

Wikipedia.

Marvel and Star wars for example is not created or made by Disney.
    It's not made by Disney studios.
    Disney funds,distribute and do merchandising for star wars and marvel,that's it.
    When you see a star wars movie or mcu marvel movie for example you don't see the disney logo in front.
    Sure bro. Disney owns Marvel. It is a Disney animation and they have a very poor track record. Disney is responsible for the poor state Marvel is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    X-Men ‘97 has corny soap elements, and the characters go from sublime highs -like Gambit cooking in a ridiculous crop top - to dreadful lows that actually feel impactful. It’s fun and engaging.

The last two MCU films were just interchangeable quipping characters going on a no-stakes adventure that no-one seems to take at all seriously. Which is what the naysayers claimed it was all along - they need to do better.
    Gambit and Magneto's animation are awful. Magneto looks like a zombie and Gambit like a kid. the characters look smaller than their 90s version.

Overall the animation does not impress me. It looks too childish. This is what turned me off. I wish they had adapted more of the X-Men Evolution look but with a 2024 update. I do not enjoy every DC cartoon but I find DC animations impressive enough to make me sit through it till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Disney is responsible for the poor state Marvel is in.
    By that logic, Disney is also responsible for the MCU having 4 of the top 10 grossing films of all time, as they were all under Disney's Marvel ownership.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

It just goes to show how uncanny valley and corporate boardroom the MCU has become when any other Marvel property can do better. X-Men 97 is great, but it's not perfect by any means. It's still messy and way too fast paced, even moreso than the original series which was so fast that some episodes are unwatchable unless they're slowed down.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    By that logic, Disney is also responsible for the MCU having 4 of the top 10 grossing films of all time, as they were all under Disney's Marvel ownership.
    Empires fall
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    X-Men 97 has done more for the X-Men than 24 years of Fox movies.

So yes, it is that damn good.
    This is just not true at all and a little silly on one hand you have movies that made the xmen mainstream on the other you have a D+ show although popular hasn't been seen by half the people who have seen the movies.

Extraordinary Member

It really was an admirable movie, and when more people start realizing that, the world will be a better place.

People really had the nerve to lump it with Madame Web.
    Yeah, that's asinine.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This is just not true at all and a little silly on one hand you have movies that made the xmen mainstream on the other you have a D+ show although popular hasn't been seen by half the people who have seen the movies.
    Tell me the character development that Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Cyclops went through in the Fox movies.

Tell me what team dynamics we saw between the X-Men and scenes of Jean and Storm confiding in each other like sisters.

Show me who got more comic accuracy and screentime other than Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto (and then oddly Mystique, but screentime not so much accuracy).

I'll wait.
    Last edited by Android 17; 05-07-2024 at 01:04 PM.

The fox films were not perfect but every X-Men movie is always going to be set up for a disappointment. X-men has too many characters and some writer would have a favourite they will shove down out throats like Wolverine was in the movies.

X-Men is served best as a TV show. I have never seen anyone pick the movies over their shows. X-Men 92 was a classic and captured a moment in time that was good in the 90s. There was no reason to reboot the show as X-Men 97 in 2024.

It's all false nostalgia I don't feel is genuine, although maybe X-Men 97 is the best they can give fans since who truly excepts any MCU X-Men movie to be good, with MCU track record of parody and generic actions movies made warmly for kids, Maybe fans can enjoy X-Men 97 since it may be the best thing they will ever watch with the series currently.

Tell me the character development that Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Cyclops went through in the Fox movies.

Tell me what team dynamics we saw between the X-Men and scenes of Jean and Storm confiding in each other like sisters.

Show me who got more comic accuracy and screentime other than Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto (and then oddly Mystique, but screentime not so much accuracy).

I'll wait.
    What does any of that have to do with what I was saying or even what you were saying? You said X-Men 97 has done more for the X-Men than movies this isn't true more people have seen the movies the movie made the xmen mainstream more people were introduced to the xmen because of the movies then xmen 97 maybe you didn't like the movie they do have problems but they have done more for the xmen and comics in general than the show.

What does any of that have to do with what I was saying or even what you were saying? You said X-Men 97 has done more for the X-Men than movies this isn't true more people have seen the movies the movie made the xmen mainstream more people were introduced to the xmen because of the movies then xmen 97 maybe you didn't like the movie they do have problems but they have done more for the xmen and comics in general than the show.
    I think they mean in terms of the quality of the writing and character development, not overall success.
    They/Them