Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

At this point, they might as well do Spider-Girl. Now, I would totally see that.

Raimi is a good director, and it's a shame he's only directed three non Spider-Man films since he got involved in the franchise.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yes, I'd like to see it. The theatrical re-releases for the Raimi films have all been major successes and indicated an audience is still there for a continuation of this franchise. And just about everyone involved, Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, J.K. Simmons, and Thomas Haden Church, have all said they'd like to come back and do more.

Even if they go the Ultimate Spider-Man/Spider-Girl route.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Yes, I'd like to see it. The theatrical re-releases for the Raimi films have all been major successes and indicated an audience is still there for a continuation of this franchise.
    And apparently Amazing re-releases are not as successful as Raimi movies, TASM 2 numbers are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And apparently Amazing re-releases are not as successful as Raimi movies, TASM 2 numbers are terrible.
    I'm watching it Thursday. But the Raimi ones were completely sold out and had packed houses. It was very difficult to find seats even a week in advance. I had no problem finding seats for the ASM movies and when I watched the first one, it was only half full. More muted audience reactions compared to the Raimi ones which had audiences clapping, hooting, hollering, and in the case of SM3, laughing hysterically.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is using these re-releases to gauge which ones still have audience appeal for future installments.

Box office results so far are posted here. It's SM2 > SM3 > SM > ASM > ASM2
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...2_netted_500k/

Last edited by whitecrown; 05-15-2024 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm watching it Thursday. But the Raimi ones were completely sold out and had packed houses. It was very difficult to find seats even a week in advance. I had no problem finding seats for the ASM movies and when I watched the first one, it was only half full. More muted audience reactions compared to the Raimi ones which had audiences clapping, hooting, hollering, and in the case of SM3, laughing hysterically.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony is using these re-releases to gauge which ones still have audience appeal for future installments.

Box office results so far are posted here. It's SM2 > SM3 > SM > ASM > ASM2
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...2_netted_500k/

Spider-Man 2 had the good fortune to come out on a holiday on the second week of the promotion when awareness was at its peak.

The first one did play in my regional theater in Queens, but I had to go to Manhattan to catch the second.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire etc. are up for it, I'd love to see it.

As for a continuation in the form of a Spider-Girl movie, I'd rather have Spider-Man 4. A Spider-Girl movie can be made anytime, but a potential Spider-Man 4 only has a limited window of time to be produced before the people involved become too old.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 05-15-2024 at 07:43 AM.

Why not just make SPIDER-MAN 4 The Animated Movie?

There’s obviously a market for animated Spidey movies. Tobey Maguire (and others) can Reprise his role more easily, the story doesn’t have to deal w. the time gap if it doesn’t want to…seems like it’d be a win.