Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    The fox films were not perfect but every X-Men movie is always going to be set up for a disappointment. X-men has too many characters and some writer would have a favourite they will shove down out throats like Wolverine was in the movies.

X-Men is served best as a TV show. I have never seen anyone pick the movies over their shows. X-Men 92 was a classic and captured a moment in time that was good in the 90s. There was no reason to reboot the show as X-Men 97 in 2024.

It's all false nostalgia I don't feel is genuine, although maybe X-Men 97 is the best they can give fans since who truly excepts any MCU X-Men movie to be good, with MCU track record of parody and generic actions movies made warmly for kids, Maybe fans can enjoy X-Men 97 since it may be the best thing they will ever watch with the series currently.
    Both xmen 97 and the movies are good in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I think they mean in terms of the quality of the writing and character development, not overall success.
    I understand now. Honestly I think people are to hard on the xmen movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Sure bro. Disney owns Marvel. It is a Disney animation and they have a very poor track record.
    Disney animation does have not have poor a track record and yes marvel is under disney just like the new avatar movies under fox is now under disney but marvel animation is not made by Disney Television Animation productions.

Extraordinary Member

Oh and some recent good news for disney and marvel and star wars under disney etc..

Disney’s streaming business turns a profit in first financial report since challenge to Iger
    https://apnews.com/article/disney-ig...91dd1315b6c9aa

A Video talking about it is posted here as well.
    Disney+ Becomes Profitable For The First Time
    THREAD: MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE PART II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...05#post6808605
    Last edited by mace11; 05-07-2024 at 08:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

X-men 97 is exceptional but much of this has to do with the fact that Disney has botched it's programing over the last three years. Identity politics isn't enough to sell product...it's a hard truth. The fact that this wasn't a multi-verse story but rather adaptations of previous X-men stories helped the show tremendously. Disney would be wise when moving forward to think more about what they are adapting rather than who they are adapting.

First they say MCU movies are fatigued and no longer watchable, their latest film was Captain Marvel and a flop. Its cool now to hate Marvel products except X-Men 97.
    Gotg 3 made $800m and thor 4 almost a billion. They are not in as bad shape as people think but they really do need to do better on the shows.

As for x-men 97. Eh. It's ok. Trouble is they speed through plots so freaking fast you can't enjoy them. hey, its maddie--oh she is gone next episode. Hey its that plot--oh they wrapped it up in 10min.

X-men has been a letdown to me. They burned through so many good story ark plots in 8 episodes. Blah. It's fine but i am really letdown by it.

Too fast.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-09-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Gotg 3 made $800m and thor 4 almost a billion. They are not in as bad shape as people think but they really do need to do better on the shows.

As for x-men 97. Eh. It's ok. Trouble is they speed through plots so freaking fast you can't enjoy them. hey, its maddie--oh she is gone next episode. Hey its that plot--oh they wrapped it up in 10min.

X-men has been a letdown to me. They burned through so many good story ark plots in 8 episodes. Blah. It's fine but i am really letdown by it.

Too fast.
    These seasons are only 10 episodes each.

At best, the show will get 3 or 4 seasons.

It's all subjective and I agree they are blazing through a lot, but I'd rather they do that than a slow burn when there's only so much episodes/time they have to work with.

With this show, I'm not bored and left wanting more.

I tried to watch Crisis on MAX and fell asleep after 10 minutes.

That's the risk of spreading things out and trying to flush out the story.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Disney animation does have not have poor a track record and yes marvel is under disney just like the new avatar movies under fox is now under disney but marvel animation is not made by Disney Television Animation productions.
    The original series outsourced a lot to AKOM I think (Which has done a number of TV animation, not just Saturday morning level but also a lot of the Simpsons). Not sure if that's the case with the new one though.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Some info for the show.

X-Men '97
    Production company Marvel Studios Animation
    The revival was first discussed in June 2019 and formally announced in November 2021, with DeMayo and Castorena attached. Chase Conley and Emi Yonemura also directed episodes. DeMayo was fired as head writer in March 2024 after completing work on the first two seasons. The series is the first X-Men project from Marvel Studios since the company regained the film and television rights to the characters. Animation was provided by Studio Mir and Tiger Animation, and is a modernized version of the original series' style.
    Wikipedia.

X-Men '97 (TV Series)
    https://marvelanimated.fandom.com/wi...97_(TV_Series)

X-Men '97
    https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men_%2797
    Last edited by mace11; 05-09-2024 at 09:14 PM.

Just watch the show and make your own opinion instead of asking others if it’s the case. If you aren’t interested in why you perceive as bad animation, then you don’t need to watch

For the record, i think it’s great, and it’s the best X-Content we’ve had since Logan imo

I don't mind MCU not continuing with the same intensity it had before. The original story they were telling (Infinity Saga) has been definitively completed anyway. As long as the movies to come has quality, not quantity, I am fine.

I also wouldn't mind it if the universe definitively ends with a final movie at some point, instead of continuing forever.

X-Men 97 is probably the first step in a new era of a Marvel shared universe, but this time in the animation medium instead.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 05-11-2024 at 05:20 AM.

Tiger Animation has quiet the track record. They did animation for The Spawn Animated series, X-men: Evolution, Justice League Unlimited, Avatar the Last Airbender ( Season 1, 2 and 3), The Boondocks season 2, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and etc
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.